New blades, can fly only several seconds then lands

Reaction score
I am trying to figure out a problem. I recently changed the blades on my phantom 1 for vision 2 blades. They look exactly like the other white plastic blades. Problem is duofold. I also had a small crash runningn into leaves at about shoulder height with a slow fall at the end. My copter now can lift off, fly 5 or 6 seconds, then it starts to descend like a low battery i havent checked the warning lights I was too busy trying to catch the copter. One handed catch by the way. So can it be a mismatch of blades, although they are supposed to be compatible, or do you think it is from the knock I did replace the battery and it was fully charged. Even ran the Naza software and it read the 12.1 voltage exacly so the copter is seeing the proper voltage. I did notice that one of the motors seems a bit easier to slow than others in idle but it seems to take off normally. Where should I start to debug. Has anyone had a simiiar experience? I also changed the blades because I cracked two.
One in the fall and one right after. The new blade has two sets of opposing arrows. I put it on the reverse blade so it tipped on crash off, I mean take off lol. I should have just looked at the blade and known which direction by the higher cuttin edge on the direction side. Any suggestions other than buy a new copter?

I would say spin the motors by hand and see if there is more resistance on the one...motors are cheap..as far as using vision 2 blades Im not sure if they are compatible or not....could also be something in the housing of the motor that is causing it to run wierd...are the motors hot to the touch after attempting to fly?

the motors are not hot and they all seem to spin ok. i may try to increase the gains as the new blades seem softer than the others, or maybe they are not compatible

Another brand from China. I will put on my original blaes ans see if something is wrong. Maybe one of the esc's is malfunctioning
giving errors Not sure how to figure which one may be defective as all motors turn.

Yeah I'd suggest staying away from look-alikes when it comes to props. But I don't think that's the cause of your early low-voltage warning and resulting auto-land

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl