New battery

Reaction score
Hey everyone so I ordered an extra battery for the p4 on Amazon. It was the one sold by DJI. It works but it was acting strange- it would turn on when I only pressed the button but did not hold it down. I know some people have had their drones just fall out of the air after getting a new battery. Again it was working fine in the air for its first flight.
I'm just wondering how much I should worry about it falling out of the sky :) thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Are you pressing it twice as per normal, and is it fully charged? The only battery related crashes I have heard of are when they are not fully charged, flying outside of their operating temperature or not properly inserted in the first place.

It works but it was acting strange- it would turn on when I only pressed the button but did not hold it down
I would be very worried if it acted differently to my other batteries - it could be that the switch has a bad connection, or is mechanically faulty, and by pressing it down you are temporarily breaking instead of making the connection in the switch so the micro in the battery thinks it is the second press when you let go the first time - does the switch have the same tactile feedback as your' other batteries?

If it were me, I would be sending it back as defective - as you say a problem with the battery is definitely not worth risking your' pride and toy!

Reactions: Neon Euc

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robvalduga