Need transmitter for my p2

Reaction score
Hey all.
I'm looking for a upgraded transmitter to operate my gimbal, P2, or anything else I want to throw on it.
A transmitter that is good yet less expensive.
Any suggestions?..

What's the possibility of using a Turnigy 9X instead of a Futaba T8FG? It's not as good as a Futaba, but I aint rich.
Would I need to modify the stock receiver in the P2?

A Turnigy 9x is a great entry-level aftermarket controller, but you will need to replace the Phantom's Rx with the one that came with the 9x, or get a Tx module for the back of the 9x and a matching Rx (such as FrSky).

Are you already looking at a particular 9x..new or used?

For reference, a FrSky Tx module would cost around $30 on top of the price of the 9X, and the Rx would be in the $25-$30 range depending on which FrSky model you choose. Let me know if you want some more input on those options, I still keep my 9X around as backup :)

And, for a bit (but not much) more than that, you could just get a FrSky Taranis with matching Rx. Excellent controller, but that would push total cost to around $200.

Great information there. Thanks much.
$200 is better than $500 at this point. I've been buying a bunch of stuff to get my bare bones P2 up to where I want it to be. I need to chill out before I go out and buy a new or used controller right now. In a few weeks, I'll see if anyone has a good radio. For now I read I can get a lever to add to my stock P2 radio. I might temporary do that.

Cool. I've seen other pictures showing the pot in the upper left of the controller. I wondered how they did that.
Thanks for the link.

By the way.... If I came across a Futaba 14SG for a good price, would that work directly with the P2 receiver or would I need the receiver that came with it? Would any FASST radio work with the P2 receiver? In airplane or helicopter mode?
Thanks all.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl