Need Some Expert Advice (No Camera)

Thanks Guys!

I started DJI GO on my Samsung Mobile - I use this for the OSMO - and it gave me the option to enter camera mode for the craft. So I hooked it up and entered, it just says disconnected in it, I tried the calibrate RC sticks and it said it was disconnected, even though it was plugged into the phone. Is this the USB module then? You can hear it in the tablet and phone - then shows as if charging battery - when you plug in the USB, this is why I thought it was fine.

Need to sleep on this for now. Massive thank you for helping here! I will approach it with freshness tomorrow hopefully.
This happened to me as well. Started the GoApp & only got the "How to connect" option as well. Shut it down & restarted the GoApp it then went into the camera mode & all worked fine within the app. However, I have to do this same routine to enter the camera mode each time I start the GoApp. Weird. BTW, I'm using an iPad mini 2 wifi.

Reactions: Scottish Ryan
This happened to me as well. Started the GoApp & only got the "How to connect" option as well. Shut it down & restarted the GoApp it then went into the camera mode & all worked fine within the app. However, I have to do this same routine to enter the camera mode each time I start the GoApp. Weird. BTW, I'm using an iPad mini 2 wifi.
Just give it a couple of more seconds and it will come up. I had the same issue and just waited a few more seconds an it comes up.

Reactions: Scottish Ryan
One more thing, tell me if you have camera OSD or telemetry OSD

Massive thank you! I will most likely wait till after Christmas and get that replaced, I'm thinking it would be faster than sending it to Holland at this time of year and unable to find receipt too which is a pain. So all in all, the RC connects to the craft, the module does seem to throw out what devices recognise as power, But not transferring any data in to update or out to connect from RC.

Are these simple enough to fit, or best to be sent to shop I purchased form (they have repair centre)

I've no idea what the OSD is! It's a Phantom 3 Professional 4k with no modification and only 5 months old or so.

I've got further on this site, than I got through other online places and support from DJI. I can not thank enough!

I've no idea what the OSD is! It's a Phantom 3 Professional 4k with no modification and only 5 months old or so.

4b3909c.jpg

Problem solved at expense ___1___

I took it through to the shop I bought it from - which acts as repair centre too - and he had a look at it. We tried a Module on it like the one you linked to me and still it would not communicate with the app either. We tried another RC which worked perfectly fine and binded with the craft. He opened it and checked nothing was loose and all looked well. Seems as if nothing was connecting via USB Module or new Module.

In the end I bought the RC he had in store and now its working perfect. So I've the old one still here.

Now, in October I was at a festival where I had the equipment set up on a table, we've discovered that the Antenna plastic is broken - where it houses in and has now popped out but still attached - and we think that while I was away someone has maybe knocked it off the table. Just guess work really but seems like it's had a bang. Not sure if something has went on it due to that. Hard lesson!

Got the RC FOR £300 and had a test flight just now and all is well. It does say it needs an update though and that it can not be done via App, so not sure how to go about that?

I'm grateful for all the help here, at least we have some sort of resolution and our discussions prompted me to go through. Still not sure what the score is with the old RC. I may just sell it for spares or repair and try to recoup something back.

Reactions: NRJ
Glad everything worked out. Why did you have to pay? Your unit wasn't under warranty?

It was still under warranty, but I've misplaced the receipt and DJI will not accept my Credit Card Statement as proof of purchase.

Dear Ryan,

We would like your receipt as a credt card statement normaly does not say which product.

Thanks for choosing DJI

With kind regards,

DJI NL Technical Support

Then we have the Broken plastic at the Antenna and I could see where this was going to go. So I need to take it on the chin for this one! :(

It was still under warranty, but I've misplaced the receipt and DJI will not accept my Credit Card Statement as proof of purchase.

Dear Ryan,

We would like your receipt as a credt card statement normaly does not say which product.

Thanks for choosing DJI

With kind regards,

DJI NL Technical Support

Then we have the Broken plastic at the Antenna and I could see where this was going to go. So I need to take it on the chin for this one! :(
DJI has my purchases listed under my login

DJI has my purchases listed under my login

Mine isn't, I bought mine from a small independent store near Edinburgh in Scotland. It's traceable as we used Credit Card, but because it does not list it on the statement they are not entertaining us. I could push it further, actually I was going to, but firstly it's my own fault for leaving it sitting on a table while I was not around and I can not be bothered with the additional hassle this close to Christmas.

I might even want to do a few flights around Christmas too and the thought of not having it around is irritating.

Looks like an online purchase would have serve better here. Ho Hum :)

Hi Friends, I'm going through masses of stress just now due to my P3P and inability to get it to connect to the DJI Go app. I can not get a solution at all. :(

I've not used it since August and at the time it was the Pilot app. I decided to go take some footage of a Scottish location last week and was confused that it was now a new app name. Anyway, it would not show me camera mode.

I've since read up on all the updates of Firmware - which I've done - but can not update the RC as I do not get passed "How To Connect" for the App. If I plug the RC into the gimble it does not update, nether does a flash pen work.

I've tried the Samsung debugging setting, all manner of ways to boot up each device and nothing. I was so desperate I even bought a iPad Mini 2 and just wasted over £200 as it does not work on that either.

The RC can move the craft camera and the motors - without the props on of course - so seems to be able to connect with the craft, just not the App.

I've now discovered I've lost the recipe for it - although was bought on credit card - and DJI Europe want this for warranty. They want it sent in but have not said what is wrong.

How can it work on the old App just week ago and not be working now.

My fear now is that I've just blown £1400 as I've no clue what to do next. Any pointers, advice or likewise would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance! ;)

Hi Ryan, I'm going to reach way out on a limb here. I figure that you may be using an android device for the app. Do you have another app called App2SD, where you can install app's to your sd card? If you do, did you load the DJI Go app to your sd card? If you did, uninstall it from the sd card and try it again. If you are not sure, check it. If the DJI Go app is not installed on the sd card, then, this did not help. But always worth a look to see. Also, maybe just a shut down of your cell and removal of the battery too in all devices, tablet or whatever you are using for your app may help too. Wish you luck.

Dear Ryan,

Thanks for choosing DJI

With kind regards,

DJI NL Technical Support

Each time I buy something online, I capture the receipt at the purchase point or the email that they send to me and I file it under a file called Vendors. If I need a receipt, I can either email it directly or print it out, whichever they require. Never lost a receipt after that. Something to consider. Glad all worked out for you.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicos18