Need help

Reaction score
I have a dji phantom 3 that was I was flying and it just fell out the sky and broke some parts on the mother board so I ordered a new one and used a shell from another part drone that was not broke, so I removed the old motors and used the same screws and didn't notice screws was longer and screwed up in the motor when I started the drone all the motors tried to spin and came up with motor obstructed. I tried that twice and pulled battery and remove motors and put shorter screws in it and now I get esc error is there anyway to test motors or to test the board to see which one I damaged

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

If you drove the long screws through all four motors, then you'll need to replace all of them.

Reactions: Andre Evans
Motors only have one moving/wearing part and that is the bearings. If they were not involved in a crash which could bend or damage them physically or stall them with power to cause over-heating (or the long screws improperly used) then they are likely good.
Also do not try to use motors from other drones. Be sure they are proper replacements.

Yeah but the long screw came out of the extra motors and I can't tell if the are damaged that's why I wanted to check and I have already dumped about 500 dollars in parts and I don't want to buy 4 motors and then the board is bad it has to be a way to check the ohms or some in the motors to see if they are damaged or the board to see if motors are getting voltage .. not trying to be a butt hole JUST TIRED OF SPENDING MONEY IN THIS THING

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Sure the measuring of coil resistance can be valid when comparing to each other.
There are no published specs on the resistance so you'll need to establish a known good value with a known good motor.

I'd be more worried about the ESCs which are now soldered to the main board and not independent like they use to be.If you stalled out the motors due to the screws being too long, you may have smoked the ESCs in the process. Getting an "ESC error" as you described, would point to that being the issue. Sorry for your luck but it sounds like you need another board or send that one in for a repair on the ESCs circuitry.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jorge sanchez