Need help with Phantom vision 2+

Reaction score
Hi,

I am a snowbird from Ohio staying at Recreation Plantation in Lady Lady. I am trying to fly a DJI Phantom vision 2+. I bought it used last year and flew it very little but this year I want to work with it more. Problem is I am having technical difficulties, can’t get to calibrate the compass and a couple other problems. I need to find someone that knows the quad. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Are you trying to calibrate it near a lot of metal (car, bridge, etc)?

What, precisely, are you doing to calibrate the compass? Step by step?

Hi,

I am a snowbird from Ohio staying at Recreation Plantation in Lady Lady. I am trying to fly a DJI Phantom vision 2+. I bought it used last year and flew it very little but this year I want to work with it more. Problem is I am having technical difficulties, can’t get to calibrate the compass and a couple other problems. I need to find someone that knows the quad. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Welcome to the forum, jab.
Here's a video showing the compass dance, I hope it helps. What other problems are you having?

No metal buildings. I followed the outlined steps. Turned on controller first, then Phantom, flipped #1 switch 6 or more times, yellow lights, rotated it horizontal one time and lights turn green and then rotate it nose down. That is when they flash red. It worked last year but I have tried it numerous time now and no go. Also course lock seems to be on both lower switch #2 positions. I think it all started when a computer friend helped me upgrade my software. Now I can't seem to reconnect to my computer with either the remote control or the Phantom.

No metal buildings. I followed the outlined steps. Turned on controller first, then Phantom, flipped #1 switch 6 or more times, yellow lights, rotated it horizontal one time and lights turn green and then rotate it nose down. That is when they flash red. It worked last year but I have tried it numerous time now and no go. Also course lock seems to be on both lower switch #2 positions. I think it all started when a computer friend helped me upgrade my software. Now I can't seem to reconnect to my computer with either the remote control or the Phantom.

Did he update your PC software (windows)? Chances are you might have to reinstall the DJI drivers for PC. You can get those off the DJI website. As for the calebiration issue, I experienced that. Could it be power lines nearby? Are you pointing North? It took me several tries during a span of a couple days before it worked for me. I think it was the pointing of the Phantom North that helped, not sure.

I would plug into the assist and go to the upgrade page and see if everything is current. If it is set up and start basic calibrations and then do the compass after all shows up with good readings in the IMU status etc. then do the compass dance. Two steps back help to go forward again...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl