Naza vs Phantom mode?

First flight today after switching to NAZA mode. I understand about getting used to it in Phantom mode first but once you switch you would never go back. The best of all worlds both modes on tap at the flick of a switch. I must confess however I did not try the failsafe return to home point position. I am sure it works like all the other modes however. I shall find it ideal for video work being able to use the wind in "atti" mode.

The only reason I can see that someone would not use NAZA-M is if they are not capable of not accidentally flipping switches when flying !

Otherwise it still flies the same. If people looked at it as more of enabling additional features and not "changing modes" everyone would do it.

Its really not changing anything.

Agreed.

Somehow this whole 'mode' thing has been blown out of proportion.

It simply allows enabling other features, but you must mind the switches.

Noting switch position(s) before power-up or flight is just part of a good pre-flight check
  • of your 'equipment'.

Hey Guys,
Question; I've read everything and I think I will change over to Naza. But my question is, In Naza mode how do you put it in compass calibration mode? Same way by flipping the S1 switch??
Thanks

RIck

Rickesco said:
Hey Guys,
Question; I've read everything and I think I will change over to Naza. But my question is, In Naza mode how do you put it in compass calibration mode? Same way by flipping the S1 switch??
Thanks

RIck

Yes. Also, with the new app/firmware you can trigger a compass calibration in the app.

Well I flew it for the first time in Naza mode. The only thing that kind of put my heart in the throat was when I hit the RTH switch. I was up approx 100 feet and the Phantom was about 600 feet away. I flipped the switch , the Phantom turn and haul butt to my spot. I thought It was a flyaway. I immediately flipped it back and it stopped. Is this this what's suppose to happened? Didn't try the Home lock feature.

Yes rth should do that. Home lock just backs the aircraft back to you with right down stick. It doesn't matter what way the aircraft is pointing as it just comes back to you.

DCGOO said:
D_Tshudy said:
Yes. Also, with the new app/firmware you can trigger a compass calibration in the app.
It is in Settings (it took me a little while to find it).

I just looked everywhere, checked every option, but I could not find how to do a compass calibration from within the app. So I'm still left to wonder how to initiate a compass calibration when in NAZA mode. What I am finding is that my Phantom 2+ simply takes a few minutes to achieve compass calibration on its own as I move from one place to another. And by place I mean like going from Illinois to Louisiana to Texas. Still, even though, I'd like to be able to do a manual calibration.

Flick S1 up and down just like in Phantom mode, no difference. Alternatively, when FIRST starting app choose Settings, NOT Camera, scroll down and it's there, just below Ground Station option (assuming you have latest app version)

Screenshot_2014-08-03-11-06-41.png

CocoPops said:
I wanna know this too.

Mine is due to arrive in next couple if days and I wanna be prepared.

Take your time and get used to the controls before enabling Naza mode.

I don't know about everyone else but the compass calibration in app is more cumbersome than its worth. But does save wear and tear on switches.

rrmccabe said:
I don't know about everyone else but the compass calibration in app is more cumbersome than its worth. But does save wear and tear on switches.

I agree. I keep forgetting to use it since it's not in my routine yet

jasonb777 said:
Question, will the compass calibration also reset home point when in mid flight?

Compass calibration [compensation] cannot be performed during flight.

Home point reassignment is a different process utilizing S2.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl