My Personal Goal -- 1.5 Miles @ 500 ft.

tizzl10 said:
kxkraze said:
Well, my second run fell short of the first by about 400 feet. The video dropped out and I couldn't recover it.

i have a question for you..what software are you using for the picture in picture?

Tizzl10,

Not sure of how complete of an answer you are looking for, so here is the whole war chest:

1) Capture the live video with the P2V+ (obviously)
2) Capture the telemetry data with the Vision+ Utility logger
3) Capture the DJI app stream with iRec app for the iPhone.
4) Pull all feed and telemetry data from steps 1~3 onto PC.
5) Use DashWare software to overlay telemetry data onto P2V+ video & Render.
6) Use CyberLink PowerDirector video editing software to overlay the iRec video on top of the DashWare rendered video from step 5.

http://www.dashware.net/

http://www.cyberlink.com/products/powerdirector-ultra/features_en_US.html?&r=1

Probably more than what you were asking for but that's how I do it from start to end.

Re: My Personal Goal -- 1.5 Miles @ 500 ft. GOING WITH FPVL

"CyberLink PowerDirector"

got it..thanks.

So, I have been flying with the FPVLR Stage 2+ for a while now. That plus factor -- 6.25 turn helix on the 5.8 ROCKS!! Highly recommend it. The 2.4 video was good and goes a MUCH longer range, but it would start dropping on me at about 1.0 to 1.5 miles out (around 8000 ft), when the 5.8 is still solid and has a whole lot more. I could often recover the video stream, but it was like threading a needle with teeny, tiny movements. I spoke with Tony and he recommended that I try the 2.4GHz amplifier, so I did. That makes a very big difference in range and I highly recommend it for anyone that likes to send their POD on longer distance trips. It also seemed to help a lot for signal occlusion from trees and humidity for close-range flying. My goal is still only 1.5 miles, and in reality, I have achieved it (and then some) but what I really want is an easy 1.5 miles.

SO, I pulled the trigger on the 2.4 bird-side antenna kit tonight. It was recommended by Tony as the best solution for a more forgiving 2.4 aiming experience. We shall see, and of course I will report my experience. Tony hasn't failed me yet, so I don't expect he will this time either.

As advertised, the 2.4 bird antenna package makes it easier to "aim" and maintain the video. I didn't notice much range increase, but it didn't seem like I was threading a needle to keep the video.

I plan to take a video of a long range flight either this weekend or next (depending on the weather).

kxkraze said:
2) Capture the telemetry data with the Vision+ Utility logger

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought I heard that telemetry data captured with the Vision+ Utility logger reduces FPV bandwidth/distance due to the extra data being transmitted? Now you have stage 3 antennas though it will certainly help mitigate this.

Either way, I echo your sentiments from earlier when you say you're a FPVLR Fanboy now - it's easy to become one when both the antennas are great and that Tony is just really helpful with post/pre sales advice!

Are you on iOS8 with iRec? Unfortunately my app refuses to load now on iOS8, despite a couple of reinstalls later. Shame really as it was a useful thing to have!

I honestly didn't notice any degradation in FPV by using the app. It may be degraded, but nothing that I noticed.

Oh man thanks alot, now you've got me worried about iRec. I haven't tried it since updating to iOS8. I'll have to check that out tonight. I'll report back.

BTW, I'm thinking about getting a flytrex core 2. The Vision + app developers don't support the iOS version nearly as much as the android version. For instance, they updated the android version to recover the logging file even if you lose the 2.4 connection. No such update for iOS users.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl