My personal best

I took my P3A up today to see how far I could take it before RTH kicked in. I made it 11,218 ft out. 22,771 total. I had a tree line on the other side of the highway. Real test will be true line of site no obstructions at the beach. If I can ever get good weather and time to go. Here is my flight.
0375abf113aebe470b2b3a0bb11d887a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just did my best!!!
8fea9e7fbc483d68a378327783b976c8.jpg
e4e961ff9e15d08f5affdbbfb9029ebc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: mikecorn1
I have a question for you long distance fliers.. Return to home kicked in? What do you mean specifically? What is the sequence of events? Do you lose video signal and keep flying? Or do you still have video and RTH turns the bird around? I have yet to have RTH kick in.. I have tested it out. I know how it operates but I haven't had it kick in while i was flying. Of course im not 14K out though.

I have a question for you long distance fliers.. Return to home kicked in? What do you mean specifically? What is the sequence of events? Do you lose video signal and keep flying? Or do you still have video and RTH turns the bird around? I have yet to have RTH kick in.. I have tested it out. I know how it operates but I haven't had it kick in while i was flying. Of course im not 14K out though.
It will kick on when your far away and u need the battery level left to make it back or when u lose signal

Do you lose video and TX signal at the same time? What is the sequence of events? Does the screen goes black alarm sounds? Does a big GAME OVER sign pop up on the app. What exactly happens

Do you lose video and TX signal at the same time? What is the sequence of events? Does the screen goes black alarm sounds? Does a big GAME OVER sign pop up on the app. What exactly happens
Sometimes u lose both signals but usually it very brief you usually get video back a second later. Or u get video back when it's already rth and your in range. I never lose either but the rth does kick on if I'm far away. I usually don't fly that far but every once in awhile like to push it a little. I always cancel rth and fly it back my self

Got it thanks
Sometimes u lose both signals but usually it very brief you usually get video back a second later. Or u get video back when it's already rth and your in range. I never lose either but the rth does kick on if I'm far away. I usually don't fly that far but every once in awhile like to push it a little. I always cancel rth and fly it back my self

Got it thanks!

Got it thanks

Got it thanks!
Usually your video will start getting choppy before u lose signal if u continue further. It will say no signal at the top where it says safe to fly. Definitely gets your heart pumping a little faster

Really you don't get it? Is that sarcasm or just that you truly don't get it?

When it wasn't you read through it anyway?

It is not illegal. Driving 66 in a 65 is illegal. Flying without VLOS is not illegal. Flying higher than 400 feet is not illegal. It may not be a great idea but illegal. Today it is not.

I will help..Ever ride a motorcycle? Have you ever driven faster than the posted speed limit. Have you ever taken your sportscar to a track to race it? Drag strip? They make camera's for the express purpose of taking action video of the things I just mentioned. Is it a great idea to drive 120mph on the freeway.. NOPE, it's incredibly reckless, is dangerous to everyone on the road and it is actually against the law... People still do it, video record themselves doing it and post their law breaking behavior on youtube. (Again... flying out of VLOS is not against the law)

So i can understand if you are not the type to push the envelope why you would not understand. Some people do and will continue to do so even when the recommendations become actual laws.[/

The day will come when someone is out flying outside of, what some of you call, the "guidelines". And a mishap will occur. It is just a matter of time. Then and only then will you come to understand just how much power the FAA has and they will use it to make a big example of YOU and what NOT to do. FAR's are NOT guidelines. Pilot's do not fly according to "guidelines", but in accordance with the Federal Aviation Regulations. Like it or not, a UAV capable of flying in the NAS is an aircraft and anyone operating it is a pilot. If and when a mishap occurs and you were flying outside the "guidelines", saying, "well I just thought it was a guideline" is not going to help you. You are misleading people on this forum to suggest that there are no rules, just "guidelines" is FALSE. Many have already found out the hard way. IMHO opinion flying BLOS and above 400 ft is inherently DANGEROUS to others and an accident just waiting to happen. And it will. Better hope it's not YOU!

I had mine set up on smart return home among other settings.
I never lost anything, just finally reached what the bird calculated as the necessary battery to safely return home and it initiated RTH.

When it was returning and about 1/4 mile away I retook manual control and flew it the remainder and landed.

I was over a huge frozen lake and had spotters and a chase atv in remote Canada. As such I didn't lose signal nor have to ascend over about 150 ft. distance was 12K feet plus.

The day will come when someone is out flying outside of, what some of you call, the "guidelines". And a mishap will occur. It is just a matter of time. Then and only then will you come to understand just how much power the FAA has and they will use it to make a big example of YOU and what NOT to do. FAR's are NOT guidelines. Pilot's do not fly according to "guidelines", but in accordance with the Federal Aviation Regulations. Like it or not, a UAV capable of flying in the NAS is an aircraft and anyone operating it is a pilot. If and when a mishap occurs and you were flying outside the "guidelines", saying, "well I just thought it was a guideline" is not going to help you. You are misleading people on this forum to suggest that there are no rules, just "guidelines" is FALSE. Many have already found out the hard way. IMHO opinion flying BLOS and above 400 ft is inherently DANGEROUS to others and an accident just waiting to happen. And it will. Better hope it's not YOU!
[emoji24][emoji24][emoji24][emoji24]

[emoji24][emoji24][emoji24][emoji24][emoji24][emoji24][emoji24][emoji24]

You are misleading people on this forum to suggest that there are no rules, just "guidelines" is FALSE.
OK.. I'm with you. Show me the rules other than the guidelines that exist right now. There are few laws but mostly there are no statutes that are enforceable strictly for drone pilots. If you can show me the law I will stop saying that these are guidelines and begin quoting you.

I'm not misleading anyone. I am simply stating that there are very few actual statutes.. There will be, but there just isn't today. If I'm wrong I will be happy to retract my statements. Post the link in your reply thanks.

Reactions: stulpin300m
AHHH. Don't cry. everything is going to be ok.
I'm not crying u are. Your trying to tell grown men what's right and wrong. Just have fun flying and let people fly the way they like. New laws are going to be put into place no matter what so it's not only because of people flying stupid.

Reactions: mikecorn1

It is not illegal. Driving 66 in a 65 is illegal. Flying without VLOS is not illegal. Flying higher than 400 feet is not illegal. It may not be a great idea but illegal. Today it is not.

I will help..Ever ride a motorcycle? Have you ever driven faster than the posted speed limit. Have you ever taken your sportscar to a track to race it? Drag strip? They make camera's for the express purpose of taking action video of the things I just mentioned. Is it a great idea to drive 120mph on the freeway.. NOPE, it's incredibly reckless, is dangerous to everyone on the road and it is actually against the law... People still do it, video record themselves doing it and post their law breaking behavior on youtube. (Again... flying out of VLOS is not against the law)

So i can understand if you are not the type to push the envelope why you would not understand. Some people do and will continue to do so even when the recommendations become actual laws.

So i can understand if you are not the type to push the envelope why you would not understand. Some people do and will continue to do so even when the recommendations become actual laws.
Mojo 2 BIG thumbs up. I'm guess he never watches sports or goes to any races.

The two times it happen to me. I was already on my way back. Window comes up to cancel or Yes to have take over. On its own it does about 21 mph. I help it along you can controll it.

I had mine set up on smart return home among other settings.
I never lost anything, just finally reached what the bird calculated as the necessary battery to safely return home and it initiated RTH.

When it was returning and about 1/4 mile away I retook manual control and flew it the remainder and landed.

I was over a huge frozen lake and had spotters and a chase atv in remote Canada. As such I didn't lose signal nor have to ascend over about 150 ft. distance was 12K feet plus.

That sounds like the perfect place to conduct such flight operations. These aircraft are amazing!
I'm not crying u are. Your trying to tell grown men what's right and wrong. Just have fun flying and let people fly the way they like. New laws are going to be put into place no matter what so it's not only because of people flying stupid.

Lets just change one word in your statement and MAYBE you'll understand where I am coming from. "Just have fun driving and let people drive the way they like". Yeah that will work....not. You are not permitted to drive any way you like, there are those "guidelines".

Mojo 2 BIG thumbs up. I'm guess he never watches sports or goes to any races.

So as far as you are concerned, you are saying, to EVERYONE here, that there are NO LAWS at all for flying a UAS. There are only guidelines which you understand to be just a suggestion from the FAA. This is your experienced message to all who are trying to learn. Just go out and fly any way you like and just have fun. And I am the one who doesn't get it. One question then. What is the purpose of a Section 333? Why would anyone need one IF there are no laws? If it's all just a suggestion, and the FAA has no power, no police, why bother? Why would anyone need an exemption from a suggestion? Just go fly and do whatever you want. How did the FAA take people to court, over all these years, and fine them for infractions from suggestions? Please teach me all about your extensive knowledge of the FAA and the FAR's and how they have no power, no police. How did all those people get caught breaking the "guidelines"?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl