My first crash

Reaction score
It was inevitable really and had to happen one day, was about 4ft high and travelling 35 MPH from one end of the park to the other when all of a sudden it decides it doesn't want to play anymore and descends, needless to say I lost count of the barrel rolls. I must say it was the longest walk of shame I've ever done and was not looking forward to seeing the carnage once I got there but surprisingly it wasn't too bad, looks like I only need a vibration board, LED light cover
20160829_173736.jpg
and a cable, not sure on the part numbers yet so if anyone wants to help me out with that it'll be appreciated
20160829_180317.jpg

20160829_173859.jpg

20160829_173825.jpg

20160829_174011.jpg

Oh and a battle scared camera!

Ohh, you might have got lucky, as it could have been much worse.
You will be back up and flying in little time, once those spare parts arrive.
So the "silly-con" cover helped nothing? ;-) Other than a little extra weight, and good looks...

Yes, I'd be scared too. Or did you mean scarred? Haha

RedHotPoker

Silly-con cover worked flawlessly as there's not a mark on the drone ;), scared scarred it's all the same to my predictive text machine

The wires seem as though they've just pulled out and might go back in, the board is an easy fix but struggling on an led cover

@msinger, might have a lead on the LED cover.
Pretty sure I saw an earlier post where one was sourced.... ;-)

Looks like those cables survived unscathed. Lucky Stars!!

RedHotPoker

The cable end, still attached, with the female receptacle & "black barrel shape", is an extra bit .. Was it there when you purchased the drone?

RedHotPoker

Yeah it's as it was, I've altered or added nothing, what's it do? It fits between the 2 tabs on the vibration board so I would assume you all have them

Last edited:
I've ordered up the bits from dji, checking eBay and Amazon I found a lot of complaints that the board supplied only fits a standard yet described as for adv/pro, damper holes in wrong place and as it happens NO tabs for the ferrite choke, the dji site shows the correct part so didn't want to wast time ordering from ebay/amazon, struggling on the led cover though

OK so my parts came today, although I'm not changing this particular cable the one in the packet does not come with the ferrite choke like the one that came with the drone and it is half the length, it's not a big deal as the original isn't damaged, just wondered why the discrepancy?

OK so my parts came today, although I'm not changing this particular cable the one in the packet does not come with the ferrite choke like the one that came with the drone and it is half the length, it's not a big deal as the original isn't damaged, just wondered why the discrepancy?

And more importantly....you haven't thought of why the aircraft did what it did do? It might be pointless to replace damaged parts and it do it all over again. Those type of things are not one time situations. It has a issue that you may want to look into before putting back in the sky. Just sayin.....

I'd just come back from doing a few long distance (to me anyway) runs with no issues, at the time of the nose dive i was literally skimming the football pitch, could of only been feet from the ground, I just put it down to VPS thinking I was landing and it nose dived for no reason, my thumb wasn't even on the left stick, right stick was full up, checked log and it showed 39mph, does VPS take into account forward movement when it's landing?

I'll just rebuild it, connect it up, see that everything works and go fly it

I'd just come back from doing a few long distance (to me anyway) runs with no issues, at the time of the nose dive i was literally skimming the football pitch, could of only been feet from the ground, I just put it down to VPS thinking I was landing and it nose dived for no reason, my thumb wasn't even on the left stick, right stick was full up, checked log and it showed 39mph, does VPS take into account forward movement when it's landing?

I'll just rebuild it, connect it up, see that everything works and go fly it

I doubt it had anything to do with VPS. Why do you fly with VPS activated anyway? Did you know the VPS helps eat up fly time? Basically it does it's part on battery. If you have it activated while you everything powered on inside the house, say you adjusting settings from the GO app menu, but after a short time just lean over and feel the top of the aircraft to see how hot it is. Anyway, the only time I consider using the VPS is when trying to land when there is strong windy conditions. Otherwise, I think the VPS is for flying inside when you don't have a gps signal to help as usual.

OK I'll turn it off

I use to fly with it on all the time before realizing it does in fact draw from the battery the way it does.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl