My FC40's evolution, paint wise anyway...

Reaction score
One thing I've taken an interest in lately, is playing about with airbrushing, with an eye towards actually painting something useful some day, like my car or motorcycle.

In the meantime though, my FC40 was just sitting there... (and my friend has been bugging me to show y'all...)

P1110105_zpswm5jwlfn.jpg

Rather than load pics here, I keep photobucket busy - the latest pics start here...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v619/MikeEast/2015/Phantom FC40 pics/P1110133_zpszsbck26a.jpg

Please keep in mind that this is a work in progress and /will/ change over time. I don't consider it 'done' yet. ;-)

If you follow that link there are also pics of my last crash - which was really just autolanding out-of-battery at the end of my street, into about an 80-90' tree.
(I need telemetry!)
Poor thing lived there for several days, as a) I'm not climbing that high up, and b) I couldn't get a climber and helper in that time and c) the weather sucked.

Highish winds probably took it down, unless a bird got it when I wasn't looking - it hit pretty hard and took out the landing gear (thus the new red ones) and the headlight drained the battery all the way (it's 3.76v and won't charge anymore).

Here is a video of that 'landing' - a weather front was rolling in and I wanted to watch, it autolanded at about 7 minutes into the flight, and I /was/ one the way home.
The poor thing recorded anothyer 11 minutes of video showing it whacking away at a branch, and you can see me zoom the camera while I was looking for it.
I never saw it - my Friend Duane has way better eyes than I.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-U772Sm75I[/youtube]

Enjoy!

Mike

Cool paint job, nice landing in the tree too, real gentle. :lol:

You are never going to get your bird mixed up with anyone else's, that's for sure.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl