My app has frozen a lot on me during flight.

Reaction score
Any help on why? I then have to restart my iPhone 6. It just happened to me twice in one flight and I lost all my great video [emoji35]

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Try these settings. If that does not help, then reinstall the DJI GO app.

I used to have the same issue on my android phone (Note 4) as well.

I think the DJI app is a resource hog.. I went out and bought a GALAXY TAB PRO for $160 to use with my drone. That is the ONLY thing it's used for (other than keeping the battery in cycle by streaming Pandora radio when tinkering in the garage). I have yet to have a freeze up with the new tablet.

Also did two flights with a Note Pro 12" tablet on Verizon and did not have freeze up either.

One day I'll try a secured flight with my iPhone 6s Plus and see how that fairs.. but honestly I haven't had issues with my dedicated tablet so I'm not all that curious lol

Any help on why? I then have to restart my iPhone 6. It just happened to me twice in one flight and I lost all my great video [emoji35]

Why would you lose your video? As long as you're recording to an SD card it will continue to record no matter what happens to your mobile device. Same thing if you lose signal, video recording will continue if it was started prior to signal loss.

Use a faster device with larger memory.

I have a 6+ and have had no problems. You may want to make sure you have shutdown all other apps and not just exited them. Just double click the home button and you should see all the open apps that are cascaded behind the home screen. Swipe each app up to exit them, then try the DJIgo app. If it still crashes then turn off the phone for 15 seconds and then turn it back on. Only thing left would be to remove and reinstall the app.

I fly in airplane mode with just wifi on and it's been pretty much perfect so far!!

Draco I'm getting my P3A next week, I have an iPad 2 air one wifi only and a iPhone 6+. Two questions, what happens if someone rings you while your flying? And what would be better having the GPS on the iPhone or the bigger screen?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

No problems with the iPhone 6 in airplane mode although it gets very hot. Always taking the cover off.

According to info from DJI, nothing will happen when your phone rings until you answer it. They say the P3P will hover when you answer the call, but that is when the P3 is operating a function like POI. It does not say what it will do during free flight. Which is why I use a tablet and not just my phone. I am not willing to risk the unknown.

As for the GPS, In order to have that in a tablet it must have cellular capabilities. But I just tether my tablet to my phone and I still have GPS through the phone. My carrier is AT&T so I can use my phone and browse the Internet at the same time unlike other carriers. I'm not knocking the other carriers, I'm just providing information.

That's a great point, so you tether your iPad to your phone and that gives it full GPS capability? You just saved me £300

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Glad to hear it, and you don't have to worry about phone calls interrupting flight operations other than how it may distract you.

But I just tether my tablet to my phone and I still have GPS through the phone.
Are you sure this works? I've seen a lot of people mention they tried this and the GPS data is not shared.

I don't know about other people, but my iPad shows GPS safe to fly at the top in green and it is only wifi. So with seeing that I would believe it is working. I used to use my 6+ but I got a call while flying and it totally distracted me as I could not see any data from the DJIgo app. I did not want a repeat of that experience.

Worse case scenario for anyone is to try with what you have and if it doesn't work, then get another tablet with cellular. I just got the iPad mini 2 and it works, but the processor is too slow and I will be taking it back and upgrading since I have only had the iPad for 4 days.

I don't know about other people, but my iPad shows GPS safe to fly at the top in green and it is only wifi. So with seeing that I would believe it is working.
Ah, that just means your Phantom has a GPS connection. It has its own GPS receiver.

Try using the Follow Me mode. If that does not work, then your tablet does not have a GPS connection.

I just got the iPad mini 2 and it works, but the processor is too slow
The iPad Mini 2 works great for me. I run it with these settings though.

Good to know, I have not used that function because there are too many trees where I am and I am too chicken to take all of this expensive equipment with me on the river.

So in review, the P3 has its own GPS and if you want to do functions like follow me then you need another device (tablet or phone) with its own GPS. This way the drone can compare location information and follow.
For the amount of time I would use follow me (negligible) I would just use my phone otherwise I would use the tablet so I can have more video real estate.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl