Music for videos

Reaction score
Ok, so where are you all getting your music for videos that you can use to upload and doesn't get caught with copyright issues on the big boards? I need to buy some but don't know where the best place is.

Thanks.

GadgetRick said:
Ok, so where are you all getting your music for videos that you can use to upload and doesn't get caught with copyright issues on the big boards? I need to buy some but don't know where the best place is.

Thanks.

If you upload your music to YouTube, while in the editor click the AUDIO section. Once there, you can click Search down below the songs that show, and then select to "only shows songs of similar length" so they are long enough for your entire video. Once you have selected an audio track, select SAVE and it will process the video and add the music.

For commercial use you can buy tracks 'royalty free' on Ebay, but the quality varies wildly. Amazon MP3 download service has lots of royalty free tracks you can listen to before buying. For non-commercial use, Youtube offers about 150,000 choices of music tracks at no charge. Or, if you want to craft your own, try to find a copy of Sony's Cinescore. If you have deeper pockets, try SonicFire Pro software. Both are super easy to use and you'll own the legal rights to the music. Best of luck.

Thanks. I'll check out these options. This will be for commercial use--adding this as a service for my real estate photography business.

vortigern said:
I always switch the music off.
I need to provide it for my customers. I don't care for music most of the time but some people do. So I've got to do it.

I subscribe to Vimeo. I think they have much better video quality, in HD. I'm not sure if YouTube does or not. But it gives you a choice of music you can pick out by category and then either free or ones you have to pay a buck or two for. After that you can edit the song to the length of your video and put in a fade at the end or beginning. Vimeo is worth every penny I spent and then some.

I have had luck buying the royalty free music from Shockwavesound.com. Big variety at a reasonable price. They have a lot of music timed to typical video lengths of 30 and 60 seconds.

I've used freesoundtrackmusic.com for a couple videos I put together. Buying tracks one at a time costs $3.50 each, and they have "bulk purchase" plans for I think 5 and 10 tracks as well.

If YouTube tells you that you have included copyright material, you can acknowledge third party material and it will allow access. In video manager, click on copyright notices and then on the blue link to the copyright notice. You can then acknowledge the content and it should play ok after that, unless the owners are particularly picky. Works for me in UK.

happydays said:
If YouTube tells you that you have included copyright material, you can acknowledge third party material and it will allow access. In video manager, click on copyright notices and then on the blue link to the copyright notice. You can then acknowledge the content and it should play ok after that, unless the owners are particularly picky. Works for me in UK.

Yes same here, there's a risk things will suddenly be muted at some point, has happened in the past due to some kind of dispute!
You can grab the soundtrack from any youtube video in various ways.
I'm not sure we are allowed to mention them but I don't suppose it's illegal exactly.
There are various extensions will do it in Chrome or firefox for a start.

If you were looking at more serious 'screening' of your videos in public you might need to be more careful.
I'm fairly sure google and youtube are happy at present with simply acknowledging the tune is not yours.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akinproplumbing