Multiple Fliers in the same area.

Reaction score
New topic.....
I have a bunch of friends that are P3/P4 owners and we all get together to fly from time to time.
When there are two or more of us flying at the same time, we seem to have problems with video feeds and occasionally control. We end up resolving the issue by landing and then flying one at a time....

I assume this is simply wifi congestion with all of the controllers lit up at the same time ? But with all of us flying in auto ch mode, should this be occurring ?
I have been playing with the idea of the 32 ch hack to alleviate this problem, thoughts on if it would work ?

I assume this is simply wifi congestion with all of the controllers lit up at the same time ? But with all of us flying in auto ch mode, should this be occurring ?
You should be able to fly several Phantoms together without difficulty.
How close are the controllers?
Have you tried moving a bit further apart?
i-fXHGsCQ-L.jpg

Reactions: suck it up
New topic.....
I have a bunch of friends that are P3/P4 owners and we all get together to fly from time to time.
When there are two or more of us flying at the same time, we seem to have problems with video feeds and occasionally control. We end up resolving the issue by landing and then flying one at a time....

I have been playing with the idea of the 32 ch hack to alleviate this problem, thoughts on if it would work ?
I was having the same problem with a P4.... the issue was solved when we moved further apart... I didn't measure but I guesstimate it was about 15 - 20 feet. The P4 does not have the channel mod, although, that's an interesting thought. I do... so next time out I will go on manual, and let him use Auto. Hmmm.... Thanks for getting me to think ! :eek: Which, BTW, is quite dangerous !

we are all usually 15 to 20 feet apart.... a couple of us use the parabolic windsurfer antenna thingies. They work great, and we figured that turning away from the rest would help, but no difference.

A bit of distance between you and the channel hack for download you should have no dramas. Having seperate fixed clean channels for video (ch14 up) will give you a free 13 channels which the controllers will happily hop around on to avoid control channel conflicts. I'd be more concerned about avoiding crashing into each other, perhaps agree on altitudes before launch.

We are a very homogenous group.... if we are close we holler altitudes and directions and insults...
We usually have a loose flight plan we talk about before we fly.....

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl