Movies

Reaction score
whenever I do a movie, it starts out stopped. You push play and it goes for a half a second, and stops. You push play again and another half second. It does this all the way thru the video. I tried the hi def video I've tried lowering the quality thinking that maybe it' my computer, I even tried it on a friends computer same results. I tried the dealer I mailed them the chip and he said it does fine, I don't know if I believe him, and they are too far away to go there personally. I even mailed the p3p into Dji in Los Angeles, they kept it 6weeks and sent it back and it does the same thing. I can' find anyone who will exchange it for a new one. I can' use it the way it is, except for still shot's that it doe's very well.

Seems like you've tried everything except a different SD card...

Reactions: atki
Have you copied the video to your computer? Or are you trying to view it directly from the SD card inserted in a card-reader or from a USB cable? Even so, if you've shot 4K, you'll need a powerful computer to view the native file without it stuttering. If you have a video editing (or compression) program, try exporting it to lower-density file. And yes, try another SD card, too.

Try the card in a different computer. It could be that your systems codecs are not completely compatible.

If you're on windows I'd suggest vlc media player over windows media player.. The latter sucks plain and simple

Last edited:
Reactions: S5S5G6
Ive tried different cards, I have down loaded to my computer and it was a little better when it was off the card, but still did it.

Tried the Vic same thing
Well is your computer and the other computer you tried to play it on roughly the same specs? If so, the test proves nothing. And your dealer could very well have a better computer than both you and your friend, thus the video played fine...

Upload the video to YouTube and try playing it that way. Post the link here.

Tried the Vic same thing

By "Vic" do you mean VLC Media Player? As BBFpv said what are the specs of your computer? how old is it etc? Lets give your dealer some credit and say it worked on his system, where do you think that points to as the problem?

As others have already said, sounds like classic symptoms that your system does not have the capacity to play 4K. Have you tried switching to 1080 in the Phantom?

My system is almost 2 years old. I did not buy my system with 4K in mind. I don't think I had even heard of 4K two years ago. The first time I tried to play 4K I got the horrible freeze/stutter like you describe. Forget trying to edit 4K. My system is on the lower end of capabilities to play 4K, (others have told me it won't work) but I have been able to not only overcome the play back stutter, but get to the point of being able to edit the 4K without spending any money

Give us your computer specs, Windows 7.x?, 8.x?, processor and speed?, RAM?, HDD speed?, graphics card? If it is in the ball park, maybe we can help. If not, filming in 1080, or upgrading to a new system may be your only choice

Reactions: acherman
I have tried 1080 and the same thing, i've put a video on you tube. It start's off with elevated train tracks, does a 180 and completely stops.

I didn't know how to put it on u tube, so it' under dji 0008 on u tube I know you can find it.
I just viewed your video. You filmed it in 4k. My guess is your computer can not handle the processing of 4K video. With that said, If you plan on using that computer then you will have to reduce your video quality down to a level it will handle. It plays and looks good on my computer.

Your workflow and your viewing process is quite confusing. At some point you went from an SD card and VLC to YouTube, so I am not sure where to even begin trying to help you. Try starting over in complete sentences and answer the questions that were put to you by others who would be willing to help if you would participate. I get the feeling that your PC's are inadequate for video and your internet connection is barely adequate for video on the iPad.

I've tried everything, I even had a p2 so I know how to use it. I tried it direct from the card, then from the computer, I've down loaded many media players, I've tried it 4k, and 1080p. It just does't work in video. It takes good still pictures, as video camera it worthless to me.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl