motors won't power on / light out

Reaction score
Really need some help here guys/gals and this is a tricky one.

SO, i crashed my drone a few weeks ago. the battery popped out mid flight, came crashing to the ground, drone dropped a few feet from the battery. Nothing appeared to break on the drone but the battery was smashed. Got a new battery (after market) plugged it in, blinked, calibrated, turned on the motors and when i went to take off, i stopped for a second to watch it hover and when i tried to bring it down, it wouldn't respond, the motors would not turn off even once i got it on the ground. Had to manually ground it and unplug battery.

NOW it powers on blinks green yellow green yellow about 7 times then NO LIGHT.

ANY help would be greatly appreciated.

Aftermarket sounds like at least one of the problems. Never heard anything good about them.

Really need some help here guys/gals and this is a tricky one.

SO, i crashed my drone a few weeks ago. the battery popped out mid flight, came crashing to the ground, drone dropped a few feet from the battery. Nothing appeared to break on the drone but the battery was smashed. Got a new battery (after market) plugged it in, blinked, calibrated, turned on the motors and when i went to take off, i stopped for a second to watch it hover and when i tried to bring it down, it wouldn't respond, the motors would not turn off even once i got it on the ground. Had to manually ground it and unplug battery.

NOW it powers on blinks green yellow green yellow about 7 times then NO LIGHT.

ANY help would be greatly appreciated.

What do you mean by " Had to manually ground it ....."?

Were the props actually still spinning when you unplugged the battery? :eek::eek:

No. The drone got flight for a minute, then would not respond. Turned off the controller and had to grab it out of the air while props were still spinning, and unplug the battery to power down.

Just turning off the remote controller will "NOT" cause the motors to shut down.

The only way to safely turn off the motors is by moving both remote controller sticks in the way DJI calls a CSC (Combination Stick Command).
See this link: Combination Stick Command - DJI Wiki

I could be wrong, but your problem of not being able to control the Phantom (in close) may just be your Controller switches being in the wrong position. The YELLOW GREEN blinking light sequence normally means that your IOC switch may have accidentally been set to the Course Lock position.

Unless someone has re-programmed the remotes switches, I would just try flying again but being very sure that BOTH of the Remote Controller Switches are in the full up position (i.e. GPS Mode).
Please understand that if you decide to try what I'm suggesting you have to take full responsibility for what happens.....

As always.... BE SURE to turn your remote controller on first before plugging in the battery

P.S. Another possibility is that the earlier crash damaged the Flight Controller (F/C) (not what your calling the remote controller) or circuits leading up to the F/C that's inside your Phantom. If that's true
your Phantom is probably not worth repairing.

Just turning off the remote controller will "NOT" cause the motors to shut down.

The only way to safely turn off the motors is by moving both remote controller sticks in the way DJI calls a CSC (Combination Stick Command).
See this link: Combination Stick Command - DJI Wiki

I could be wrong, but your problem of not being able to control the Phantom (in close) may just be your Controller switches being in the wrong position. The YELLOW GREEN blinking light sequence normally means that your IOC switch may have accidentally been set to the Course Lock position.

Unless someone has re-programmed the remotes switches, I would just try flying again but being very sure that BOTH of the Remote Controller Switches are in the full up position (i.e. GPS Mode).
Please understand that if you decide to try what I'm suggesting you have to take full responsibility for what happens.....

As always.... BE SURE to turn your remote controller on first before plugging in the battery

P.S. Another possibility is that the earlier crash damaged the Flight Controller (F/C) (not what your calling the remote controller) or circuits leading up to the F/C that's inside your Phantom. If that's true
your Phantom is probably not worth repairing.

I'm aware of how to turn off the rotors with the controller. It's simply not responding. Once it turns on it blinks a series of red, yellow, green several times then yellow, green yellow green (6 times) then light goes out but drone is on.

Connect to the assistant software and recalibrate the IMU, then do a compass calibration.

I'm aware of how to turn off the rotors with the controller. It's simply not responding. Once it turns on it blinks a series of red, yellow, green several times then yellow, green yellow green (6 times) then light goes out but drone is on.

According to the Naza Manual, the sequence you describe is simply the start-up sequence followed by the indication that you are in one of the IOC modes(course lock/Home lock), that is your left switch on the transmitter is NOT at top position.
However you can follow the previous suggestion and perform an IMU advanced calibration followed by a compass calibration.
While you are connected with the software, verify that all the positions of your left (and right) switches are correctly detected by the software.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl