Motor life

Reaction score
Does anyone know about how long the motors last in a P4pro v.2? And is there anyway to check them before they go out and crash. Or do I need to change them out after so many hours?

There is no documented motor life. Assuming you don't crash and damage the motors, you will likely stop flying and/or sell your Phantom before you ever need to change the motors.

There is no documented motor life. Assuming you don't crash and damage the motors, you will likely stop flying and/or sell your Phantom before you ever need to change the motors.

Wow[emoji106]

The only moving/wearing part...
Bearings.

I had a faulty motor on an Inspire 2 just recently. DJI replaced all 4 motors and the esc s under warranty.
I routinely rotate the props to check whether they turn smoothly, and one was rougher than the other 3. Well worth checking.

You can check the motor currents and esc temperatures by looking at the DAT files with CSVview or similar if you want to monitor performance.

As for no moving parts, they don't have brushes, which often wear on normal brushed DC motors, and there are no windings on the rotor, instead they have permanent magnets, normally slotted into the rotor - rather like an ac induction motor with the rotor and stator reversed.

If I did nothing else, I would check that they all turn smoothly and they're all about the same teperature after a flight. You can feel the slight resistance as the magnets in the rotor move around, and it should be even. If they are not smooth you may have some dirt inside, or bearing deterioration.

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94