More powerfull repeater?

If you corrupt the video file by shutting down while recording you can easily fix it by powering back up with the card in the camera. After about 30 seconds the file will be fixed, it will usually lose the last 10 seconds of video.

RemE said:
If you corrupt the video file by shutting down while recording you can easily fix it by powering back up with the card in the camera. After about 30 seconds the file will be fixed, it will usually lose the last 10 seconds of video.

Wow. wish i'd known that earlier but i still can't get this video to work :cry:

007trains said:
Highcloud said:
007trains said:
Just like to show everyone my latest setup:

On the phantom there are two 5.8ghz pentalobe antennas for the rc control and two 2.4ghz pentalobe antennas for the camera.

On the controller is a 5.8ghz parasitic helical antenna with a 1w booster and a 2.4ghz parasitic helical with a 2w booster.

With this setup i've gone to a range of 4.8km at an altitude of 50m so i'm very happy with the results. :D

I
Great range well done. How did you manage with battery power as 4.8 km must be at the limit or even beyond. Did you land away ?

I am using 1000mW sunhaus booster on the 5.8 but nothing on the 2.4. Which booster did you use and did you boost just one Chanel of the 2.4 ?

Looking at your mounting of the antennas do you have any problems when you fly sideways - given the null spots on pin wheels?

As far as the battery i took off with 80% and landed with 4% same place i took off

And i don't have any trouble with the signal flying sideways unless i'm a long way out but in that case i'm usually either pointing directly towards or away from me

Can you share any information about the 2.4 booster ? Which model and what extra range that gave you versus just the antenna without booster.

007trains said:
The 2.4ghz booster i used is a sunhans 2.5W that i bought from here

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/291024728674?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

I actually haven't used these antennas without the boosters so i cannot say what difference the boosters make but when the weather clears i'll see if i can bypass them and see what my range is

Thanks for this. Really interesting as this would avoid adding the amp to the PV . Would be keen to know range without booster when you get a chance.

Highcloud said:
007trains said:
The 2.4ghz booster i used is a sunhans 2.5W that i bought from here

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/291024728674?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

I actually haven't used these antennas without the boosters so i cannot say what difference the boosters make but when the weather clears i'll see if i can bypass them and see what my range is

Thanks for this. Really interesting as this would avoid adding the amp to the PV . Would be keen to know range without booster when you get a chance.

Just a point of interest i don't actually have any boosters on the phantom itself i only have them mounted on the back of the controller

RemE said:
LMC said:
See my Mod. Fly over N/A very easy . :lol:

Did you first post about using the ARGtek repeater? If so I have some questions for you!

Yes! I'm Jason Lee :D

LMC said:
RemE said:
LMC said:
See my Mod. Fly over N/A very easy . :lol:

Did you first post about using the ARGtek repeater? If so I have some questions for you!

Yes! I'm Jason Lee :D

Ah! I should have known. Well, after you posted about the "fake" ARGtek's I purchased a real one and found that I could not find a configuration that would work with the Vision. With each combination there would be a field missing that would prevent the iPhone app from displaying video, very frustrating.

The Docooler version of the ARGtek works fine and I did put an RF meter on each of the 3 antennas and it did have output on all 3 antennas so I've stuck with that. But I am curious if anyone has gotten the Real ARGtek PowerKing-X Tripple to work?

Latest update on my Wi-Fi repeater. Charged it fully one week ago. Yesterday, I checked the battery again (did not put it on for 6 days) and it took me 60 minutes to get it back to full power!!!

So, guys, please, always charge your Wi-Fi repeater immediately before you fly, otherwise, you will surely have problems with the range and/or with your DJI app. This is probably more relevant than the 2.4GHz antennas you might use for your FPV.

Alternatively, charge your Wi-Fi repeater while you are using it.

Try one of these external battery chargers, for example: http://www.ebay.com/itm/200988206233?ss ... 1497.l2649 or http://www.ebay.com/itm/140956790897?ss ... 1497.l2649

LMC said:
I don't know. Maybe one of motor or carbon props. failure. From 15 meter high crash into the river.
I use atti. mode fly and my fly skill is OK !

That's a sad story :cry:

As you say, it only takes one motor system to fail to take down the model, sorry for the loss!

Thank you everyone for the incredible science. This has all been new to me and very interesting.
I would like to have a go but have a couple of questions.
I'm just going to boost the repeater signal.
1 If I connect one of the antenna leads to the new antenna and leave the other one fixed to the stock internal antenna will I then have a choice ie if I disconnect the new antenna will the repeater revert to operating as before because of the one attached to the internal stock antenna? I'd like to have the option (i'd probably do the hole drilling in the repeater case thing)
2 Will this signal boost help when flying behind objects? I realise the signal gets cut dramatically through objects but I assume the boost will help. I like to fly behind things!
3 I'm looking at the
TP-Link TL-ANT2408CL 2.4GHz 8dbi or
TP-Link TL-ANT2409A 2.4GHz 9dBi Directional Antenna
I assume either would be really nice? Don't want record breaking signal transmission - just a bit more reliability

Thanks v much

There is a good utube video on installing an external antenna. I need to find the connector and antenna. Mine looses connection at about 400 feet, which is a pain.
Has anyone installed IOC yet?

I have been trying various combinations of antennas on the ArgTek (aka Docooler) AP/Repeater and here are the results:

- 3 x TP-Link 8dBi omnidirectional [stock P2V] => max. 500m FPV
- TP-Link 9dBi directional antenna + 2 x TP-Link 8dBi omnidirectional [stock P2V] => max. 940m FPV ; ~720m stable FPV
- Horizonfpv 9.6dBi LHCP antenna + 2 x TP-Link 8dBi omnidirectional [stock P2V] => max. 840m FPV ; ~740m stable FPV
- Horizonfpv 9.6dBi LHCP antenna + TP-Link 9dBi directional antenna + TP-Link 8dBi omnidirectional [stock P2V] => max. 740m FPV ; ~680m stable FPV
- Horizonfpv 9.6dBi LHCP antenna + 2 x TP-Link 8dBi omnidirectional [1 x 1.7dBi LHCP pinwheel on P2V] => max. 960m FPV ; ~770m stable FPV
- Horizonfpv 9.6dBi LHCP antenna + 2 x TP-Link 8dBi omnidirectional [1 x 1.7dBi LHCP pinwheel + 1 x 3 dBi small linear whip on P2V] => max. 1300m FPV (approximate only, since video distance shows N/A past 1km) ; ~860m stable FPV

I have a pair of LHCP antennas coming from FPVLR and will post results with them as well as results of a dual antennas setup (i.e. 2 LHCP antennas on repeater with 2 matching pinwheels on P2V) :D

themosttoys said:
007trains said:
Just like to show everyone my latest setup:

On the phantom there are two 5.8ghz pentalobe antennas for the rc control and two 2.4ghz pentalobe antennas for the camera.

On the controller is a 5.8ghz parasitic helical antenna with a 1w booster and a 2.4ghz parasitic helical with a 2w booster.

With this setup i've gone to a range of 4.8km at an altitude of 50m so i'm very happy with the results. :D

Good effort. Post the video of the full flight with full pan / yaw at 4.8km. No offence, but I know for a fact that with your antennas orientated like that (horizontal), at far less than 4.8km (regardless of amplification) when you turn sideways (pan / yaw with the antenna nulls pointed toward home) you will lose wifi signal. Of course, just to fly straight out and straight back (with LOS), your setup will work fine.

Happy flying

You're right, I tried his exact same horizontal setup, in addition to pointing down, and defiantly found pointing down to be more reliable.

RemE said:
LMC said:
I don't know. Maybe one of motor or carbon props. failure. From 15 meter high crash into the river.
I use atti. mode fly and my fly skill is OK !

That's a sad story :cry:

As you say, it only takes one motor system to fail to take down the model, sorry for the loss!

Not unless you're running a 6 or 8 motor copter. :)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor