• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    145.7 KB · Views: 554
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    145.7 KB · Views: 539
Sorg said:
This is my current distance ... High winds in ohio

Nice, I just got some of my parts today so tomorrow i'll be testing with the TPLINK 9DB directional, and a 5 and 9DB omni to compare results. What is the DB gain of the directional antenna you're using?

Hey ,Ben

I posted earlier in this thread take a look. 14dbi. You can see my setup

Steve

Hey , madman

It coming down to the bandwidth angles ... And if you want a stop sign attached to your transmitter . The smaller the bandwidth means you will have to keep the panel pointed right at it .. You would need the antenna locked on the PV constantly...if you would happen to move one inch it's about 40 feet the farther you get the PV out...the higher numbers for bandwidth and antenna DBI is what you need .. The max output for the range extender is 50mw unless you get a amplifier which I have not tried...

Sorg

Instructional video I just made on how to mod the DJI Wifi Repeater to use any screw in rp-sma type antenna with the connecter mounted directly into the repeater body for a streamlined look and easier use of different style antennas.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEHzDi4hHKU

Here's a couple of pics of the end result. I will be testing both omni directional as well as directional antennas.

Here is the parts list of the items in the video.

You will need a 1.5mm allen wrench for this.

2X U.FL Mini PCI to RP-SMA Pigtail Antenna WiFi Cable

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005UW ... UTF8&psc=1

TP-LINK TL-ANT2409A 2.4GHz 9dBi Directional Antenna,802.11n/b/g, RP-SMA Male connector, 1m/3ft cable
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003CF ... UTF8&psc=1

TP-LINK TL-ANT2405CL 2.4GHz 5dBi Indoor Omni-directional Antenna, 802.11n/b/g, 1.3m/4ft in extension cable

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004PF ... UTF8&psc=1

Attachments

• DJI Repeater mod 1.JPG
    DJI Repeater mod 1.JPG
    438.9 KB · Views: 588
  • DJI Repeater mod 2.JPG
    DJI Repeater mod 2.JPG
    402.7 KB · Views: 639
BenDronPilot, I do have a question?
Why you have 2X 2.4 GHz Antenna, I will like to know the logic behind in order for me to possible learn.
I do have a Similar setup:
Transmitter using: Dual Band 2.4GHz 5GHz 9dBi RP-SMA High Gain WiFi Wireless Antenna 5.8GHz
Repeater using the TP-Link TL ANT2409A
I'm doing something wrong here?

BenDronPilot

Next time please do not do something like this on a material that could case static electricity!

Before you know it, you will zap a chip inside the device!

Raffelo said:
Why you have 2X 2.4 GHz Antenna, I will like to know the logic behind in order for me to possible learn.
Transmitter using: Dual Band 2.4GHz 5GHz 9dBi RP-SMA High Gain WiFi Wireless Antenna 5.8GHz

No you're not doing anything wrong I chose to buy a variety of antennas for diffrrent scenarios and for basic testing and comparison. For example the omni directional antenna will allow me to use the Phantom controller with less bulk and without having to adjust antenna position as often. The range of that particular omni direction is to be determined. The directional antennas I got the to TPLink and another I am still waiting to recieve will be for days when I want to fly my Phantom at much greater distances while maintaining the best FPV WiFi preview quality.

I also have a couple of 5.8ghz omni directional clover leaf antennas to try out for when I am ready to mod the transmitter. I am also thinking that the 2.4ghz omni directional antenna I got will also work better than the stock antenna on the transmitter so I will test that as well when I have all 3 antennas in hand to test on it which which won't be for a couple more weeks still.

mem_ny said:
BenDronePilot

Great effort. Looking forward to results.

Thanks, when I have some results I will post back to tell you the difference between stock versus omnidirectional vs the directional and in a couple weeks possibly the transmitter too will get it's upgrade if I feel it necessary.

BenDronePilot said:
Raffelo said:

No you're not doing anything wrong I chose to buy a variety of antennas for diffrrent scenarios and for basic testing and comparison. For example the omni directional antenna will allow me to use the Phantom controller with less bulk and without having to adjust antenna position as often. The range of that particular omni direction is to be determined. The directional antennas I got the to TPLink and another I am still waiting to recieve will be for days when I want to fly my Phantom at much greater distances while maintaining the best FPV WiFi preview quality.

I also have a couple of 5.8ghz omni directional clover leaf antennas to try out for when I am ready to mod the transmitter. I am also thinking that the 2.4ghz omni directional antenna I got will also work better than the stock antenna on the transmitter so I will test that as well when I have all 3 antennas in hand to test on it which which won't be for a couple more weeks still.

Thanks for your detailed reply, I'm working in almost the same, I'm a ham radio Operator (KM6RM) and a MARS Operator(ABM6BD) and work in different radio projects if there is anything that I can assist let me know.

Some photos of my setup; I'm getting about 1.2km out of the wifi and 1.5km+ out of the rc in distance and 800m altitude with full wifi+rc.

Attachments

• controller setup.JPG
    controller setup.JPG
    87.1 KB · Views: 697
  • side view.JPG
    side view.JPG
    180.6 KB · Views: 625
  • RE mount.JPG
    RE mount.JPG
    94.7 KB · Views: 627
neils said:
Inside cam

Not my pics as taken from another post i just manipulated them to show pigtail contacts (hope they dont mind :oops: ).

Pic 3 shows underside of the main pcb where the pigtail wires go too, looking at pic 2 there are 2 screws to remove the camera unit, once removed the pigtails should be able to be removed without having to remove the main pcb.
Hope this helps and good luck to the person that wants to have a go :)

PIC 1
cam1_zps07fa447a.png

PIC 2
cam2_zps248de712.png

PIC 3
cam3_zpsa219da3d.png

and what happends if i just put a Mini PCI IPX U.FL to RP-SMA like the one in the reapeter in to the camara with a long cable and put an 2.4 ghz anttena in to the phantom landing gear near could this work?

few more shots:

Attachments

• rc mod.JPG
    rc mod.JPG
    233.3 KB · Views: 653
  • rc antenna.JPG
    rc antenna.JPG
    327.8 KB · Views: 630
  • altitude.jpg
    altitude.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 661
I tested to 1.6Km yesterday.. took this on way out,my HUD bugs out at 1k :( today I have fitted the flytrex. will post this data after next test.

Attachments

• 1k.png
    1k.png
    326.9 KB · Views: 675
Not really a repeater question...

I'm about to add a cloverleaf to the P2V itself, but I just noticed that the RX unit inside the P2V has two antennas!
Both have a U.FL Mini PCI connector, and both wires run down the legs.

Do I need to connect two cloverleaf antennas or can I just disconnect one?

FPV col said:
I tested to 1.6Km yesterday.. took this on way out,my HUD bugs out at 1k :( today I have fitted the flytrex. will post this data after next test.

Hi, you did it with your skew-planar antennas ?

christianjou said:
FPV col said:

Hi, you did it with your skew-planar antennas ?

Hi.. no I am using the TP patch for 2.4 and standard TX on FCC, I don't understand why some people are only getting 400' on rc :shock: next test will be more accurate by using the flytrex. I am going to try a tuned skew on the TX at some point to see what difference it will make. as for 2.4 there is very little if not anything can be done on the Drone side.

I can get 6km VT using a skew on my FPV powered glider setup but that is running 600mw

Attachments

• ground station.jpg
    ground station.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 551

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jakob08z