More channels hack

You would need the app to force select the channel. If you use your Phantom 3 without the app you will be stuck with the 8 channel auto selection. Once you manually select a channel within the app I am pretty sure it will remain on that selected channel even if the app crashes or you turn the tablet or phone off and on.
I
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1439637437.249754.jpg
do hack all th chaneel now, and i have up to 30, but my issues that i cannt use the custome bottom?! Is that normal, i am using latest frinwaer and go all.?!!!

So why i cannt use the custome botto

I have to say the I have not had good results with the mod, I have flown about 6 different flights, 4 a little over a mile, and 2 over 2 miles, and when I get the red bars for signal loss I go to the channels and click on manual and select a channel with no noise and I don't get any results. If I switch back to auto I get a little relief, but I'm convinced even with the extra channels your still limited to the output wattage of the RC. I'm sure it works for some but not for me, though I wish it did. I think I got lucky with this P3 compared to what I have seen out there because I have gotten 2 and a half miles out here on the coast of N.C.; w get a lot of humidity out here that always limited my old P2V+. I even returned my DBS antenna because they wouldn't help much with my battery limitations.

Jason, I can't count how many times it's been said in this thread - the 32 channel hack doesn't magically extend the maximum range of your RC. It simply helps people REACH that maximum range if they live or fly in an area that has a lot of radio interference on the default 8 channels. If you can already reach the max range provided by these devices in your area, then the extra channels won't help you. I'm not sure how much more clear anyone can be in this and yet someone new comes in this thread every single day and Muddies the water all over again.

Jason, I can't count how many times it's been said in this thread - the 32 channel hack doesn't magically extend the maximum range of your RC. It simply helps people REACH that maximum range if they live or fly in an area that has a lot of radio interference on the default 8 channels. If you can already reach the max range provided by these devices in your area, then the extra channels won't help you. I'm not sure how much more clear anyone can be in this and yet someone new comes in this thread every single day and Muddies the water all over again.
Viral I don't understand why people take a slightly negative post so personnal, if you would read the post you would see that I have flown out to a mile and lost signal where in some instances I have gone 2 miles. I have built my own custom hexacopters and programmed them, so I'm no newbie. Didn't say that the hack would magically extend the range?:confused: And I have read the thread and posted on here 20 pages or so ago. Newbies like you need to learn some respect and READ the post SLOOOWLY before you get your panties in a wad, by the way welcome to the forum.;)

I have the 32 channels after updates and is still there on my IPhone 6+ but for some reason its not working on my Shield tablet. I followed the same directions as before, and it worked. Anyone else having same issues?
I took me a couple days to figure out what I was doing wrong with my shield. For me I had 2 different places that showed a dji pilot file. I was using the wrong one. Make sure you are going andriod\data\dji pilot\.dji.configs. I had a separate dji file next to the android file. I'm not a computer person so I'm probably telling you something you already know but that's where I was messing up

... but I'm convinced even with the extra channels your[sic] still limited to the output wattage of the RC.

I can't read this any more slowly and come to a different conclusion. You are asserting that you're convinced of EXACTLY what everyone has been saying. Yes, you are still limited to the output wattage of the RC. There's no debate here.

Commenting earlier in this thread or being on this forum longer has no bearing on the fact that you stated you're finally convinced of something that has been spelled out explicitly time and again.

I'm annoyed because every time someone comes on here and says something like this, it resets the conversation for all those who just joined the thread. They now think there's some debate over whether or not the extra channels adds to the max range.

I have to say the I have not had good results with the mod, I have flown about 6 different flights, 4 a little over a mile, and 2 over 2 miles, and when I get the red bars for signal loss I go to the channels and click on manual and select a channel with no noise and I don't get any results. If I switch back to auto I get a little relief, but I'm convinced even with the extra channels your still limited to the output wattage of the RC. I'm sure it works for some but not for me, though I wish it did. I think I got lucky with this P3 compared to what I have seen out there because I have gotten 2 and a half miles out here on the coast of N.C.; w get a lot of humidity out here that always limited my old P2V+. I even returned my DBS antenna because they wouldn't help much with my battery limitations.
Another aspect to consider is the effects of path loss. This may have already been addressed, if only obliquely, in the 500+ posts in this thread. Once the signal leaves your RC it gets attenuated on the path to the Phantom. This path loss is very small if there is a clear line of sight to the Phantom but quickly grows with obstacles such as trees, buildings, hills, etc. in the path. With a low noise environment you could expect the RC/Phantom link to work at 10 miles or more with a clear line of sight. Put some buildings, or hills in the way with the same noise level and that distance can drop to 500 feet or less. Another factor that affects path loss is moisture, but at 2.4 GHz the path loss due to humidity is not large enough to be considered a factor.

You can't realistically do anything about RC power out, but, it's at least possible to reduce path loss by choosing a different path. It seems that you can't or don't want to choose a different path and attempts to lower noise have not been successful because the noise was low to begin with.

I am a little puzzled about your comment about the DBS antenna. Generally, an RC directional antenna would always be a win because it both concentrates more power in the direction of the Phantom AND it reduces noise at the RC arriving from directions other than the Phantom. There are real limits though. A directional antenna that mitigates the effects of an intervening hill would need to be much larger than is practical, maybe like an old style satellite TV 9 foot parabolic dish.

Ur totally saying the rite , the same happened with me and many of my friends, nothing will happened even we hacked more channel, the same reacting, thats bad,

t
Another aspect to consider is the effects of path loss. This may have already been addressed, if only obliquely, in the 500+ posts in this thread. Once the signal leaves your RC it gets attenuated on the path to the Phantom. This path loss is very small if there is a clear line of sight to the Phantom but quickly grows with obstacles such as trees, buildings, hills, etc. in the path. With a low noise environment you could expect the RC/Phantom link to work at 10 miles or more with a clear line of sight. Put some buildings, or hills in the way with the same noise level and that distance can drop to 500 feet or less. Another factor that affects path loss is moisture, but at 2.4 GHz the path loss due to humidity is not large enough to be considered a factor.

You can't realistically do anything about RC power out, but, it's at least possible to reduce path loss by choosing a different path. It seems that you can't or don't want to choose a different path and attempts to lower noise have not been successful because the noise was low to begin with.

I am a little puzzled about your comment about the DBS antenna. Generally, an RC directional antenna would always be a win because it both concentrates more power in the direction of the Phantom AND it reduces noise at the RC arriving from directions other than the Phantom. There are real limits though. A directional antenna that mitigates the effects of an intervening hill would need to be much larger than is practical, maybe like an old style satellite TV 9 foot parabolic dish.
Hey budwalker, what I mean is the fact that I have just about tacked out the standard battery on a flight(down to about 20%) I wouldn't really see the need in doing the mod from DBS other than the fact that it might help with penetration through trees and thick humidity. I can fly out about 2 and a half miles or so and by the time I return the battery is alot more drained than what I prefer to drain my lipos, about 30% is the norm for me.

I added channel 31 and now I can fly not quite but almost to the international space station........How can this be?

Hack is working with the new 1.4 update in IOS!!! Whoo Hoo! Anyone have diretions on doing this in the Android system?

I just installed the config file and now also have all of the channels in 1.3.2 on an Air 2. A couple of notes however.

When I fist clicked on "add file" and selected the new config file, I got a prompt box asking if I want to replace the original file. See the first photo attached below.

I selected replace, and then got a second prompt box about needing to unlock my iPad. See the second photo attached below.

I knew this would happen if the iPad was locked, I just wasn't paying attention to it and didn't see that it had locked.

I unlocked the iPad and saw that I had the GO app open, so I closed it out and again attempted to install the new config file. This time there was no prompt box about replacing the original file.

I am assuming that if you have the app open when you try to install this config file, you will get the prompt about replacing the original.

I disconnected the iPad from iTunes, opened the GO app, and there were all the channels. I haven't flown yet, but I am assuming that if I can see them now that they will be there later when I fly.

View attachment 26750
View attachment 26751
Hello, ok I have been all morning trying to do this hack I have file downloaded and unzipped the file and have my ipad air connected to PC with itunes and see the app but do not see how to up load a file except upload a file to the library and I did that but how do I get to the place to upload a file to my DJIgo app?? sorry if this has been answered or if I should know this but I dont. thanks for any help

Hello, ok I have been all morning trying to do this hack I have file downloaded and unzipped the file and have my ipad air connected to PC with itunes and see the app but do not see how to up load a file except upload a file to the library and I did that but how do I get to the place to upload a file to my DJIgo app?? sorry if this has been answered or if I should know this but I dont. thanks for any help
Connect your iPad to iTunes. In iTunes, select your iPad. Once you select your iPad, select the apps menu for your iPad. Scroll all the way down in that apps menu and you will see "file sharing." Select the GO app, and then add file. Browse to where you have saved your unzipped hack file and select it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mike Mauk
Connect your iPad to iTunes. In iTunes, select your iPad. Once you select your iPad, select the apps menu for your iPad. Scroll all the way down in that apps menu and you will see "file sharing." Select the GO app, and then add file. Browse to where you have saved your unzipped hack file and select it.
got it thanks

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nwbailey