More channels hack

The P3 has to be connected to change the channel selection
I just changed mine with just the RC, I think I did anyway.

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1441748583.442581.jpg

All is good. I have succeeded and have millions of channels at my disposal. Lol. Auto still looks like it selects between 13-20 but I have numerous channels with NO ACTIVITY!!!!! Whoooo Hooooo! No spam and it's good to go. My guess is that there are some real pissed people right about now and I'd be VERY Leary about updating any firmware going forward as they will disable this. Might have to make a choice between added features and keeping channels though......I'll keep the channels thank you! And God bless you person who uncovered this and shared it with your good friends on the forum!
Where -Exactly- are you placing the Config file?
On my iPad MINI 3 I used iTunes to place the file in the DJI Go documents folder and I still don't see my extra channels when I choose Custom.

I notice all the stock files that begin with "DJI" don't have spaces in the name- but the DJI Config File.ra I downloaded does. Could that be the issue?
iPad-DJIGo_docs_grab.jpg

Did you extract the file before adding it in iTunes?

yep
Also all software/ios/ Firmware is up to date.
Just did the FW 1.4 update an hour ago. Took it outside & flew a few minutes. All stable.

But I had this same issue before the update - I added this file a few weeks ago. But it never worked.

If you extracted it, then how is there a .rar file in the DJI folder?

The file name is .DJI.configs

Which is not in your image.

If you extracted it, then how is there a .rar file in the DJI folder?

The file name is .DJI.configs

Which is not in your image.
Even though this very thread shows about a dozen times exactly how to do this, it seems that not extracting the file remains a common mistake. Plus, I also saw the .rar file in his image. ;-)

OH.... Did not realize the .rar was a compressed file!
How do I extract it???

I did. Got an apparently empty folder. But I thought I set my computer to "view Hidden files" in terminal.
So I placed the folder in the app documents. Not sure if it will work.
I'll try later to see. No time now.

OH.... Did not realize the .rar was a compressed file!
How do I extract it???
Then DON'T SAY YOU EXTRACTED IT if you didn't even know it was a compressed file. People, quit acting like you can ignore and skip steps. If 5 members in here tell you to extract the file and show you how, then take their advice and don't just skip a step and come back here and ask why it didn't work. Members take time to help you in here and you completely ignore them.

Sorry for the rant but this happens every freaking day in here!

Then DON'T SAY YOU EXTRACTED IT if you didn't even know it was a compressed file. People, quit acting like you can ignore and skip steps. If 5 members in here tell you to extract the file and show you how, then take their advice and don't just skip a step and come back here and ask why it didn't work. Members take time to help you in here and you completely ignore them.

Sorry for the rant but this happens every freaking day in here!
Don't get yer panties in a twist buddy.
It came in a ZIP file. I did Extract that.
And thought that's what they meant.

Never heard of a **** .rar file before this so I didn't know.
I'm a Photographer that flys drones. Not the other way around.
Been shooting did digitally since digital was invented, so I so know a bit about computing- just this was a new one.
So cut me a little slack....

And re-freaking-lax. You'll live longer....

And once I understood that I found an RAR extractor- again, first time hearing about about type.
The folder appears blank. But when I get info it is 6k and an empty folder shows as 0k.
My question is can I just drop the folder in the DJI Docs or must I get the file inside to show and drop it in unenclosed?

You can try this......just remove the ".txt" from the end of the filename.

Attachments

• .DJI.configs.txt
    48 bytes · Views: 340
Well. Crap. I took off the folder and the ,rar file and put in the configs.txt and fired everything up.
Still no joy. Same channels- 13-20 in Auto or Custom.
Trying to follow instructions here - but not getting it.
I do appreciate the help though....

Did you rename the file? Remove the "txt" suffix? It should be named ".dji.configs" without the quotes.

.dji.configs

Yes. But I can't add the "." At the front of the file. Computer says only System files can be named that way.i did remove the .txt, but it still does not work.
I'm on a iPad Mini3

Yes. But I can't add the "." At the front of the file. Computer says only System files can be named that way.i did remove the .txt, but it still does not work.
I'm on a iPad Mini3
You don't have to add anything. Once you un-rar the file you will find a folder. The .config file is Inside the folder. On a Mac it is a hidden file. Read through this thread and you will see how to handle this. You will definitely need iTunes to make the transfer onto an iOS device.
Slow, steady, and research. It isn't difficult but with the hidden file it requires a special command to make the file visible. I believe the command sequence is pressing both the Option key plus the period key when attempting to add a file to the DJI Go App in iTunes.

Ok. Ill try again. But I have looked up several methods of going into Terminal, applying a command line to show hidden files. And still the folder appears empty.
Hard to move a file you can't see or select.

And I AM using iTunes to transfer the file.
I downloaded the file that iouforgiveno provided.
Removed the .txt, used iTunes to place in the DJI docs folder in my DJI Go app.
I can see it in the folder.
Connected to the RC & fired up the P3. Still no joy.

For some reason some of you think I'm not trying to follow your advice just because it's not working for me.
Erroneous assumptions.... And you know what they say about assuming....

I'm sure it's a simple thing that's not right. Just haven't figured it out yet.

Ok. Ill try again. But I have looked up several methods of going into Terminal, applying a command line to show hidden files. And still the folder appears empty.
Hard to move a file you can't see or select.

And I AM using iTunes to transfer the file.
I downloaded the file that iouforgiveno provided.
Removed the .txt, used iTunes to place in the DJI docs folder in my DJI Go app.
I can see it in the folder.
Connected to the RC & fired up the P3. Still no joy.

For some reason some of you think I'm not trying to follow your advice just because it's not working for me.
Erroneous assumptions.... And you know what they say about assuming....

I'm sure it's a simple thing that's not right. Just haven't figured it out yet.

I was wrong about the key sequence. It is Command- Shift-Period. Sorry

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thedrinklabsus