More channels hack

Does the hack change or need to be edited after or before upgrading to DJI Go app on Android?

Does the hack change or need to be edited after or before upgrading to DJI Go app on Android?
From what I can tell in post 514 of this thread, the hack remains when upgraded to GO.

Any way to get the Dji app to auto through all 32 channels instead of just the 8? I assumed it did before it was neutered.

I would suggest everyone educates themselves on channels and frequencies. It's a whole new world. Pick a wrong channel and your bird goes crazy or you end up in prison. Channels have restrictions on what , where and how you can use them. Some are restricted example channel 14 will put you in prison. Do yourself a favor and spend some time reading. Channels are not just there for the taking.
What is the frequency that the RC transmits on.
It's 2.5 for the video/FPV right? And is it 5.0 or 5.9 on the RC for the bird?

Last edited:
Last night I took the plunge into the unknown and switched to Litchi v1.7.3 and developer FW 1.04.0001.bin.
No flight time on the new app or FW, hopefully tonight.

Litchi has so far retained the 32 channels and allow custom selection.

Reactions: Oso
While increasing the number of channels is tempting, the loss of automatic channel switching gives me pause. What happens when your 5000 feet out and hit hard on your custom channel by a strong continuous signal from who knows where? Will only the video DL be affected or will control be lost as well hopefully forcing a successful RTH?
I donno, it's very reassuring to see the system automatically switch channels when required and not miss a beat.

What are the odds that DJI has read this forum post and the next update we loose all channel hacks?

I somehow doubt they care that we got those channels back. They can say they took away the channels that were interfering with other frequencies so they don't get yelled at by government officials and they get to leave the extra channels in for people that want the extra channels so badly that they'll "hack" the software.

It minimizes both official and customer complaints!

Reactions: jryser
Guaranteed they are aware of the 'hack'.

Where they [first] heard about it ....???

It has been discussed elswhere too.

While increasing the number of channels is tempting, the loss of automatic channel switching gives me pause. What happens when your 5000 feet out and hit hard on your custom channel by a strong continuous signal from who knows where? Will only the video DL be affected or will control be lost as well hopefully forcing a successful RTH?
I donno, it's very reassuring to see the system automatically switch channels when required and not miss a beat.
THAT is an interesting thought. I for one LIKE having an option to use all 32 channels but like you, I will stick to Auto. It's like having a Corvette in the city. Cool to have the horses when needed but I will stay within the speed limit as much as possible! [emoji237]

Sent from my PT beating heart

Reactions: Romonaga
You can still use auto after doing this mod! Honestly, I think this is almost a mandatory mod as you can still use the crowded channels in auto mode, or for when things get crowded switch to a less used manual channel. Mine hasn't moved from channel 29 since the upgrade.

You can still use auto after doing this mod! Honestly, I think this is almost a mandatory mod as you can still use the crowded channels in auto mode, or for when things get crowded switch to a less used manual channel. Mine hasn't moved from channel 29 since the upgrade.

I am leaving mine on 22 and no problems.

Wasn't it decided that Auto would not work on the bird? You could only Auto 13-20?

Maybe I missed something in this SHORT thread.

I can still choose auto after doing this mod. If I choose auto only the orig. stock channels will display activity bars and it will auto choose the best one. If I choose custom then it's one channel only.

Reactions: rrmccabe
It's for the video feed downlink.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctlfreak