More channels hack

OK... I did read the first several pages of this BOOK! It seems everyone has been saying taht this "hack" is not replacing any files or file structure. But on my iPad Air 2 connected to a window 10 system... when I try to add the file through Itunes it asked to confirm replacing a file. Im running ios 8.4 and DJI Go. What gives? Sorry if this was answered somewhere around page 18.. there is just too much fluff here to read it all.
You are indeed replacing an existing file. Someone earlier posted the original if you want to switch back. Of course the easiest way to revert back is to simply reinstall the app.

Reactions: III% Streve
You are indeed replacing an existing file. Someone earlier posted the original if you want to switch back. Of course the easiest way to revert back is to simply reinstall the app.
Strangely i just added a file, it never asked me to replace anyhting but this was before i started the app for the first time. I assume that the Go app will create the file after you starting the app for the first time, could be an explanation. I just know that it replaced nothing or better said it didnt ask about the file replacement

Reactions: NRJ
Strangely i just added a file, it never asked me to replace anyhting but this was before i started the app for the first time. I assume that the Go app will create the file after you starting the app for the first time, could be an explanation. I just know that it replaced nothing or better said it didnt ask about the file replacement
I had reinstalled the DJI GO app and added the file but it did not ask me at all to replace anything.

I think you find the channel where the white line is flat and lying close to or at the bottom of the scale.

That green 'Stable' means there is a something on that channel, but it is low enough in power to not cause too much interference, anyone agree?
I agree. You also want the "channel" on either side to be flat also, according to the manual. At least that's where I "think" I read that.

Is that an iOS thing only?

Neither of my Android tablets had a file to replace. Unless it had a hidden attribute and the transfer via USB cable did not tell me.

Last edited:
Your ipad air? I copied the file with itunes with my laptop PC, my Ipad2 was plugged in while i did it. The Ipad said nothing and my Itunes said nothing as well.
Yes, iPad Air 2. It was plugged into my desktop PC, with iTunes opened. But the Go app itself wasn't open on the iPad.

C'mon man. No Politics... Please!

I come here to escape ;)

Reactions: jryser
Very odd......after selecting channel 29 in the custom menu I got a pop up that said " WARNING, this channel is prohibited for personal use unless you vote for Donald Trump! ". WTF? He's everywhere......

LOL!! that is classic,...looks like we have a new " Teflon Don" on our hands now.

Now for the big question,...... Now that many of us have the 32 channels back,
how can we make sure we keep them in the app, do we back up DJI GO in our
pc under iTunes? also do we back up the original hack unzipped file? and or do
we not allow any new updates to our IOS devices?

Please answer if you know the facts to this equation.
Thanks Kevin
ps...........................make sure you vote for The Donald!!!!

I
Now for the big question,...... Now that many of us have the 32 channels back,
how can we make sure we keep them in the app, do we back up DJI GO in our
pc under iTunes? also do we back up the original hack unzipped file? and or do
we not allow any new updates to our IOS devices?

Please answer if you know the facts to this equation.
Thanks Kevin
ps...........................make sure you vote for The Donald!!!!
will vote for him, wait a minute...im not an american

Unless someone is planning to crate a device to mirror this mod with in the next few weeks, most of the time spent over that last 4-5 pages is non-productive.

We seriously need someone who can dig into the FW and find out what the file itself is actually doing. May even be a good idea to go as far as renaming the file so that whatever it is that gets put in place to stop the use of this mod, will have no effect on the group that looked out for themselves. Does that not make sense? If anyone knows what program to use I will be happy to look into it the best I can.

Makes sense to me because they are going to be soon dangling an app with waypoints and orbit that is totally locked down! It will be take your pick. New features or old hack with channels. Not sure but this might be programmable via the SDK. I think ultimate flight app might be 32 channels now.

Sent from my P01M using Tapatalk

Last edited:
There is not much to the file itself, just and ASCII string for the first 48 bytes, then zeros after that for the next 559 bytes.

I was running DJi 1.1.0 and decided to try this channel expansion mod. After uninstalling 1.1.0 and installing 1.2.0, I tried to get to the /files/ folder to insert the .DJi.cfg file and found the /files/ folder did not exist.
I opened the 1.2.0 app and then closed it. The /files/ folder seems to be created after the first running of the app. I have not gone back and tried it again.

What does the default app file display? Has anyone compared the two?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tpren3