More channels hack

No, I think it's 2 mHz spacing

The math doesn't add up to me.

At 2 Mhz spacing, with channel 1 @ 2286Mhz the next channels would be 2288, 2290, 2292, 2294,......2350.

Work system is a Mac and home system is Windows. My next work system will very likely be a Mac that I will install Windows on. So tired of the Mac controls designed to keep computer literate people from making progress... I'll try this on the home system tonight.

And why not just get a PC laptop you ask? Because I have this big beautiful Thunderbolt monitor... So Mac hardware running Windows in Bootcamp it is... ;-)

How to show and hide files on the MAC side. Copy these lines into terminal 1 at a time then press enter. Do the first 2 and copy your .DJI.configs file to your iTunes under the DJI app on the bottom right side. You can just drag and drop the file. It will ask you OK to replace file? Say yes and there you go 32 channels again. Then copy the next 2 lines to hide files again. Press enter after each one.

defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles YES

killall Finder

defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles NO

killall Finder

22MHz is WLAN convention, LB is ISM.

ISM is 2400-2500MHz. This is indicated on pages 38 - 39.

If the 'hack' extends the band above or below then then it is operating out-of-band thus not allowed.
I think you're right. The table in the document is hard to decipher. But, after looking at it again ISM clearly stops at 2500 mHz.

The math doesn't add up to me.

At 2 Mhz spacing, with channel 1 @ 2286Mhz the next channels would be 2288, 2290, 2292, 2294,......2350.
Maybe I should have described it different. What I meant is that the channel is 8mHz wide and then a 2 mHz space before the next channel.

The FCC report displays that DJi channel 1 is 2404 with 2MHz spacing and DJi channel 29 is 2480.

But you stated your spectrum analyzer displayed DJi channel 1 as 2286?

Really confusing data we're all trying to decipher. I would think a spectrum analyzer and the GL300A controller would reveal the correct data.

What make it more confusing is the FCC report above was for the DJI GL658B controller and not the GL300A I am using.

Are there two different versions of controllers?

The FCC report displays that DJi channel 1 is 2404 with 2MHz spacing and DJi channel 29 is 2480.

Really confusing data we're all trying to decipher. I would think a spectrum analyzer and the GL300A controller would reveal the correct data.

My bad n6vmo... thats the controller, the LB (P3) is a different report. let me get a link.

Maybe I should have described it different. What I meant is that the channel is 8mHz wide and then a 2 mHz space before the next channel.
Yes, I understood your first post. 2286 for your DJi channel 1 + 2Mhz for the next 31 channels is 62MHz. 2286 + 622350
My bad n6vmo... thats the controller, the LB (P3) is a different report. let me get a link.

No problem we're all trying to get to the bottom of this issue together.

Not sure what to say. The formula is derived from my measurements and verified for several of the channels. My controller is a GL300A

Here's the GL300 link:
https://fccid.io/SS3-GL3001501

But remember, we're not talking about uplink to the quad, we're talking about the LB downlink from the quad.

Here's the one for the LB in the aircraft.. It say P3Pro but it's the same for the advanced too.

https://fccid.io/SS3-WM3231503

That P3P report only shows 8 channels that span from just below and to just above the WiFi band. Where did the channels 9 - 32 go?
Do they continue up the band another 230MHz to 2706.6 for channel 32?

Not sure spacing really matters does it? The stock 13 to 20 take up ABOUT the same amount of band that 802.11 does and DJI is using less channels stock. So spacing has to be wider than 802.11.

After looking at document and assuming that 1-12 and 21 to 32 are above and below it appears to me that DJI is in violation and probably why they changed it.

Who knows :confused:

DJI has made up thier own channel numbers.

Useless for real-world comparisons.

Not sure spacing really matters does it? The stock 13 to 20 take up ABOUT the same amount of band that 802.11 does and DJI is using less channels stock. So spacing has to be wider than 802.11.

After looking at document and assuming that 1-12 and 21 to 32 are above and below it appears to me that DJI is in violation and probably why they changed it.

Who knows :confused:

Yup.

Reactions: rrmccabe
How to show and hide files on the MAC side. Copy these lines into terminal 1 at a time then press enter. Do the first 2 and copy your .DJI.configs file to your iTunes under the DJI app on the bottom right side. You can just drag and drop the file. It will ask you OK to replace file? Say yes and there you go 32 channels again. Then copy the next 2 lines to hide files again. Press enter after each one.

defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles YES

killall Finder

defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles NO

killall Finder
Already tried those commands which does allow me to see the file in Finder but no way to copy to iTunes at all.

No matter though. It took me 35 minutes to do it on my windows system at home. 30 minutes to drive home and 5 minutes to power on windows and copy the file over. I now have all 32 channels!!

Reactions: jryser and Oso
I've also tried on newest version and Go app but no luck. Would be nice to have as I get a lot of interference around lg high rises on beach

It works in the go app. If it didn't for you then you either placed the file in the wrong location or you put the RAR compressed archive instead of the config file inside of the archive. Others have made that same mistake wondering why it didn't work after.

Already tried those commands which does allow me to see the file in Finder but no way to copy to iTunes at all.

No matter though. It took me 35 minutes to do it on my windows system at home. 30 minutes to drive home and 5 minutes to power on windows and copy the file over. I now have all 32 channels!!
Once you can see the file it's only a matter of dragging and dropping it in iTunes with your device connected. You click on the DJI app scroll down on the right side. then drag and drop the file there. It will ask you want to replace? Say yes and it's done.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockymountaincaptures