More channels hack

Who knows......all I know is everywhere I go those 13-20 channels are blazing red. Why would DJI purposely for any reason pick those crowded channels? Why not 23-30? Channel 29-32 are almost always clean where ever I go. I still wonder if it was to curb people from going beyond one mile....

Reactions: skyeboysteve
I used windows and it put it in automatically. I had tried with my Mac and it would not work. I downloaded the folder with the original file and the hack file connected to iTunes in windows. When I clicked add file it said there was a file named .DJI.configs and do I want to overwrite it? Clicked yes and it was done.

Sent from my PT beating heart

Just put it in the root directory of the app--not any of the subfolders.
iTunes and Mac are SOOO infuriating. It will not see the .hidden files in iTunes even though in Finder I have hidden files showing. So when I try to add that file with iTunes all it will do is add the folder it's in which is now in the DJI GO app and cannot be removed.

So someone please tell me how to add this .hidden file in iTunes on a Mac please... I'm apparently not smart enough to figure it out.

Well I didn't mean to imply that specifically rmm.

The FCC test report indicates the P3 Tx capability (LB downlink) is spec'd between 2406.5 and 2476.5MHz. (DJI ch. 1-8)
This is well within the ISM band of 2400-2500MHz.

Now when you add in the DJI LB channel bandwidth which is unknown to me at this time (WLAN is 22MHz IIRC) DJI ch. 8 may start to get close to ch. 14's center freq. of 2484MHz.
IF in fact DJI uses say 22MHZ then DJI channel 8 BW extends to 2487.5MHz. Definitely venturing into ch. 14 'territory'.

This is just an observation based on some fact, some conjecture and possibly some error of recollection.

Last edited:
Reactions: JoBe
I got it finally. The file I had didn't have period at the beginning. I renamed and BOOM.

Thanks. Excited to try tonight where I normally always get signal warnings.

I got it finally. The file I had didn't have period at the beginning. I renamed and BOOM.

Thanks. Excited to try tonight where I normally always get signal warnings.
Can't rename DJI.configs to .DJI.configs when the file exists on the iOS device. Can't see the .DJI.configs in iTunes. What am I doing wrong?

iTunes and Mac are SOOO infuriating. It will not see the .hidden files in iTunes even though in Finder I have hidden files showing. So when I try to add that file with iTunes all it will do is add the folder it's in which is now in the DJI GO app and cannot be removed.

So someone please tell me how to add this .hidden file in iTunes on a Mac please... I'm apparently not smart enough to figure it out.
I agree, iTunes is the most ridiculous interface to use, if you're wanting to do something more than listen to Justin Bieber.

What may have caused you problems is that you tried copying the folder that the file is in, into the app. Instead, you need to copy the file itself (not the folder it's in), to the root directory of the app. At this point you have a useless folder and file in place on the app, as the app isn't looking for the file there. It might not be hurting anything, but you might consider deleting and reinstalling the app, then copying ONLY the file back into it.

I agree, iTunes is the most ridiculous interface to use, if you're wanting to do something more than listen to Justin Bieber.

What may have caused you problems is that you tried copying the folder that the file is in, into the app. Instead, you need to copy the file itself (not the folder it's in), to the root directory of the app. At this point you have a useless folder and file in place on the app, as the app isn't looking for the file there. It might not be hurting anything, but you might consider deleting and reinstalling the app, then copying ONLY the file back into it.
But at the root of the problem I cannot copy that file to iTunes because iTunes will not see it. It's hidden so iTunes sees just an empty folder. When I clicked Add anyway it copied the folder over with the contents but does me no good.

How do I copy over the hidden file?

Do everything you can to borrow someone's Windows laptop or something. I never could figure out the mac either! Fortunately I have a Windows computer too. Like you however, I am VERY interested in seeing if anyone pulls this off on a Mac. I use my Macs for ProTools and Premiere and Photoshop.

Do everything you can to borrow someone's Windows laptop or something. I never could figure out the mac either! Fortunately I have a Windows computer too. Like you however, I am VERY interested in seeing if anyone pulls this off on a Mac. I use my Macs for ProTools and Premiere and Photoshop.

Work system is a Mac and home system is Windows. My next work system will very likely be a Mac that I will install Windows on. So tired of the Mac controls designed to keep computer literate people from making progress... I'll try this on the home system tonight.

And why not just get a PC laptop you ask? Because I have this big beautiful Thunderbolt monitor... So Mac hardware running Windows in Bootcamp it is... ;-)

Ha! Dronebow I'd be happy to PM my number if that helps. I tried for 5 hours trying with the Mac and within 10 minutes on my 6 year old Windows machine I got it done (Windows 10 and latest iTunes). I wanted to cry. I hope there's one Mac solution.

Reactions: Dronebow
I ran my spectrum analyzer before I installed the channel hack and then afterwards. The hack does not change DJI channels 13 to 20, it just adds more channels above and below the original 8.

The channels are 8 mHz wide with 2mHz spacing. The center frequency of a DJI channel is Fc = 2286 + (channel# -1) *10
the lower frequency is Fl = 2282 + (channel# -1) *10
the upper frequency Fu = 2290 + (channel# -1) *10
E.g DJI channel 7 spans 2342 mHz to 2350 mHz, DJI channel 32 spans 2592 mHz to 2600 mHz

DJI channels 13 to 20 are coincident with the US WiFi channels 1 to 13.

DJI channels 21 to 32 occupy 2482 mHz to 2600 mHz and are above the US WiiFi channels. I assumed that since DJI removed channels 21 to 32 it was because it was illegal to use those frequencies in the US. But now I'm not so sure. https://transition.fcc.gov/oet/spectrum/table/fcctable.pdf seems to indicate those frequencies are available for ISM use. It'd be good if others could interpret what that document says about those frequencies.

Reactions: 43k and SENC
The channels are 8 mHz wide with 2mHz spacing.

Is this a typo and should read 22mHz spacing?

Because if DJi channel 1 is 2286 then at 2mHz spacing, channel 32 would be at 2350.

ISM is 2400-2500MHz. This is indicated on pages 38 - 39.

If the 'hack' extends the band above or below then then it is operating out-of-band thus not allowed.

The FCC published P3 LB channels are 1-8 starting at 2406.5-2476.5MHz at 10MHz spacing.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT