Minnesota - Area Code 952 - 651 - 612 Meetups & Flyins

Re: Minnesota - Area Code 952 Meetups & Flyins

I was watching the feed but it stopped after the first two bills and the 1620 one was last on the schedule.

Hey everyone!
I just wanted to stop by and introduce myself. You can call me TJ. I live near Waconia (south west). As my username (neveradayoff) indicates I am very busy but enjoy grabbing a few minutes here and there to fly my Heli's including a Phantom 2 that I just got a few days ago.

Being as busy as I am, I am not sure I would be able to participate in any meet-ups or fly-ins but you never know the stars might just align for a brief moment and it works out. So please include me on any invite lists.

I look forward to learning from all of you and I will post any things that I learn also.

Thank you.
TJ

ludedude said:
I was watching the feed but it stopped after the first two bills and the 1620 one was last on the schedule.

I am not too worried about it anymore. As someone pointed out to me, the federal government has already made rulings on this having to do with things like Google street map and satellite photos and paparazzi. If googles satellite can take a picture of me from outer space then I should be able to take a picture of someone from my Phantom. I think this is just a bunch of uneducated Minnesota politicians trying to pass a bill that won't stand up to federal scrutiny. I may be wrong but I am feeling better about it than I was a couple of days ago. Has anyone heard what the outcome of the session was?

PhantomDave said:
ludedude said:

I am not too worried about it anymore. As someone pointed out to me, the federal government has already made rulings on this having to do with things like Google street map and satellite photos and paparazzi. If googles satellite can take a picture of me from outer space then I should be able to take a picture of someone from my Phantom. I think this is just a bunch of uneducated Minnesota politicians trying to pass a bill that won't stand up to federal scrutiny. I may be wrong but I am feeling better about it than I was a couple of days ago. Has anyone heard what the outcome of the session was?
I was speaking to a few officers about that and they brought up the Google street map and whatnot. They agreed that anything passed here wouldn't likely last long once the feds stepped in.

I'm selling my black pearl monitor if anybody is interested. I have the AVL58 receiver, so the built in one seems redundant.

My senator called me and told me that we shouldn't have anything to worry about. That the language in this bill is being challenged and I suggested that they add language to exclude hobbyists and she is going to take that under consideration

PhantomDave said:
My senator called me and told me that we shouldn't have anything to worry about. That the language in this bill is being challenged and I suggested that they add language to exclude hobbyists and she is going to take that under consideration
she also told me that this bill will not pass this year, there's not enough time

PhantomDave said:
PhantomDave said:
she also told me that this bill will not pass this year, there's not enough time

Glad to hear it! Good work!

60 minutes is doing a show about drones tonight at 6pm on wcco.

Ok, this is not related to the Phantom but I don't know where else to post it.

Has anyone had problems getting a Spektrum DX6i to bind (not to a phantom)? I have a Blade MSRx that I had bound to my DX6i and just got a nano Qx and tried binding it to the DX6i and it wouldn't. On top of that I lost bind to the MSRx too. Now I cant get it o bind with anything.

I am getting frustrated and cant seem to find any good answers out there.

Thank you.

Hey all, I would like you input on the post I put in the news forum please check it out and comment. I need info before they do this in my town.

St. Boni MN says no to drones
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=10890

Thank you.

My only advice is to go to city council meetings and offer your opinion if they try to pass something similar. I'll let others comment on whether these local jurisdictions even have authority to do this

Griggs said:
My only advice is to go to city council meetings and offer your opinion if they try to pass something similar. I'll let others comment on whether these local jurisdictions even have authority to do this

Thank you. I plan on watching my city council agendas to make sure I am there when it comes up.

I'm up in Anoka, and am fairly new to the hobby would be interested in meeting up with people to fly/chat/get some education, I'm willing to drive down if theres a meet-up, please let me know.

Thanks Mike

bikermike said:
I'm up in Anoka, and am fairly new to the hobby would be interested in meeting up with people to fly/chat/get some education, I'm willing to drive down if theres a meet-up, please let me know.

Thanks Mike

Send me what type of equipment you have and I will add you to the list.

neveradayoff said:
Griggs said:

Thank you. I plan on watching my city council agendas to make sure I am there when it comes up.

This article was from a year ago. Does anyone know if they actually passed it and if it's still in place?. I called the reporter that did the story and he would be interested in doing that another story about people that fly them for a hobby. He told me to get a hold of him if we all get together sometime.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor