Minnesota - Area Code 952 - 651 - 612 Meetups & Flyins

Reaction score
Minnesotan's, If you are interested in learning tips and tricks together, and want a place to fly without hassle, post here. :geek:
4/19/14 Phanton Pilots Flyin set for May 3rd: SEE MY POST ON APRIL 23RD ON PAGE 19 HERE FOR FURTHER DETAILS.

We are planning the first Phantom Pilots meetup for Saturday May 3rd from 1:00 pm to 5:00 pm. Not open to general public or non pilots. Must bring an RC craft. Mostly open to DJI Phantom Pilots and spouses. Please bring your own folding tables, chairs, foods and refreshments. Electricity available on site for charging batteries.

You must be registered with PhantomDave on this forum for this flyin and RSVP to Qwadjok at [email protected] if you are interested.

I have ten acres of land and almost a mile to any homes so no worry about neighbors.

Leave me a PM if you want to do some flying. :geek:

Cold weather doesn't stop me from getting in some flight time plus I have a large pole building so if it's windy, we can fly indoors.

4/5/14 Now that Spring is here and this dam white crap is melting off, I am keeping an eye on when we can have all your 952, 651, 612 area code quad hoppers out for our first flyin. Do I hear a Hoo ah! Phantom Dave on here has been compiling the names on a list so let him know if you are interested in joining the group.

Also, as for the "drone" language in the Minnesota Bill that PhantomDave has done so well on keeping us informed on, it would seem prudent that since city, state and county parks are paid for with tax payer dollars, that tax payers (DJI ownrs) should be able to use these parks just as bikers, kite flyers, roller-bladders, dog walkers and joggers do as long as it is in a safe manner. Roads are paid for with tax payers dollars are we are allowed to use them as long as we are safe, yet an incredible amount of people are killed each year by cars yet they are not outlawed. I see the private use of RC craft just that, and if I want to start a business with a new form of technology, why should the FAA state I do not have that right especially in airspace the FAA has no jurisdiction in below 400 feet.

Hot air balloonist clubs fly all over the country, and sell site-seeing trips and get paid to take sky divers up yet they are not banned from federal airspace and they all fly higher than 400 feet and are much more of a danger than a small RC craft that one can control. IMO

QJ

Attachments

• Phantom 2 Vision -5 Degrees 400 x 300.jpg
    Phantom 2 Vision -5 Degrees 400 x 300.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 1,571
Reactions: AngAvestruz
Re: Minnesota - Area Code 952 Meetups & Flyins

I am in Chaska, where abouts are you? I would love a good place to fly.

I'm in Edina

I am located in Edina as well. I don't have a Phantom yet, but hopefully this will change soon. I would certainly be interested in getting together to learn more about the Phantom (or any other multicopter for that matter).

Hi Hirsch

I am south of you near Lakeville and Burnsville. I have been filing for two weeks at Buck Hill ski area. Completed one vid 4min 10 sec long. Let me know when you get your P2V.

Q

Hey guys,

I live east of Farmington and often atUMore Park in Rosemount. It's a nice area to fly as there's not much out there and is generally pretty quiet. I've got a Phantom and am working on getting an s800. Let me know if you guys get a little fly-in set up or something.

Hello! Let me know when and where. It's kind of cold outside now, not too good on batteries though. Just sold my P1 and am getting my P2 in the mail tomorrow. Just waiting on one more SMA nut to come in the mail to complete my ground station setup. Ready to fly with some friends!

John
-P2 with ground station
-Tarot Ironman 650

thongbong said:
Hello! Let me know when and where. It's kind of cold outside now, not too good on batteries though. Just sold my P1 and am getting my P2 in the mail tomorrow. Just waiting on one more SMA nut to come in the mail to complete my ground station setup. Ready to fly with some friends!

John
-P2 with ground station
-Tarot Ironman 650

Newbie to the Phantom, what is "ground station"

Newbie P2 owner here from Crystal checking in.

MisterG said:
Hey guys,

I live east of Farmington and often at UMore Park in Rosemount. It's a nice area to fly as there's not much out there and is generally pretty quiet. I've got a Phantom and am working on getting an s800. Let me know if you guys get a little fly-in set up or something.

Mr. G

Sounds good. Are you the guy who did the UMore Park vids? If so, nice job. I just finished a 7 min vid on Buck Hill Hill. Next is the Pond Hockey tournament on Lake Hariet, a snowmobile ride and a ice golfing tournament on the lake.

QJ

thongbong said:

John
-P2 with ground station
-Tarot Ironman 650

Cool. Where ya located in 952?

Did you get your P2V?

QJ

ludedude said:

Ludedude, welcome to the Minnesota team. You are not to far from here. Do you have a P2V and have you flown much?

I have over 31 hours now piloting and have the record below zero flight at -21 below. See my posts.

QJ

I did the uMore Park videos. Just messing around actually, but thanks! Send a link to your Buck Hill vid. I'm going to be starting a series on small towns and bridges this spring and it should be fun shooting. If you want to go fly sometimg, just let me know.

Hey Guys

Had an awesome day flying at the 2014 US Pond Hockey Championships at Lake Nakomis. WOW what an awesome day for flying. 39 degrees, sunny and calm winds. Simply awesome. Got lots of great video and produced a great lineup. The guys at the USPHC were great. The video is done, just need to produce it and get it posted.

Met another P2V pilot there heading to the Bahamas tomorrow with his P2V. Poor guy, has to go there for work....

QJ

Attachments

• Wide-Angle.jpg
    Wide-Angle.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 688

Qwadjok said:
Hey Guys

Had an awesome day flying at the 2014 US Pond Hockey Championships at Lake Nakomis. WOW what an awesome day for flying. 39 degrees, sunny and calm winds. Simply awesome. Got lots of great video and produced a great lineup. The guys at the USPHC were great. The video is done, just need to produce it and get it posted.

Met another P2V pilot there heading to the Bahamas tomorrow with his P2V. Poor guy, has to go there for work....

QJ

Have you posted your videos on youtube? If so, what is the URL?

Sorry for butting in on 952 but is anyone up north(way north 218) flying these phantoms? I'm on the cusp of buying and it would be neat to see one in person. Just to far from cities to be practical. thanks.

tranquility base said:
Sorry for butting in on 952 but is anyone up north(way north 218) flying these phantoms? I'm on the cusp of buying and it would be neat to see one in person. Just to far from cities to be practical. thanks.

I'll fly mine over so you can have a look. :lol:

I have not yet purchased a phantom and have no prior experience with them but would like to meet with a Phantom pilot to ask questions and see one in flight. Is there anyone in or near the St.Paul area that I could meet with and bounce some question off?
Thanks, Kurt

Email at [email protected]

Qwadjok said:
ludedude said:

Ludedude, welcome to the Minnesota team. You are not to far from here. Do you have a P2V and have you flown much?

I have over 31 hours now piloting and have the record below zero flight at -21 below. See my posts.

QJ

I have a P2 non vision. I'm a rookie when it cones to flying as I only have about 40 mins of flying time currently lol. I went out in the 10 degree weather a few days ago and decided I needed better gloves lol. I will be putting most of my videos on YouTube but only have one up there now since I've only flown once with the gopro hooked up.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl