Minnesota - Area Code 952 - 651 - 612 Meetups & Flyins

Re: Minnesota - Area Code 952 Meetups & Flyins

Although, I'm not sure we want to attract any more attention :D

PhantomDave said:
neveradayoff said:
Griggs said:
My only advice is to go to city council meetings and offer your opinion if they try to pass something similar. I'll let others comment on whether these local jurisdictions even have authority to do this

Thank you. I plan on watching my city council agendas to make sure I am there when it comes up.

This article was from a year ago. Does anyone know if they actually passed it and if it's still in place?. I called the reporter that did the story and he would be interested in doing that another story about people that fly them for a hobby. He told me to get a hold of him if we all get together sometime.

If he does I'll get him some stats on how many people have gotten their personal ID violated by getting on the internet, google, facebook, as opposed to people getting violated with a flying gopro! Probably the same people that trumpet invasion of privacy are the same ones who carelessly give out their personal info online.

Is anyone interested in a PV2 with prop guards and lens kit w/3 lens for $800. ****SOLD****

Hi, I'm Jim from maplewood. Got my PV2 2 weeks ago. Would enjoy flying with some other quad fans.

Gotcher6 said:
Hi, I'm Jim from maplewood. Got my PV2 2 weeks ago. Would enjoy flying with some other quad fans.

Welcome aboard Jim. I will add you to the list and send you a copy

Re: Minnesota - Area Code 952 Flyin Scheduled For May 3rd

To all those Phantom pilots who are registered with PhantomDave on here and want to attend the first 952 area code flyin, please acknowledge by sending me your name, e-mail address and phone number in a private message.

When you confirm attendance, I will send you a map on how to get here with a phone number three days before the flyin so we know what type of weather we will have on that day. Weather permitting, only Phamtom owners in the 952, 651, 612 and 763 area codes on this forum can attend. This is high ground so viewing is for miles.

Date & Time: Saturday May 3rd, 1:00 pm to 5:00 pm. If too windy or rainy, we will reschedule and keep all those who acknowledged they are attending informed.

General Rules:
1. Safety is #1 at all times.
2. NO NSA, No kids, no pets allowed and no neighbors to worry about.
3. Electrical outlets available for recharging.
4. If you want refreshments, food, chairs or table, you will need to bring your own.
5. Anyone acting careless will be asked to leave and not invited back.
6. This flyin is meant for fellow Phantom pilots to gather and have some fun. You can film the flyin for youtube if you want and ask others about tips, tricks and gadgets.
7. You can post a sign on your table for buying or selling also.
8. If you fly into another craft, vehicle or structure, you will be grounded and are responsible for any damges. 2 events demands a suspension from flying.
9. This is private property so all we ask is that you respect it. No trash or cig buts on the ground.
10. If you aren't interested in having fun, don't show up.

Any questions, you can PM me or e-mail me at MidWestRC21 at aol.com

Update: 4/28/14 Due to this week's heavy rains and cold temps, we are postponing the flyin till it warms and dries up. To those who have contacted me, I sent you a notice, check your mail. We are all dying to get outside......and do some flyin.

QJ

Born and raised here in Minnesota, currently living in Eden Prairie.

I'll be honest I'm surprised how many people are from Minnesota. I'm not sure why I'm surprised. I know that a lot of people around here like gadgets, electronics, computers, tinkering, ...

I'm about an hour north of the Metro area, just ordered my P2V+ and I'm currently tracking the delivery (it's in Ohio)! I'm super excited to get up in the air. This is my first purchase of anything like this, so I'm a total newb, but I'd be interested in going to a meetup to learn from others more experienced than myself.

DHut_PV+ said:

I'll be honest I'm surprised how many people are from Minnesota. I'm not sure why I'm surprised. I know that a lot of people around here like gadgets, electronics, computers, tinkering, ...

Grew up in EP, where abouts are you. I am in Chaska, by Town Course Golf course

PhantomState said:

Yup the Minnesota legislature is again falling behind our neighbors to the west and east. Seems many have their heads in the ground :idea: while our friends in North Dakota know how to recognize the future by grasping it and making it work for them. Whomever believes a noisy quadcopter can spy on people, zoom in on them sunbathing or peer into windows without being noticed is nieve to the bone.

I can here mine hundreds of feet away, and with lights flashing, props buzzing, it stands out. Minnesota representatives, stop wasting tax payers money by creating stupid ordinances like those idiots in St. Boni :lol: making it a misdemeanor. If you'd allow your nose to come out of the clouds and see how you can make it work for you, you could create jobs instead of exporting them to logical thinking states like North Dakota.

QJ

PhantomDave said:
DHut_PV+ said:

Grew up in EP, where abouts are you. I am in Chaska, by Town Course Golf course

I live just down the street from Bent Creek golf course right next to Edenvale park. I'll have to upload my first p2v+ video I took last night (first flight I totally was focused on flying and didn't really take any video, a few photos though), it'll look familiar if you've been to that park. So far it's the only place I've taken my new toy. I was hoping to take it down towards Shakopee or Chaska or maybe out west a bit to get a little more out of the city. Hopefully this weekends weather will be decent.

I know this isn't the classifieds, but was just wondering if anyone local (would rather sell local than deal with shipping/risk) would be interested in my P2 w/H3-2D/ravecreative/Immersion/blackpearl setup (no gopro). I'd much rather sell local to someone that I can show that it works and flys.

I'm looking to upgrade to an H3-3D with Lightbridge, so I've been contemplating parting out the FPV stuff, or just starting over and buying a new P2. I've had zero issues with it and like I said, the only reason I'm selling is to purchase a non-modified P2 so I can install a Lightbridge on it. I'm looking to get 1k for the package.

I don't want to clutter up this thread, so please PM me if you're interested. I would be glad to give you a demo to make sure everything works to your satisfaction.

-Adam

Plymouth, MN over here.

PhantomDave, would love to be added to your list, and look forward to meeting some of you at the next event.

Beside Glenshadow, are there any other new comers that are not on the list? If so, sent me your name, city and gear/quad type.

St. Paul, MN Cop Lies About City Park Flying Ordinances

I week ago, I was filming with my P2+ at a city park 5k run on Harriet Island. The promoters knew I was filming and I was operating in a very safe and professional manner. No Risky shots.

When I approached the starting line flying some 80 feet out front from any runners and 80 feet up, a female cop came over to me and politely said "you can't fly drones in city parks". "I politely said, this is not a drone. It is a radio controlled model aircraft. Drones are government or military type weaponized high altitude spy planes that are piloted by government or military personnel from thousands of miles away and often carry air to air missile's."

She said "city ordinances do not allow you to fly these here." I was very polite and asked, "what ordinance she was referring to since I had checked already and seen nothing to what she claimed." She could not even tell me what the ordinance was and instead, referred me to the event permit the promoters carried. I said, "hum... the permit applications for the city I have looked at say nothing about flying RC model aircraft." Get this. I asked the people running the event and they too were just as confused.

She still said, "you have to bring it down and then said, one of these crashed into a crowd of people once and it was in the news." Hum.... I told her "that's news to me, I had not heard that and I am a news hound." I said, "I fly very responsibly and take no risks."

Now get this. She then said, "you're one of the few then." WOW. I know dozens of DJI owners and not one takes any chances or fly's their expensive RC model aircraft in a risky or dangerous fashion. She continued by saying, "well you are one of the few but you still need to bring it down."

Moral here is. If you are flying in any parks, carry a copy of the park ordinances with you so when some phone baloney cop tries blowing smoke up your backside, you can pull out the ordinance, or event permit application rules and guidelines and ask them where it says that.

I have pasted a link to the permit application for the City of St. Paul, MN here so you could see it says nothing about flying (Drones) or RC model aircraft. It does how ever, discuss balloons in the parks and how they can harm wildlife.

2014 PARK PERMIT RULES AND REGULATIONS
http://www.stpaul.gov/DocumentCenter/View/68007

Make sure if you fly in any city limits or parks you get copies of all park rules, event permits and ordinances. If it does not mention RC model aircraft, then they are making false claims and should be held accountable for lying.

What do you all think?

QJ

in Minnesota

Re: St. Paul, MN Cop Lies About City Park Flying Ordinances

Qwadjok said:
I week ago, I was filming with my P2+ at a city park 5k run on Harriet Island. The promoters knew I was filming and I was operating in a very safe and professional manner. No Risky shots.

When I approached the starting line flying some 80 feet out front from any runners and 80 feet up, a female cop came over to me and politely said "you can't fly drones in city parks". "I politely said, this is not a drone. It is a radio controlled model aircraft. Drones are government or military type weaponized high altitude spy planes that are piloted by government or military personnel from thousands of miles away and often carry air to air missile's."

She said "city ordinances do not allow you to fly these here." I was very polite and asked, "what ordinance she was referring to since I had checked already and seen nothing to what she claimed." She could not even tell me what the ordinance was and instead, referred me to the event permit the promoters carried. I said, "hum... the permit applications for the city I have looked at say nothing about flying RC model aircraft." Get this. I asked the people running the event and they too were just as confused.

She still said, "you have to bring it down and then said, one of these crashed into a crowd of people once and it was in the news." Hum.... I told her "that's news to me, I had not heard that and I am a news hound." I said, "I fly very responsibly and take no risks."

Now get this. She then said, "you're one of the few then." WOW. I know dozens of DJI owners and not one takes any chances or fly's their expensive RC model aircraft in a risky or dangerous fashion. She continued by saying, "well you are one of the few but you still need to bring it down."

Moral here is. If you are flying in any parks, carry a copy of the park ordinances with you so when some phone baloney cop tries blowing smoke up your backside, you can pull out the ordinance, or event permit application rules and guidelines and ask them where it says that.

I have pasted a link to the permit application for the City of St. Paul, MN here so you could see it says nothing about flying (Drones) or RC model aircraft. It does how ever, discuss balloons in the parks and how they can harm wildlife.

2014 PARK PERMIT RULES AND REGULATIONS
http://www.stpaul.gov/DocumentCenter/View/68007

Make sure if you fly in any city limits or parks you get copies of all park rules, event permits and ordinances. If it does not mention RC model aircraft, then they are making false claims and should be held accountable for lying.

What do you all think?

QJ

in Minnesota

Did you bring it down? I would have said, write me a ticket and let's see how this plays out in court.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl