Minnesota - Area Code 952 - 651 - 612 Meetups & Flyins

Re: Minnesota - Area Code 952 Meetups & Flyins

thongbong said:
Griggs said:
Welcome! Seems like there about a dozen of us in the area. Did you end up stopping in a hobby warehouse? I think they just have a car headrest monitor that they will install a receiver if you want. It ends up being a pretty good deal. I opted for the black pearl for diversity, built in battery and sunshade. Cost quite a bit more though

Griggs,

How is that black pearl working for you? I've just ordered one. I have an my Immersionrc Uno5800 v2 with a 7" display at the moment, and I've read around the forums, the Uno5800 does better then the BP even though the Uno5800 isn't diversity. I'm hoping the BP will do better when I get some testing going. What kind of distance and reception are you getting with your BP? thanks!

I haven't really tested the range yet. Maybe on Friday. I don't think I have the best antenna placement though. I ordered a 90 degree elbow adaptor to point the antenna down, so we'll see. Let me know how you like it.

ninjamaster said:
video from today......crash and fail......its gonna take me a bit to learn how to steer, when it gets far away I cant tell what way its going.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGYa6F8f ... e=youtu.be

Love the rescue crew scene... If you get over to Hobby Warehouse, ask Tanner (aka DJI Guru) about his adventures at the falls. His crashed during the summer and he had to swim to get it.

Griggs said:
I haven't really tested the range yet. Maybe on Friday. I don't think I have the best antenna placement though. I ordered a 90 degree elbow adaptor to point the antenna down, so we'll see. Let me know how you like it.

Got my BP in yesterday, disappointed in the reception but the resolution is gorgeous. I've had an 800x400 monitor and the BP is noticeably more vibrant. I used my clover antennas and didnt go any further than 700m, with a lot of static. With my IRC Uno5800, I'm able to go 700m no static at all. I'm thinking about getting a different vTx altogether.

I ordered my Cannes Cinema Edition P2 setup from DSLRPro's today. Sounds like it will take about 4 weeks for them to build it, but I am sure it will be worth the wait. I look forward to getting it and meeting up with some of you guys to learn and have fun.

HIRSCH said:
I ordered my Cannes Cinema Edition P2 setup from DSLRPro's today. Sounds like it will take about 4 weeks for them to build it, but I am sure it will be worth the wait. I look forward to getting it and meeting up with some of you guys to learn and have fun.

Looks like a serious rig! I'd like to hear how you like it, keep us posted!

It will be a good time flying when the weather warms up. I have a feeling there will be a great number of UFO sightings that night.

thongbong said:
It will be a good time flying when the weather warms up. I have a feeling there will be a great number of UFO sightings that night.

Maybe one of you knows more about this than I do, but I was wondering if our controllers will interfere with each other. PhantomState was at my house yesterday and we tested our controllers against each other's birds and there was no interference however, when we have more people I'm wondering if we will run a greater risk.

Good question. Good time to know if the Rx and Tx are up to snuff.

Great morning for flying! Picked up 8 Sats in under 10 seconds and got a max of 13!!! Thought 12 was the limit at anytime til today.

Id love to but crashed again yesterday, need to get more props, i broke all of mine. Im having a hard time when the copter gets to far away, it blends in with the snow, I can tell if its coming or going, I keep running into stuff. If i had FPV would that solve my problem?

What time and where are you thinking?

FPV would definitely help you with that. You'll be able to see which way the phantom is facing which will make it much like a video game!

PhantomDave said:
Looks like a great day for flying. Whose in?

When and where? Wife has me running to iKea after work but maybe I can make a wrong turn somewhere! :lol:

thongbong said:
PhantomDave said:
Looks like a great day for flying. Whose in?

When and where? Wife has me running to iKea after work but maybe I can make a wrong turn somewhere! :lol:

I am in Chaska. I have a pretty good area to fly off my Deck. Lots of clear sky. Kinda out of you way though.

I cant make Chaska today, but thanks for the invite, ill take a rain check. Hope you can post a video from your flying today....so nice outside!!! love it!

Same here, too far out of the way, but I am surely looking forward to flying with everyone soon.

ninjamaster said:
Id love to but crashed again yesterday, need to get more props, i broke all of mine. Im having a hard time when the copter gets to far away, it blends in with the snow, I can tell if its coming or going, I keep running into stuff. If i had FPV would that solve my problem?

Take a look at "home lock". When your in GPS mode and mode the left switch to the bottom and pull back on the stick it will come home. It's a great way to bring it back. I think you have to be in NAZA M mode for it to work

Hi all,

I went to hobby warehouse and met Tanner today, he knows his stuff, got me set up. Its a cool store if you havent been in there. I had him check my software updates. He showed me the home lock feature, that would have saved me from crashing before. I bought blade protectors and more replacement blades. I was going to buy FPV but.......Tnner said MN just passed a law that its a felony to fly these quads with a video camera.....he didnt know the statue, a group of them are meeting at the capitol tomorrow. I want to read the statue, seems pretty extreme. I think laws protecting people privacy makes sense but why cant we film nature??? Anyone heard of this, or know the statue? He said Wisconsin passed the same law.

That would suck, thats the whole reason I bought the quad.

Hello fellow Phantom pilots. I'm in Fargo, fly around Detroit Lakes, and visit Eden Prairie often. I have a P2V with only a few flights. I even flew it a nine below - worked good for about 15 minuets. I then got a low battery klaxon, and auto land. I was able to go manual and bring it back, but broke a propeller guard and chip two props.
It looks like we are finally warming up, but now need to deal with mud for quite awhile. I have had several uneventful flights when I visited Arizona with it. Good to have a regional forum. Best - John

ninjamaster said:
Hi all,

I went to hobby warehouse and met Tanner today, he knows his stuff, got me set up. Its a cool store if you havent been in there. I had him check my software updates. He showed me the home lock feature, that would have saved me from crashing before. I bought blade protectors and more replacement blades. I was going to buy FPV but.......Tnner said MN just passed a law that its a felony to fly these quads with a video camera.....he didnt know the statue, a group of them are meeting at the capitol tomorrow. I want to read the statue, seems pretty extreme. I think laws protecting people privacy makes sense but why cant we film nature??? Anyone heard of this, or know the statue? He said Wisconsin passed the same law.

That would suck, thats the whole reason I bought the quad.
That's interesting about the "law" that was passed. I was thinking about picking up the Lightbridge setup but this may prevent me from doing so. I'll have to do some research about this.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jakob08z