Minnesota - Area Code 952 - 651 - 612 Meetups & Flyins

Re: Minnesota - Area Code 952 Meetups & Flyins

dsloan said:
http://m.youtube.com/watch?sns=fb&v=cnneewD_qeU

I don't know if I posted this tube video right but here is my first shot at it.

Very nice first video. I can't wait for my P2V gimbal. All new videos coming after that.

dsloan said:

Nice video...

PhantomDave said:
dsloan said:

Very nice first video. I can't wait for my P2V gimbal. All new videos coming after that.

Whens the ETA? Anxious to see what that thing can do! Hopefully you get it before the temp goes back down to -13 this week.

thongbong said:
PhantomDave said:
dsloan said:

Whens the ETA? Anxious to see what that thing can do! Hopefully you get it before the temp goes back down to -13 this week.

I am guessing mid to end of March.

too cold to fly outside today so I tried indoors......bad idea.....ran in to the wall, scraped it and broke a blade, I reached my hand in to pull the copter away and cut my thumb on a blade.......every attempt to fly in the house it ended in a fail. :lol: :lol: :lol:

It's not too cold to fly, I've been flying in single digits, no problems yet

its to cold for my personal taste, not the equipment, subzero windchill's with upper teen winds.....no thanks

ninjamaster said:
too cold to fly outside today so I tried indoors......bad idea.....ran in to the wall, scraped it and broke a blade, I reached my hand in to pull the copter away and cut my thumb on a blade.......On all attempts to fly in the house it ended in a fail. :lol: :lol: :lol:

What?!!! That sounds terrible. Hope your hand's not too bad.

PhantomDave said:
PhantomDave said:
why doesn't everyone private message me with your first name, city and what kind of gear you have and I will compile a list and private messages back to everyone.

Still wating on the following people:

HIRSCH
Qwadjok
btothemalm
PSBSAT
ninjamaster

Still waiting on a few people. There are a few people that have expressed interest, but you haven't been on the thread since, so I did not include you. If you are still out there let me know. (if you don't want to be on the list, just let me know)

I sent out the list. Still missing a few people. You know who you are. Send me your info and I will update the list. Thanks

PhantomDave said:
I sent out the list. Still missing a few people. You know who you are. Send me your info and I will update the list. Thanks
Thanks, Dave.

Hey guys, new local member here! I'm in S. Minneapolis and have a few years background in 3D heli although I didn't find them all that much fun - more into the aerial photography that the quads can really offer well.

Just picked up P1 and threw an SD-10 and GP H3+ on it, no flights with the camera as of yet but I may go over by Nokomis today for some time with it near the lake. Let's see if it gets above 3F. ;)

Probably pick up a V2 (non-Vision), maybe DSLRPros mod to add to the fleet relatively soon. Looking forward to some group meetups soon! And thanks for the recommendation on MyHobbyWarehouse - they're about 4 miles due south of where I live, going to head over there tomorrow and check out the selection! Good to support some local shops carrying quads. Do they have any FPV there? I'd like to get my hands on some of the newer displays to see the quality.

How many people are roughly in the Minneapolis area now?

Looking forward to flying with you guys soon!

Welcome! Seems like there about a dozen of us in the area. Did you end up stopping in a hobby warehouse? I think they just have a car headrest monitor that they will install a receiver if you want. It ends up being a pretty good deal. I opted for the black pearl for diversity, built in battery and sunshade. Cost quite a bit more though

Griggs said:
Welcome! Seems like there about a dozen of us in the area. Did you end up stopping in a hobby warehouse? I think they just have a car headrest monitor that they will install a receiver if you want. It ends up being a pretty good deal. I opted for the black pearl for diversity, built in battery and sunshade. Cost quite a bit more though

Griggs,

How is that black pearl working for you? I've just ordered one. I have an my Immersionrc Uno5800 v2 with a 7" display at the moment, and I've read around the forums, the Uno5800 does better then the BP even though the Uno5800 isn't diversity. I'm hoping the BP will do better when I get some testing going. What kind of distance and reception are you getting with your BP? thanks!

ninjamaster said:
video from today......crash and fail......its gonna take me a bit to learn how to steer, when it gets far away I cant tell what way its going.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGYa6F8f ... e=youtu.be

That's awesome. I love how you sped up the rescue crews approach. I was hear the theme from Benny Hill in my head. Good to hear it survived with minimal damage.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj