Minnesota - Area Code 952 - 651 - 612 Meetups & Flyins

Re: Minnesota - Area Code 952 Meetups & Flyins

ninjamaster said:
got my new hero3 in the mail today...no SD card...ooopps, going to get one at best buy, Ill grab the 64.

What setting do you guys recommend for recording?

1080 /30 /medium is good place to start

riverfox said:
I have not yet purchased a phantom and have no prior experience with them but would like to meet with a Phantom pilot to ask questions and see one in flight. Is there anyone in or near the St.Paul area that I could meet with and bounce some question off?
Thanks, Kurt

Email at [email protected]

They have one at Hub Hobby in Richfield. Otherwise if you private message your phone number I could call you

PhantomDave said:
why doesn't everyone private message me with your first name, city and what kind of gear you have and I will compile a list and private messages back to everyone.

Still wating on the following people:

HIRSCH
Qwadjok
ludedude
btothemalm
PSBSAT
ninjamaster

EMCSQUAR said:
ninjamaster said:
got my new hero3 in the mail today...no SD card...ooopps, going to get one at best buy, Ill grab the 64.

1080 /30 /medium is good place to start

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sorry for double post. You are better off with 1080/60 for smooth video.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ninjamaster said:

I found this link to be very helpful. http://abekislevitz.com/understanding-your-new-gopro/

I agree that 1080p @ 60fps is a good place to start. Although the author of this article notes that in lower light, 1080p @ 30fps will be better.

The technical reason is the camera will use a slower shutter speed and thus allow more light to hit the camera sensor. Since it has more light it will not need to boost sensitivity so much which degrades the image quality.

ninjamaster said:

Make sure you don't get the SanDisk 64gb card. Lots of issues with those cards and the GoPro's. I recently lost half a days footage due to the card crapping out.

PhantomDave said:
riverfox said:
I have not yet purchased a phantom and have no prior experience with them but would like to meet with a Phantom pilot to ask questions and see one in flight. Is there anyone in or near the St.Paul area that I could meet with and bounce some question off?
Thanks, Kurt

Email at [email protected]

They have one at Hub Hobby in Richfield. Otherwise if you private message your phone number I could call you
Hobby Warehouse in Richfield has a LOT of DJI equipment in stock. I recently stopped by there from a member's recommendation and was impressed, especially since they stock propellers. The guys there know what they're talking about.

PhantomDave...

I'm a newbie. Just got a PV2 this week. Haven't flown it yet and want to learn. I live near you and work in St. Paul. Let's chat...

Looking forward to flying with everyone. Maybe we can all do some synchronized flying of some sort :lol:

thongbong said:
Looking forward to flying with everyone. Maybe we can all do some synchronized flying of some sort :lol:

New Olympic Event :D :D

PhantomDave said:
thongbong said:

New Olympic Event :D :D

Lol image all the hits we would get on YouTube.

PhantomDave...

I'd like to send a PM but the site doesn't let me...it says, "We are sorry, but you are not authorised to use this feature. You may have just registered here and may need to participate more to be able to use this feature."

I'm guessing that I'll be able to PM in the future?

I live across the RR tracks from you. So really close.

PhantomState said:
PhantomDave...

I'd like to send a PM but the site doesn't let me...it says, "We are sorry, but you are not authorised to use this feature. You may have just registered here and may need to participate more to be able to use this feature."

I'm guessing that I'll be able to PM in the future?

I live across the RR tracks from you. So really close.

PM'd you my phone number. Can you see it?

I just thought I'd give a shout out to Hobby Warehouse as EMCSQUAR mentioned. They are in Richfield and they stock DJI stuff. Ask for Tanner, he was really helpful and knows his stuff! Here's their website http://www.myhobbywarehouse.com/

dsloan said:
http://m.youtube.com/watch?sns=fb&v=cnneewD_qeU

I don't know if I posted this tube video right but here is my first shot at it.

Very nice! There seems to be a little horizontal drift in your gimbal though. Is it the zenmuse?

I noticed that also. Is there a way to fix it? Maybe gimbal is bent?

dsloan said:
I noticed that also. Is there a way to fix it? Maybe gimbal is bent?
Have you tried updating firmware? It wouldn't be a bent gimbal. It would still even out. Maybe try advance calibration to the gyro/compass.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl