Mini-HowTo-DJI Phantom 3 HDMI Upgrade Board

Does / will you get OSD info?
Will it be the same OSD as the pilot app?
Will you still need to connect a phone/tablet to "record" the flight data?

You will get miniOSD type display, same as the inspire.

Reactions: Ground Chuck
Any news on the upgrade board? This is an upgrade I'm seriously looking forward too! [emoji4]

I definitely want to get in on this as well! Is the hdmi video quality any better than using the USB? Or does it just provide more options?

At least we don't have to wait for an app update, the Inspire and the P3 use the same application. If you go into camera mode while you are not connected to the remote you can see the extra options because the application defaults to Inspire mode.

I really like that you can turn off the hud overlay for the HDMI out, so you can hand goggles to someone to enjoy the video while you still have all of your control functionality on the tablet.

EDIT - Oops - you can only see the inspire options in the DJI Pilot application when it is first installed before you connect to the P3.

Last edited:
The picture that come before the final is not available. Can you plz re-upload it.
Cheers

Silly question but what will this bring to the Phantom in terms of functionality. Is it simply for the HDMI port? What will b different with the HDMI port?

Silly question but what will this bring to the Phantom in terms of functionality. Is it simply for the HDMI port? What will b different with the HDMI port?

You can wheel your 65" TV and lazy boy recliner to the park and fly in comfort...duh

Reactions: acherman
My guess is $150. And just like the batteries they will sell them as fast as they can produce them.
Ha, Look what was posted by Tahoe Ed the day after I predicted $150. :)

The price of the board has been announced $150. It is not an adaptor board. It is a replacement board with a HDMI encoder. When done the back looks exactly like the Inspire Tx

I have just got a new tv for the front room so the old 50" can go in the boot of the car. LOL I will need to sit on the tailgate a bit scew wiff tho to try and keep the controller facing towards the craft but im going to give it go. Why not, maybe for shorter flights it will work ok and i wont have any glare problems.

Reactions: acherman

The price of the board has been announced $150. It is not an adaptor board. It is a replacement board with a HDMI encoder. When done the back looks exactly like the Inspire Tx

Have you got a link to share? I have $150 burning a hole in my pocket!

Do you have a link?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20