Mini-HowTo-DJI Phantom 3 HDMI Upgrade Board

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

;)

I use goggles about 20% of the time.. What type of review do you want, it gives you hdmi output?;)

If you guys really want to know specifics, just ask. I might be downplaying it since I have always had hdmi via the inspire TX.

The basic are:
Can run dual ouput, 1 usb device and 1 hdmi.
The OSD is identical to the inspire, It can be enabled or disabled.
HDMI provides the best latency but less information. The only camera icon you have is a record light. But you are still able to control all function via the transmitter.

Let me know if what else you would like to know.. I'm pretty sure you saw my install how to?
Blade Strike, can you tell me if there is a setting somewhere in the DJI app that needs to be turned on to get my HDMI upgrade board working? I have a P3P, and installed the upgrade board, but the HDMI out isn't working. I've tried plugging in my cinemizer's, as well as my TV and I just have a black screen with no input coming through. Any thoughts? Also, I'm running the latest firmware and software. Possibly it's something to do with the new DJI GO app but I don't know. Any thoughts anyone has would be greatly appreciated.

Blade Strike, can you tell me if there is a setting somewhere in the DJI app that needs to be turned on to get my HDMI upgrade board working? I have a P3P, and installed the upgrade board, but the HDMI out isn't working. I've tried plugging in my cinemizer's, as well as my TV and I just have a black screen with no input coming through. Any thoughts? Also, I'm running the latest firmware and software. Possibly it's something to do with the new DJI GO app but I don't know. Any thoughts anyone has would be greatly appreciated.

There are settings in the DJI GO app to turn the HDMI on or off. Search around a bit.

Nuts - make sure you push the mini hdmi connector into the module firmly. I had no feed at first, but it worked after a fiddle.

Nick - can you expand on the teaser of where to find hdmi controls in the app please?

Nuts. I've got mine up and running now, after an experience like yours.

To make sure I reconnected the three ribbon connectors in the module, and made sure the HDMI connector was connected firmly.

Fire up the quad and rc and go to the HD menu in DJI GO. There are some options there that control what is shown via HDMI and on the rc display. Good luck!

Just received my Phantom 3 HDMI upgrade board. I thought I would do a quick post to show how simple this upgrade is as long as you take it slow.

First the board and cover
View attachment 20378

View attachment 20379

To get started remove the rear port cover plate, 4 1.5mm hex screws
View attachment 20380

Now the part that people should pay attention to. If you haven't worked with these type of ribbon connector before please take your time. On the opposite side of the ribbon is a little black tap. Use either a tip of razor blade or a VERY small flat head screw driver to flip these up, to the unlocked position. There are 3 tabs to unlock
View attachment 20381

Make sure all tabs are flipped completely up to the unlocked position
View attachment 20382

Disconnect the 3 ribbon cables and remove the 3 screw, the board will now be completely removed.
View attachment 20384

Install the new board but connect the large ribbon cable first, this will make thing much easier
View attachment 20385

Connect the last 2 ribbon cables and secure the board with the 3 star screws. Make sure you lock the ribbon connectors securely . They will lay completely flat.
View attachment 20386

Last step is to install the port cover plate. Line up the connectors and apply a light amount of pressure to see if it seats correctly. Don't not force it!!! Use the 4 1.5mm hex screws to secure the cover.
showatt.php

All done:cool: Please feel free to post any questions about the install. I would rather have people ask than damage something. But its a super easy install so you all should be fine;)
a7907452-198-20150526_170642.jpg
So where does one get a mini hdmi cable to lightening cable?

This shows that Apple make such a beast, but I think it is only for output to A HDMI screen. Maybe there is a trick for input as well?

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1440508844.169817.jpg

Does anyone happen to know if this HDMI Board would also work as a direct replacement for the Inspire 1? It certainly looks identical, but want toake sure before I buy it, if anyone knows.

In adding antenna mod to my I1 remote, I consequently lifted tab that holds ribbon cable a bit harder than I should have, and pulled it halfway of the board. I couldn't find this board as a Inspire part, but again, looks identical in the pictures. Anyone?

Does anyone happen to know if this HDMI Board would also work as a direct replacement for the Inspire 1? It certainly looks identical, but want toake sure before I buy it, if anyone knows.

In adding antenna mod to my I1 remote, I consequently lifted tab that holds ribbon cable a bit harder than I should have, and pulled it halfway of the board. I couldn't find this board as a Inspire part, but again, looks identical in the pictures. Anyone?

Got my answer. Per DJI support, it's an exact replacement. Thanks anyway.

So where does one get a mini hdmi cable to lightening cable?
The whole point of the HDMI board is to get the direct video feed from the transmitter, even if the iPad or DJI GO crash. This is not for connecting to the iPad, but to supplement the iPad FPV. You need an external FPV device like Headplay which accepts an HDMI input to use the HDMI out from the transmitter.

Just received my Phantom 3 HDMI upgrade board. I thought I would do a quick post to show how simple this upgrade is as long as you take it slow.

First the board and cover
View attachment 20378

View attachment 20379

To get started remove the rear port cover plate, 4 1.5mm hex screws
View attachment 20380

Now the part that people should pay attention to. If you haven't worked with these type of ribbon connector before please take your time. On the opposite side of the ribbon is a little black tap. Use either a tip of razor blade or a VERY small flat head screw driver to flip these up, to the unlocked position. There are 3 tabs to unlock
View attachment 20381

Make sure all tabs are flipped completely up to the unlocked position
View attachment 20382

Disconnect the 3 ribbon cables and remove the 3 screw, the board will now be completely removed.
View attachment 20384

Install the new board but connect the large ribbon cable first, this will make thing much easier
View attachment 20385

Connect the last 2 ribbon cables and secure the board with the 3 star screws. Make sure you lock the ribbon connectors securely . They will lay completely flat.
View attachment 20386

Last step is to install the port cover plate. Line up the connectors and apply a light amount of pressure to see if it seats correctly. Don't not force it!!! Use the 4 1.5mm hex screws to secure the cover.
showatt.php

All done:cool: Please feel free to post any questions about the install. I would rather have people ask than damage something. But its a super easy install so you all should be fine;)
a7907452-198-20150526_170642.jpg
Why do I need to spend $99 for this board if I have a mini HDMI to reg HDMI cable? Won't it just work with the cable?

The HDMI module works great, I have a 12" monitor on a tripod connected, I'll bring it with me for spectators so they're not looking over my shoulder.

I have fitted one. You have to remember to turn on the external HDMI in the app - [I usually use DJI ultimate from Ken Argo]. Interestingly, the hdmi out keeps going, even if the app falls over [as dronevr+ has done several times to me]. It makes me think that it would be a much better way to feed goggles for FPV, because most of the relative info is there in the feed.

Thanks, Blade, it will be so cool to hook up the 55" LCD on the Patio to the HDMI and have simultaneous output to it and the iPad. I see flying parties in the future. (note to self, need longer HDMI cable)
Even without it, cant the p3 pro and adv live stream to FB or youtube? put it on another screen that way? I only have the p3 standard so I cannot stream which is why I don't know the answer.

Even without it, cant the p3 pro and adv live stream to FB or youtube? put it on another screen that way? I only have the p3 standard so I cannot stream which is why I don't know the answer.
Responding to a year old dead thread without knowing an answer for your first post is not very productive...:cool:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31