Mini-HowTo-DJI Phantom 3 HDMI Upgrade Board

Seems like anyone could mirror an Android screen to a big screen tv using Chromecast. Granted the latency wouldn't be as good as using an HDMI port, but for entertainment purposes for a group of people it might be interesting.

The HDMI is a mini port. Cinemizers work. I sent them back as they are discontinued. I found a pair of nebulizer glasses off of eBay that will work until something better comes along. Anything with HDMI input will work

I think something better just came out. HEADPLAY HD for $250. The reports say these are an incredible goggle, super clear and wide 72° field of view. They are big though but light. I'm buying a pair soon.

Happy to see they dropped the price.. $150 was just a little too much.

Reactions: cmyk22
How much flying have you done with the new board -- give us a short review.:):) Thanks!

I use goggles about 20% of the time.. What type of review do you want, it gives you hdmi output?;)

If you guys really want to know specifics, just ask. I might be downplaying it since I have always had hdmi via the inspire TX.

The basic are:
Can run dual ouput, 1 usb device and 1 hdmi.
The OSD is identical to the inspire, It can be enabled or disabled.
HDMI provides the best latency but less information. The only camera icon you have is a record light. But you are still able to control all function via the transmitter.

Let me know if what else you would like to know.. I'm pretty sure you saw my install how to?

I use goggles about 20% of the time.. What type of review do you want, it gives you hdmi output?;)

If you guys really want to know specifics, just ask. I might be downplaying it since I have always had hdmi via the inspire TX.

The basic are:
Can run dual ouput, 1 usb device and 1 hdmi.
The OSD is identical to the inspire, It can be enabled or disabled.
HDMI provides the best latency but less information. The only camera icon you have is a record light. But you are still able to control all function via the transmitter.

Let me know if what else you would like to know.. I'm pretty sure you saw my install how to?
I did see the install how too-- that is very clear.

What goggles are you using? Which one do you recommend for the best image quality? Have you ever plugged it into a TV ground station for monitoring?
I have built a tripod mounted TV which is great for viewing and setting up shots-- and also keeping an eye on the Phantom at the same time. It was built for the QAV 500-- be great if I could use it with the Phantom also.

Thanks for sharing! :):)

I did see the install how too-- that is very clear.

What goggles are you using? Which one do you recommend for the best image quality? Have you ever plugged it into a TV ground station for monitoring?
I have built a tripod mounted TV which is great for viewing and setting up shots-- and also keeping an eye on the Phantom at the same time. It was built for the QAV 500-- be great if I could use it with the Phantom also.

Thanks for sharing! :):)

I use cinmizers, there outstanding! I have used a monitor as well. The only problem with the monitor is the need for sun shade just like a tablet. If using a monitor you should select a low latency gaming monitor. I have a 27" 4ms..

I have heard the Headplays have an outstanding picture and fov for the price but you sure will look like a geek.:)

Reactions: bobmyers
I use cinmizers, there outstanding! I have used a monitor as well. The only problem with the monitor is the need for sun shade just like a tablet. If using a monitor you should select a low latency gaming monitor. I have a 27" 4ms..

I have heard the Headplays have an outstanding picture and fov for the price but you sure will look like a geek.:)
Thanks!! for the input!! waiting impatiently for the breakout board:D:D

I am looking at just plugging this in to record the entire flight with data overlay, just in case, self contained and one click HD recording, has pass-through for Tv also Mic plug for inflight commentary.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00KO1XFZW...UTF8&colid=G5F9B9983RU7&coliid=I2T4JE3BH5K2K0
They have others cheaper, this is the best one available but there is another for $125 that records to SD card with a lot of the same basic features. If your interested just search 'game recorder' on ebay.
Ouch! Too much $. You can get a HDMI to VGA/composite converter and use any mini-recorder. I have the Lumenier DX600 DVR I hope to use this way. Got that DVR to record from the 5.8 gHz receiver with the P2 and hope to re-purpose it. Just need to figure out how to power the HDMI/composite converter I have. :)

Ouch! Too much $. You can get a HDMI to VGA/composite converter and use any mini-recorder. I have the Lumenier DX600 DVR I hope to use this way. Got that DVR to record from the 5.8 gHz receiver with the P2 and hope to re-purpose it. Just need to figure out how to power the HDMI/composite converter I have. :)

Imho why would you want to record a digital signal after converting it to analog?

The ninja devices are great. If their too much money then look for gaming hdmi dvr. Their about $75 from eBay or Amazon.

Great news.. I have to get this board when it goes on amazon...
I have a Fatshark DomHD just waiting for this!!!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31