Mine is on it's way! Quick question

Reaction score
So, just today I finally pulled the trigger and purchased at P2V+ V 3.0 kit.

Comes with the Phantom, extra battery, extra props, and a pretty sweet case. Paid $1399. Decent deal I think.

Anyway - quick question. Have any of you participated in the DJI Pilot Training Program? I read other places that it really isn't worth it and it's basically just a longer sales pitch on their different models.

I am signed up for one this weekend, but I don't want to waste my time if it's not worth it since the training is about 3 hrs away.

Thanks, and looking forward to getting to know you all a bit better in the near future.

skyexposure said:
So, just today I finally pulled the trigger and purchased at P2V+ V 3.0 kit.

Comes with the Phantom, extra battery, extra props, and a pretty sweet case. Paid $1399. Decent deal I think.

Anyway - quick question. Have any of you participated in the DJI Pilot Training Program? I read other places that it really isn't worth it and it's basically just a longer sales pitch on their different models.

I am signed up for one this weekend, but I don't want to waste my time if it's not worth it since the training is about 3 hrs away.

Thanks, and looking forward to getting to know you all a bit better in the near future.

Welcome to the the vPlus forum. I was hoping to see you say you were going to pop the top and make sure your quad had the most recent parts. There is probably 4-6 videos you could watch from youtube, and then add all that you learned from reading through the manual, and then....what you will take in from actually flying your quad will supersede a training program.

Last edited:
Thank you. I have watched about 3-4 hours of video so far, and read a bunch. I will certainly read the guides here and suggested as well. I don't think I will head down there for their "training program".

Yep -- I wouldn't bother with that if I were you. You'll learn more here.

flyNfrank said:
Welcome to the the vPlus forum. I was hoping to see you say you were going to pop the top and make sure your quad had the most recent parts. There is probably 4-6 videos you could watch from youtube, and then add all that you learned from reading through the manual, and then....what you will take in from actually flying your quad will supersede a training program.

Do you really think it is necessary to pop it open and check? I would rather not, but from what I read about some of the V 3.0 issues, I might. Then again, I read on here where someone else got theirs from B&H a couple weeks ago and everything seemed to be updated.

skyexposure said:
flyNfrank said:

Do you really think it is necessary to pop it open and check? I would rather not, but from what I read about some of the V 3.0 issues, I might. Then again, I read on here where someone else got theirs from B&H a couple weeks ago and everything seemed to be updated.

Yeah I think B&H has sold out of the pre-holiday stock of questionable P2V+'s. I got the replacement for my fly away about 2 weeks ago, and while installing a Flytrex noticed the guts were all updated.

skyexposure said:
flyNfrank said:

Absolutely. It doesn't matter where it's coming from. You 1st mostly want to know that the ESC's have a v2.1 on each white label. Next you will want to just do a visual check to see that you have the vented wifi module with numerous holes in it's cover. See attached Image below.
Next because there has not been any known fix for the GPS Connection Issue, you should do the quick 1 minute mod found in this link: viewtopic.php?f=27&t=30912&hilit=GPS+Connection+Issue
That's it for under the top cover for now, unless you are ready to mount a GPS Tracker or the Flytrex Live 3G.

There is no reason to delay opening the top cover. Some find they remove the cover 10 -15 times in the 1st two months. But removing the cover the 1st time for the reason it needs to be done is very important. I don't know how many times I have seen someone say they will wait and remove the cover if they have a problem, and the very next day post on here how their quad is now totally trashed.

Btw, one small tip on installing the top cover again. Before you tighten and screws again, be sure to install the battery 1st. This will help with allowing the battery to be continue being easy to slide in & out. That's it, your done....

a7353866-4-P2V-5.jpg

Ok - will do before flight. I am sure I can get the appropriate screwdrivers at my local Ace, Lowes or Home Depot, right?

Tip...Take the small screws at the end of the arms out first with appropriate size phillips driver #1 to avoid routing out the screw head.

skyexposure said:
Ok - will do before flight. I am sure I can get the appropriate screwdrivers at my local Ace, Lowes or Home Depot, right?

You will get a green handle screw driver with your quad unless they changed to not including one.

2mm alen wench.

davisual said:
Tip...Take the small screws at the end of the arms out first with appropriate size phillips driver #1 to avoid routing out the screw head.
. That is a good tip. I stripped one of those screws during my shielding the gps mod this weekend. It is a tiny delicate screw. I have a replacement set on order. Looking for a nice set of hex drivers.

gcbuss said:
davisual said:
. That is a good tip. I stripped one of those screws during my shielding the gps mod this weekend. It is a tiny delicate screw. I have a replacement set on order. Looking for a nice set of hex drivers.

Even with a perfectly matched screwdriver you are going to strip out those screws. They need replaced with allen screws.

Have u replaced those with Allen screws? If so where did you get them from. I have ordered the replacement screw pack but I would guess it will have the same crappy little Phillips head.

Thanks for the input guys. You've been helpful.

I also just ordered a cheap Hubsan from Adorama with some leftover credit I had sitting there.

I figure I can practice some indoors until NJ warms up a bit.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl