Micro usb to micro

Reaction score
I just got a phanton 3 standard and curious as to how i supposed to communicate from mobile device to RC with just a usb and micro usb cable? Did DJi seriously not put a micro to micro usb in the box???
What the heck is one supposed to do???
Thanks

Sent from my SM-N920P using PhantomPilots mobile app

Not sure on the p-3 but with my p-4 there was 2 USB to micro.
One male one female on the USB side. So you can put them together to make micro to micro cable. For updates to firmware.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

You use the small USB cable for charging your remote, I just plug it in to my laptop to charge.

You use the small USB cable for charging your remote, I just plug it in to my laptop to charge.
Im referring to hooking up my mobile phone to the RC.. they are both micro USB plugs<< Some say to use wireless but Im not able to connect that way as it says weak RC signal???

I just got a phanton 3 standard and curious as to how i supposed to communicate from mobile device to RC with just a usb and micro usb cable? Did DJi seriously not put a micro to micro usb in the box???
Thanks

IA m in the same
Thanks

I am in the same predicament. The DJI android app clearly states to connect your phone to the RC via a USB cable. Each one has the micro USB female port. What is going on? Like Robert, there was no micro usb to micro usb cable in the box.

Phantom 3 standard uses wifi, that cable it came with is for charging the remote. Turn remote on, then turn phantom on. Phantom should come up in wifi settings in your phone ..connect to phantom.

Im referring to hooking up my mobile phone to the RC.. they are both micro USB plugs<< Some say to use wireless but Im not able to connect that way as it says weak RC signal???
I am in the same predicament. The DJI android app clearly states to connect your phone to the RC via a USB cable. Each one has the micro USB female port. What is going on? Like Robert, there was no micro usb to micro usb cable in the box.
The Standard does not use a cable to connect to the viewing device.
It uses wifi.

In case you have not found the manual for your drone.
Here it is:https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/pha...antom_3_Standard_User_Manual_v1.4_en_0112.pdf

IA m in the same

Sorry community. Just figured it out over Wi-Fi. I was reading the set up for something other than the P3. Isn't my face red.

The P3 Standard remote generates its own wifi ssid and network.
Does not connect by usb.

Install the DJIGO app, turn on the remote, connect to the SSID the remote generates, turn on the phantom, open DJIGO app.

Cheers

Sent from my Y635-L21 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: microraptor
robert appell, the Quick Start Guide that came in your Phantom box explains how to connect the remote controller.

Phantom 3 standard uses wifi, that cable it came with is for charging the remote. Turn remote on, then turn phantom on. Phantom should come up in wifi settings in your phone ..connect to phantom.
Got it but directions and tutorial said differently.
I think i got it
Ty

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thedrinklabsus