The Skies will be FULL of DJI Drones Soon

At Henry's yesterday, looking for a upgrade monitor holder, Lady asked if I knew drones, Couldn't decide between the P3S or the P3A, told her the A for all the, well, you know why. She thanked me & bought a P3A with 2 extra batteries, case, a Henry's package deal.
Kid with her, maybe 14-15 yrs. old says- Oh, Mom, this is the best Christmas present I ever got!!
Wanted to go out to parking lot & fly right then & there, but, Mom put her foot down, Not till Christmas day son!
I will just follow them on Christmas day, probably get it quite cheap, that is, if he doesn't loose it!

Reactions: microraptor
Well I'm a new drone owner. Didn't get it for Christmas tho.

My first was a $199 one from BB&B. Good trainer.

Now it's the P4.

Here's my question for your list "the remote won't charge".

I don't need an answer I've sent it back for a return. Just posting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And so it begins...
e1f87d279b55509235bebe8d6d6c5534.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I do hope the skies will be full of DJI drones. Why? Would you want a sky full of Karma drones that does random dives? At this point in time, DJI is probably the most reliable drone in the skies. We think its problematic on this forum only because majority of users only come here to complain or seek help.

Dji have done their best to keep it safe and its in their best interest that they do so. We just hope its enough for this holiday season.

To all new pilots: Please read and youtube as much as you can. Please dont be cocky and exceed your abilities. Learn to fly for another day.

I feel like if I fly mine on Christmas or Christmas eve people will judge me and think I'm a noob and that I got it for Christmas lol.
Ha! I said the same thing to my wife today. She got a bunch of wished for accessories for me (HDMI module, inspire mount, multi charger) for xmas, and asked if I was going to try them to which my response was "You know if I take it out front everyone's just going to think I just got it for xmas"

Ha! I said the same thing to my wife today. She got a bunch of wished for accessories for me (HDMI module, inspire mount, multi charger) for xmas, and asked if I was going to try them to which my response was "You know if I take it out front everyone's just going to think I just got it for xmas"

Too funny. I went out and flew mine yesterday even though it wasn't a xmas present. All the time I was thinking that folks would say "look at the guy trying his new present". Oh well, let them think what they want.

Well folks, I'm one of the Christmas noobs you all are so respectfully writing about. Gee, 24 whole hours now, and the P3S is still in one piece. I even managed to get the thing out of the box. Wow! Am I the first to do that? What prize do I win? (sarcasm off)
I'm looking forward to a lot of fun flying the Phantom. Its my first "big" drone, and first drone with a camera. I'm also glad that I found this forum, where I can learn a bunch, and read many, many threads about how far people can get their drones to fly away from them before they loose them. Apologies.. I don't yet understand this obsession with distance.

Reactions: kandelin16
I'm not obsessed with distance either, I had my phantom out over a lake 2400ft at an altitude of 300ft. It's good enough for me.

Well to me having a flying machine I can send to explore / capture great images remotely is pretty awesome! So I kinda understand the distance obsession. But its tempered by everything I know could go wrong and my strong desire to not need to apologize to someone for doing something stupid and injuring them or worse. Sorta like my NAVY days being surrounded by cool machines that would kill you or shipmates in an instant if you were careless.

Yeah, I'm not a big fan of flying distances either. But have gotten out just under 15,000 feet on occasion with my DBS assisted P3S. It's a rush being out that far, but the 'pucker-factor' is intense. Putting a lot of faith in its return in one piece is a bit scary to me, so most of my flights are well within VLOS. It flies trouble free, and I'd really hate to lose it. [emoji12]

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Reactions: dirkclod
I think it's amazing that all most all of the posters in this thread started flying like pros right out of the box. Looking at when some "joined" it appears that many posters in this thread have recently started flying not that long ago.

Give them a chance.

Reactions: kandelin16
Not sure if I'd call all the new-comers 'Pros' (me, one of them). It is just that, as someone else mentioned earlier, we're all very impatient to get air-borne and capture that aerial video. A while back, I thought I could inspect the roof of my house with a drone ... not sure I'll ever develop the skills to do that.

Not sure if I'd call all the new-comers 'Pros' (me, one of them). It is just that, as someone else mentioned earlier, we're all very impatient to get air-borne and capture that aerial video. A while back, I thought I could inspect the roof of my house with a drone ... not sure I'll ever develop the skills to do that.

When you get the roof flying figured out, be sure to sign up at Fly For Us : BetterView and get paid for it! :)

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4