Cable

Reaction score
Need a cable from DJI white goggles to controller for my P4P v1. Just bought the goggles and it did not come with that cable. I cannot find exactly what cable I need. DJI is not very helpful with their videos on the white goggles. Found a photo showing a side connector on the cable to the goggles. I THINK it has to be HDMI micro to USB, but can't find that exact cable online. Any help would be appreciated.
PS. Works great with my Mavic Pro without a cord.

Need a cable from DJI white goggles to controller for my P4P v1. Just bought the goggles and it did not come with that cable. I cannot find exactly what cable I need. DJI is not very helpful with their videos on the white goggles. Found a photo showing a side connector on the cable to the goggles. I THINK it has to be HDMI micro to USB, but can't find that exact cable online. Any help would be appreciated.
PS. Works great with my Mavic Pro without a cord.
You need a USB cable, type C, I think - the same cable that a lot of phones and other electronic devices use for recharging. One end plugs into the back of the controller and the other end into the recharge port of your goggles. Just remember to connect the goggles after launching (with your regular screen), otherwise you'll find yourself in Beginner mode.

You can also use the HDMI port on the goggles to mirror your phone or tablet - if your phone or tablet has such a port, but the USB connection is the better option.

Last edited:
Additional input:
The original cable connects via USB from controller to the goggles via what appears to be an older Android connector before USB 'C' connector, but different. I have cables from older Android phones, but they do not fit the goggles. The input into the goggles is special; (thanks DJI), also a 90 degree connector.

Additional input:
The original cable connects via USB from controller to the goggles via what appears to be an older Android connector before USB 'C' connector, but different. I have cables from older Android phones, but they do not fit the goggles. The input into the goggles is special; (thanks DJI), also a 90 degree connector.
There's some confusion here (me, you or perhaps both of us): I used those goggles for years with my old v1, connected by USB cable. Perhaps I was incorrect with the 'type-C' recommendation, but it is a standard (not 90 degree) USB cable that most small electronic devices that recharge via USB appear to use.
How have you been recharging the goggles? It's the very same cable... but instead of plugging the other end into the power socket adaptor, you stick it into the back of the controller.

I am 100 % positive the connection is a micro mini HDMI from the goggles and USB into the controller, like the instructions say. I even tried my old Android inputs; like the ones you said you used, which are much smaller than the "C" connector, and they were too large. The micro mini is even smaller. I just can't find them online and DJI is no help. Will go to an electronic store with the goggles and hopefully find something that fits.

I am 100 % positive the connection is a micro mini HDMI from the goggles and USB into the controller, like the instructions say. I even tried my old Android inputs; like the ones you said you used, which are much smaller than the "C" connector, and they were too large. The micro mini is even smaller. I just can't find them online and DJI is no help. Will go to an electronic store with the goggles and hopefully find something that fits.
It's not that complicated: Grab the USB cable you use to recharge your goggles, plug one end into the goggles (in the same slot you use when you're recharging them), and the other end into the back of the controller. Turn them both on. That's how you connect the goggles to the v1.

Pygar70...Finally getting back to you. You are absolutely correct! I was told by 'many' that I had to have a micro mini HDMI to USB cable. Totally wrong. Don't even think they make one. To connect the goggles to another source, like a TV, I need a Micro Mini HDMI to full size HDMI in the other input on the side of the goggles. I did as you suggested, connected to the P4P controller and now I have video from the P4P drone!!! Thanks so much for your help.

Reactions: Pygar70

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl