Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Micro-USB cable specs to charge Remote and Extender

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision + Discussion' started by Doctor Brain, Jul 28, 2015.

1. Doctor Brain

Did a search and can't find any info for a replacement Micro-USB cable to charge the remote and extender. Is this a standard Micro-USB cable? I know there are different variants of these types of cables and want to make sure I get the correct one. Can someone post a link to the correct replacement cable?

Thanks

2. Ken Cruise

If I don't use the white supplied cable nothing works. Cable spec are typically listed on the cable in small print. From the DJI P3 supplied cable ---- E230810 AWM 2725 80 degrees C 30V 28AWG/1PR+28AWG/2C USB2.0 REVISION CABLE YUEYANG

3. Doctor Brain

Thanks for the info Ken. Problem is I can't find the original and I remember it was black with the P2V+ not white.

Any other input.

4. Ken Cruise

28AWG/1PR means 28AWG/1 pair(twisted pair) and 28AWG/2C means 28AWG(Power/Ground)/2 conductor. The twisted pair is used for the D+/D- signals and the 2C is used for power and ground. Much better quality cable type than most USB cables. I would say a micro-USB (Micro-B type) with at least this spec may be a good place to start if nothing else. I searched for replacement options and found nada.

5. RoyVa

The micro USB cable is a standard cable. You can use any of the USB charges that are 2.0 amps. The smaller bricks are 1.1 amp and are to light to handle the needed load. I use one that came with my tablet and I have another that came with my 2n1 laptop. If you need one Walmart even has the cable and you can find the 2 amp bricks too.

6. Ironheart

I just picked up a standard micro USB, 10' long, $8 at the local computer discount shop (Central computers). It works great for the wifi, remote, and bird.

7. Doctor Brain

Thanks for all the replies.

8. RoyVa

Glad your back on the charge so to speak.