Matrice 200 released!

After all the issues we've seen with the Mavic, P4P, and Inspire 2. I think my next large dollar donation will be to Yuneec and the H520. DJI needs to get their stuff together before trying to court more enterprise customers.

After all the issues we've seen with the Mavic, P4P, and Inspire 2. I think my next large dollar donation will be to Yuneec and the H520. DJI needs to get their stuff together before trying to court more enterprise customers.
Well considering the Yuneec Q500 is just as much as a phantom 4 and has no sensors and terrible range, I wouldn't waste my money on Yuneec.

Well considering the Yuneec Q500 is just as much as a phantom 4 and has no sensors and terrible range, I wouldn't waste my money on Yuneec.

Commercial users aren't flying out 4 miles, it's not even legal. Yuneec has something going for it that DJI doesn't and it's worth far more to business customers than OA or illegal range: solid customer service.

Riiiight. And don't forget the Karma. :D

I was referring to the (IMO) folly of going to inferior units because of 'all the (DJI) issues.' Whether we like them or not DJI is still a generation or two ahead of anyone else. I certainly wish as much as anyone else they had any real competition, but they don't.

Reactions: DronePilotOne
Reactions: AyeYo
I was thinking the same thing. There is so much competition now and Hubsan and Yuneec among others are real contenders. DJI is like Microsoft and some of these other companies. They have a product that is admittedly buggy and they squander the resources which should be used fixing existing problems, instead on a new "improved much better wonderful" (BUGGY TOO) new product.

Have you ever flown anything else? They aren't inferior if their advertised features work and DJI's don't. They aren't inferior if good customer service rectifies your issues quickly and DJI's doesn't. On paper DJI has no competition, but reality is much different.

Reactions: HawkeyeImaging
Have you ever flown anything else? They aren't inferior if their advertised features work and DJI's don't. They aren't inferior if good customer service rectifies your issues quickly and DJI's doesn't. On paper DJI has no competition, but reality is much different.
OK then, buy something else, and if enough people do it then that will constitute competition for DJI. Post back here what you bought in place of a DJI product.

QR X900 for $4,400 and includes a parachute. Four or six blade convertible too. Possibility of one hour flight time according to this site: Walkera's methanol-fuelled range extender keeps a QR X900 hexacopter in the air for more than an hour
http://newatlas.com/walkera-qr-900-hybrid-hexacopter-drone-range-extender/41190/
The M200 looks like what the M600 should have been. No doubt an Inspire 2 Pro or Inspire 2 v2 is on the way by summer. ;)
****! I wonder how it works?

Sent from my SM-N9208 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Commercial users aren't flying out 4 miles, it's not even legal. Yuneec has something going for it that DJI doesn't and it's worth far more to business customers than OA or illegal range: solid customer service.
Doesn't make the drone itself better. The camera is also worse then the same price phantom 4

Well, if you like Yuneec better there's an entire forum available for you here: Yuneec Drone Forum
They can probably give you the ups and downs of that brand much better than we can here in this Phantom 4 Pro forum...

I'm a member of the Yuneec sister site and can tell you they have a lot of issues with those units as well. True customer service is good, but that shouldn't be the selling point. I've had my P3A and it has had no manufacturer issues so I have no need for CS. Many on Yuneec's forum end up sending their units back multiple times because of issues that arise.
Don't think the grass is greener on the other side. Also, Yuneec hasn't come out with a true new drone in a year so their technology is outdated. The H520 is essentially the Typhoon H upgraded.

I'm a member of the Yuneec sister site and can tell you they have a lot of issues with those units as well. True customer service is good, but that shouldn't be the selling point. I've had my P3A and it has had no manufacturer issues so I have no need for CS. Many on Yuneec's forum end up sending their units back multiple times because of issues that arise.
Of course. Drones are probably among the most complicated and sophisticated consumer technologies available and there will always be issues with new models. Always. Deal with it. :)

I do agree that DJI needs to up its customer service game if it wants to compete in western markets and I would like to see more healthy competition. Hopefully that will arrive within the next few years.

Doesn't make the drone itself better. The camera is also worse then the same price phantom 4

It makes it better when you're a commercial user whose primary concerns are safety and reliability - not marketable features that may or may not work correctly. Just like Samsung, DJI knows how to throw the cutting edge feature ideas out there, but (just like Samsung) it isn't so good at making them functional realities. Then, just like Samsung (and, really, most cell phone manufacturers), it moves to the next product rather than fixing the functionality of the first. That won't win the business of enterprise customers.

It makes it better when you're a commercial user whose primary concerns are safety and reliability - not marketable features that may or may not work correctly. Just like Samsung, DJI knows how to throw the cutting edge feature ideas out there, but (just like Samsung) it isn't so good at making them functional realities. Then, just like Samsung (and, really, most cell phone manufacturers), it moves to the next product rather than fixing the functionality of the first. That won't win the business of enterprise customers.
Then why be on DJI forum?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl