Matrice 200 released!

Well, regardless, I am not a fan of Yuneec products, and there is absolutely 0 reason to come on here and bash DJI's products.

Of course there's reason. They're making another foray into the enterprise market. I'm part of the enterprise market. I'm throwing in my opinion on this product and their attempt to pick up further enterprise market share. Do you have a problem with that?

Reactions: Phantom NSX
Of course there's reason. They're making another foray into the enterprise market. I'm part of the enterprise market. I'm throwing in my opinion on this product and their attempt to pick up further enterprise market share. Do you have a problem with that?
If you feel like bashing DJI, don't do it it here on this post. Thanks.

It makes it better when you're a commercial user whose primary concerns are safety and reliability - not marketable features that may or may not work correctly. Just like Samsung, DJI knows how to throw the cutting edge feature ideas out there, but (just like Samsung) it isn't so good at making them functional realities. Then, just like Samsung (and, really, most cell phone manufacturers), it moves to the next product rather than fixing the functionality of the first. That won't win the business of enterprise customers.

Marketable features? What do you think RealSense in the H is if not a marketing gimmick.

After all the issues we've seen with the Mavic, P4P, and Inspire 2.
I haven't kept up with the Mavic and Inspire 2 but have the P4 pro and read several forums to keep up with it.
I'm wondering what "all the issues" are.
I haven't seen anything about the p4 pro that I would rate a negative.

Reactions: PhantomEvan
This aircraft can be a game changer and a LIFE SAVER! It was designed with Public Safety (First Responders, Law Enforcement, EMS, and Search & Rescue) input and testing over several months. It's been in development for many months by DJI Enterprise Division so it's been off the consumer radar. Anyone who knew anything about it was bound by as strict NDA until this weekend. DJI actually solicited Public Safety Professionals early on for input and evaluation and built this unit from the ground for that industry.

Pricing is going to be STEEP! Depending on what camera system you go with and which model (M200, M210, M210 RTK) you could easily have $10K and that's before adding thermal, multitude of batteries, multiple controllers etc. I think dealers will have pricing available today or very soon. I think they already have it but haven't confirmed it yet.

DJI Certified Testers will hopefully start testing these in the field soon so we should be hearing some subjective reviews SOON.

Please have one first before you throw your opinions around. It would be good to have real world consumer test results and video reviews of it that you personally did in your hands before you go bashing on manufacturers. Just sayin.

Oh and the yuneec part....lmao! Q500 over a P4...that made my week lol cracked me up! Thanks for that!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I wish DJI would get their software and firmware to work correctly first, rather than making different drones every 6 months and not addressing the issues with firmware that doesn't install, compass errors, IMU calibrations that stick or hang, HDMI that doesn't works and needs rollback to older versions, device incompatibility, reboots, landing gear that doesn't lower, altitude issues, smart battery recharge issues, etc.

They can make a product, but the software and firmware is just so buggy. Seems they just move on to a "new and improve bird" rather than address it. At least GoPro knew they had an issue and recalled the Karma I, but DJI tries for the patch-and-pray method with questionable luck, or call it an Inspire 1 to Inspire 1 V.2 or Matrice M600 to M600 Pro.

I've flown Yuneec and Blade products for years. They are very capable in fairly short distances and can be used to take quality pictures and stills. For the most part when doing Real Estate and other Architectural shoots they have more than enough range and perform fairly well.

I started our business running a Blade 350QX then a 350QX2 and upgraded to 350QX3. All three took decent still and short video for our business start-up. We needed more range than the Blade products could give and tried out the Yuneec line of quads. I liked (at first) the built-in screen and such but we still didn't get the distance we needed so we tried out DJI (very reluctantly I might add).

WOW! The DJI had much greater range (and I'm not talking we need miles), ability to download 3rd party aps, and much improved stability.

I've used Customer Service from both companies and my experience (YMMV) was they were fairly similar. Both problems required me to send the unit to an authorized repair center and both charged for the repairs.

In the end it's the old Ford vs Chevy when you're talking consumer grade sUAS and many people pick one and will defend it to the end of time simply because THEY had a positive experience. That's human nature.

Any news on price?

I heard from a DJI Partner and Enterprise equipment tester that the ballpark is 6k for the M200, 8k for the M210 and 13k for the RTK version. Then you're adding on the camera. The same guy is getting me so me test footage of the Zenmuse Z30 for my specific use as well (Really nice guy). If things pan out, I (Read: my company) will be purchasing a 200 with a z30 to test out..

Also, I have both Phantom 4s and a Typhoon H. I enjoy different things about both of them. I have flown the P4 the most and enjoy the size of it, but I enjoy the Typhoon's controls and features. I'll have to get more flight time with both of them to get a really good feel. They both take good pictures/video if you don't need zooming of course.

Please have one first before you throw your opinions around. It would be good to have real world consumer test results and video reviews of it that you personally did in your hands before you go bashing on manufacturers. Just sayin.

Oh and the yuneec part....lmao! Q500 over a P4...that made my week lol cracked me up! Thanks for that!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I don't need to own an M200 to comment on DJI's customer service and business philosophy.

I don't need to own an M200 to comment on DJI's customer service and business philosophy.
If DJI is so bad, I'm curios as to why you own DJI products. And you didn't have a defense for the fact the yuneec Q500 is extremely expensive and has nothing very good about it. It has no sensors and the camera is worse then a P3P. Also, the yuneec typhoon sucks compared to a p4. The sensors don't work half the time, they will fall out of the sky on occasion, and they have just as many problems if not more as DJI products. It doesn't help with the fact that their drones are inferior. I don't give a flying crap about their customer service. We are here for the DRONES not the customer service. Besides, most people just order from amazon or other companies and get there warranties there, so it makes no difference. Now please, don't come on this forum post and insult DJI, thanks.

If DJI is so bad, I'm curios as to why you own DJI products. And you didn't have a defense for the fact the yuneec Q500 is extremely expensive and has nothing very good about it. It has no sensors and the camera is worse then a P3P. Also, the yuneec typhoon sucks compared to a p4. The sensors don't work half the time, they will fall out of the sky on occasion, and they have just as many problems if not more as DJI products. It doesn't help with the fact that their drones are inferior. I don't give a flying crap about their customer service. We are here for the DRONES not the customer service. Besides, most people just order from amazon or other companies and get there warranties there, so it makes no difference. Now please, don't come on this forum post and insult DJI, thanks.

Because this thread isn't about the Q500 and why a consumer level Yuneec product doesn't have pointless features that you like - so that's all irrelevant. It's about the M200 and DJI's major investment in the enterprise market - so that's all that's relevant.

I have DJI products because I thought I'd give them a try. The total failure of customer service and their "come out with a new drone every six months, QC and the resolution of existing issues be damned" business strategy has guaranteed that I will never buy an enterprise level product from them - hence me posting my opinions in this thread. The M200 could be the best drone ever created, but backed (more like not backed) by DJI's terrible customer service and ever-glitchy software/firmware... it'll go no where in the long run.

Last edited:
Because this thread isn't about the Q500 and why a consumer level Yuneec product doesn't have pointless features that you like - so that's all irrelevant. It's about the M200 and DJI's major investment in the enterprise market - so that's all that's relevant.
Then why even mention Yuneec on the posts above? Also, I'd love if you'd explain why the Q500 is so expensive. Tell me, what makes them better drones, and don't give me all the stuff about customer service, thanks.

and don't give me all the stuff about customer service, thanks.

But that's exactly what makes them better. Just ask any of the scads of angry DJI owners sitting on thousands of dollars in paperweights because DJI refuses to properly address the issues with them.

Reactions: Phil56

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4