Marking your P3 for registration purposes

The last time I sent my bird in for a repair DJI sent me a different repaired unit. Will I be required to update or create a new registration every time this happens?

The last time I sent my bird in for a repair DJI sent me a different repaired unit. Will I be required to update or create a new registration every time this happens?

No, take your FAA ID off your Phantom before you send it in. Put it back on whatever you get back from DJi whether new or existing Phantom shell.

Keep in mind your FAA Registration # is linked to YOU the operator specifically. If you had 25 phantoms they would all have the same # (if we are speaking of hobby aircraft not commercially used aircraft). If you sell one (or you're sending it in for repair) just remove your Reg # (and if there is some type of specific form on the database for that aircraft just log in and update your form) and put your Reg # on the new (swapped out) aircraft and you're good to go.

With all due fairness some of the above is speculation simply because have yet to see the actual online portal to know exactly what the steps and details will ultimately be.

another good example of government, if one irresponsible person does something wrong we must punish everyone, like texting while driving, of course its irresponsible and now its against the law, see people do it all the time. RC craft is such a small community in comparison, just the amount of publicity in this shows a complete incompetence in government, in a world where every child is a winner than every idiot is the majority.

my 2 cents, what ever right, don't let them use fear to keep you from flying, almost every hobby I have has this element, Sport bikes /street bikes, Ham Radio, Guns, Rock Music. see the pattern...

I will use the FAA given registration due to prolly getting other birds or selling the current one I own.

I am however interested in looking at custom letters and numbers once I get my registration. Does anyone here cut vinyl? Thought I'd ask here before I look elsewhere.

I will use the FAA given registration due to prolly getting other birds or selling the current one I own.

I am however interested in looking at custom letters and numbers once I get my registration. Does anyone here cut vinyl? Thought I'd ask here before I look elsewhere.
I cut vinyl

I know that N Numbers aren't the same, but here's what i did with my N Number, using stickers from uavstickers.com... I split it along the seam for when I open it up...

IMG_0002.JPG

Reactions: GoodnNuff

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-12-19-00-38-34.png
    Screenshot_2015-12-19-00-38-34.png
    375.8 KB · Views: 302
Reactions: GoodnNuff
Probably not a good idea posting your N number online. There a lot of drone-hating serial killers out there.
There seem to be lots of drone hating serial killers. And tgey must be really good because mone have been caught yet. And no report of pattern of drone operates disappearing.

What gives?

There seem to be lots of drone hating serial killers. And tgey must be really good because mone have been caught yet. And no report of pattern of drone operates disappearing.

What gives?
Their sneaky ..Ya never know when one might strike :eek:

The is from the FAA site:
"Registrants will need to provide their name, home address and e-mail address. Upon completion of the registration process, the web application will generate a Certificate of Aircraft Registration/Proof of Ownership that will include a unique identification number for the UAS owner, which must be marked on the aircraft."

They will give you a ID# to use. You must use that one.
Not up to you to choose whatever you want to use.
You will need to use the FAA supplied number to comply with the regs.

I take it the "Proof of Ownership" means "Proof that I self certified that I own one or more drone" not necessarily proof that I own THIS particular drone? :D LOL

So today it was revealed by the FAA that registrants names and home addesses will be public. This to me is a game changer. Even though the AMA is asking us to wait on registering, I was planning to register on Monday since I didn't think it was a big deal. Now knowing that my info will be public suddenly makes it a big deal to me given the current climate of public drone hatred.

FAA Finally Admits Names And Home Addresses In Drone Registry Will Be Publicly Available

Last edited:
Reactions: PhilAnderson
[QUOTE="If you are in the US and you decide to comply with the registration and marking regulations, where are you planning to mark your P3?
Somewhere on the outer shell? If so, where? In the battery compartment?

Like many, I don't see what this registration is going to accomplish, but I will conform and register.

When I got my P2V+ over a year ago, I made a small label with my name, phone number and email in case I lost the thing. It is glued on top of one of the arms. I just plan on making a new label with name and phone, and add "FAA Registration Number: 000000." That should satisfy the FAA and with contact info should it be found. And if found, it might imply this is a licensed drone ... not one of those "illegal ones" they've heard about on the news, which might encourage someone to see it is returned. We can only hope!

be careful of what you wish for. A drone-hating serial killer who found your drone that landed on his property might come knocking on your door. There no need for that. If you lost your drone good chance it crashed and is broken beyond repair.

So today it was revealed by the FAA that registrants names and home addesses will be public. This to me is a game changer. Even though the AMA is asking us to wait on registering, I was planning to register on Monday since I didn't think it was a big deal. Now knowing that my info will be public suddenly makes it a big deal to me given the current climate of public drone hatred.

FAA Finally Admits Names And Home Addresses In Drone Registry Will Be Publicly Available

Why should this be allowed? Everybody should be alarmed. How would you like it if somebody can just run your car license plate and find out where you live? This is exactly the same thing. Don't register!

I use a Brother label maker on all my gear to show my name, phone number and AMA number so it will be no problem making a another label with just the FAA number instead. I'm just hoping some law enforcement types don't take it upon themselves to come over while I am flying to insist they see that my quad is correctly marked. Can you imagine the pain that would be.

I can see it now, "Routine stop here, please land your aircraft and show us your registration papers..." Any authority can be put to use beyond what it was intended to allow...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl