Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Advanced Map Location about 200m off the mark

Discussion in 'Phantom 3 Help' started by RyanHK, Dec 9, 2015.

1. RyanHK

Hey guys,
    So this is odd. I had the same problem with my Phantom 2 before an update and now having the problem with my Phantom 3 Advanced after an update when using DJI Pilot. My P3 warms up and sets a homepoint, but its about 200m East of where I am actually standing. It shows my phone at this incorrect location as well... 200m East. I went to a new location about 15KM from here and got the same error. It looks like its exactly 200m East of where I am actually standing. When I initiate RTH it will come back to me, but I am pretty uneasy with this situation. I have access to another Phantom 3 and it shows the same error. Oddly enough, when I use a different flight program (Litchi) it appears in the correct location. Any thoughts about what could be causing this? I have eliminated it being a satellite problem. I noticed only one other person who had this problem in January. He was flying a P2 and he was located in Hong Kong, as am I. I wonder if its a glitch with google maps in HK.

2. bbfpv

Does the google maps app show your location properly?

3. Contact EZDrone

Have you tried performing a compass calibration at you new location?

4. Contact EZDrone

also for the phone at least do you have location services turned on?

5. RyanHK

Yeah, I thought about these things too. My Google Maps shows the correct location of my phone outside the dji app. I was sure to turn on location services yesterday and I can see that DJI Pilot uses it (high usage warning, in fact). Did a Compass calibration before my first flight yesterday. Still shows an oddly consistent 200m east of my actual location for both my phone and bird. It's so strange because I had the EXACT same problem with my P2 on a different phone than I'm currently using. I'm just baffled. I'll to to take screen shots today of both Google Maps and DJI Pilot location today.