Man Down...

Have you thought about claiming on your home contents insurance?
I double checked with my insurance company when I bought mine and even got them to put it in writing that it's covered.

I never even thought of that but surely that would only be contemplated if the drone was stolen or damaged from/in the home?

Depends on your level of cover of course, but I've always got accidental damage cover, which covers my gadgets etc while out and about as well. I've always ensured things like my cameras and gadgets are covered in case of loss or damage, and fundamentally the drone is just a flying camera.

So it is with a heavy heart that I announce that my Phantom 3 Advanced is now at the bottom of the drink.

I was literally 30ft away on the bank of a fast flowing river flying up and down when I got an error saying motor obstructed and my pride and joy dropped disappearing under the water!
E you e
It was flowing too fast and too deep to be able to retrieve it. I checked further down stream to see if it had hopefully washed up or got caught in an eddy but it was no where to be seen.

Hardest thing I've done is walk away without it
emoji15.png

DJI Support have been notified and received my flight log, serial number and proof of purchase etc.. and I await their response.

What an awful feeling losing it - I just feel empty and stunned!

Depending on the response from DJI I may have a few items to sell including the following:

* 2x official batteries with no more than 7/8 charges each.
* White 16Gb iPad Mini 2 - White WiFi only.
* Backpack.
*32cm lightning cable.
* Controller (compatible with both Advanced and Professional versions of the Phantom 3).

I still have the original box too if anyone wants it. All items are as new and have been 100% looked after.

Open to sensible offers - UK SALES ONLY
O M G that suc a big one ,,:eek:mate i far away i give you mine,for replacement if i could,,:)acidentel cover here means just buy new one,cost more to ship,mate dont give up ,,could happen to any of us

Last edited by a moderator:
Update from DJI

I have been asked to provide the cached video footage from the Go app but as I don't use the built in editor and fly with an ageing iPad mini 2 I normally fly with this feature disabled. This obviously means the only data they have is the telemetry from the Go app.

Update #2 from DJI

The relevant team now have my flight data and are analysing it. I should know more by mid next week.

Aww mate so sorry to hear about that. If the worst happens then you should go to very.co.uk as i got mine there on the buy now pay 12 months later 0%

I haven't even paid mine off yet. Got about £500 left to pay off and i totalled my drone already lol. Right now its being sent off. But i do hope you get a good result tho

Best wishes

I double checked with my insurance company when I bought mine and even got them to put it in writing that it's covered.
Be careful putting in a claim, usually there's a deductible and they might jack up your policy. I'm paying a small fortune for mine and have never had a claim

Be careful putting in a claim, usually there's a deductible and they might jack up your policy. I'm paying a small fortune for mine and have never had a claim

I checked yesterday and I am only covered for items within my house.

Ok two updates in one.

The first was an email from DJI explaining that there was a noticeable tilt just before the motor obstructed error was triggered; meaning that it must have hit something.

Replaying the log and my memory of the flight there was a blind spot between me and a central overgrown island but I didn't notice any objects on the screen.

Anyway, after asking them to please review the log again given the above I have now received a further email advising that they (DJI) are sorry for my loss and have offered me a discount on another Phantom 3 Advanced with battery and SD-Card.

This is great news, not as good as not having to buy another Phantom, but still makes the option of flying again a reality because I wouldn't have been able to justify another £700 on the full setup.

A happy(ish) ending.

DJI support, although seemingly poor if you believe all the negative reviews, have (for me at least) provided a great service.

Reactions: RodPad
@BriG ,
Are going to keep flying?
What would this discount price be?

Rod

Been a long while (it seems) since my bird was lost. I now await my discount from DJI which is due today (at my request) before placing an order for another and I can not wait!

I have missed having my arse on the ground and my head in the clouds.

So this just happened..
7a97f3af44d20098ba5792d369e5431f.jpg

I wonder what delivery times will be like from DJI themselves? Last time I just bought it from Maplins.

Reactions: geejdee and klongx
Ok but to reiterate I'm only selling in the UK. Also gonna wait until DJI come back with a reply before I sell anything.

Hey let's not circle the carcass this early in the game, dji may come through.
BriG, I can tell that you are upset but don't sell stuff yet, keep accessories and save your pennies, sell other items and then purchase a used or refurbished P3A quad only, they are out there.
GOOD LUCK.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robvalduga