Man Down...

Reaction score
So it is with a heavy heart that I announce that my Phantom 3 Advanced is now at the bottom of the drink.

I was literally 30ft away on the bank of a fast flowing river flying up and down when I got an error saying motor obstructed and my pride and joy dropped disappearing under the water!

It was flowing too fast and too deep to be able to retrieve it. I checked further down stream to see if it had hopefully washed up or got caught in an eddy but it was no where to be seen.

Hardest thing I've done is walk away without it [emoji15]

DJI Support have been notified and received my flight log, serial number and proof of purchase etc.. and I await their response.

What an awful feeling losing it - I just feel empty and stunned!

Depending on the response from DJI I may have a few items to sell including the following:

* 2x official batteries with no more than 7/8 charges each.
* White 16Gb iPad Mini 2 - White WiFi only.
* Backpack.
*32cm lightning cable.
* Controller (compatible with both Advanced and Professional versions of the Phantom 3).

I still have the original box too if anyone wants it. All items are as new and have been 100% looked after.

Open to sensible offers - UK SALES ONLY

Last edited:
Hardest thing I've done is walk away without it [emoji15]

So sad to hear it.

Any idea why motor got obstructed? Did you fly closer to a tree branch?

I was near some trees but flying at least 5ft or so away from them - if there was a branch sticking out it would have had to have been an insanely long and invisible one.

I am hoping DJI come back with some good news after viewing the logs.

I could be interested in the 2 batteries, if the price is right.

Ok but to reiterate I'm only selling in the UK. Also gonna wait until DJI come back with a reply before I sell anything.

Sorry to hear that, I lost my standard about 10 days ago flying along a river, think I clipped a cable hanging off a ship wreck and down she went. Horrible feeling. Can't gibe it up tho' so bought a second hand one with only 4 flights on it

Ok but to reiterate I'm only selling in the UK. Also gonna wait until DJI come back with a reply before I sell anything.
Of course mate. Wait until you hear back from Dji because you never know you might get lucky, and I do hope it will go in your favour.
I'm just registering my interest if you do have to sell.
However I would need the batteries to be posted as I'm in Norfolk, England.
I'll offer £150 plus whatever postage is and i'll leave it up to you.
If you get a better offer or Dji come up trumps then no problem.

No worries and thanks for the offer - was hoping for maybe £85 each since they are so new but it's food for thought.

Now that really is bad luck. I hope you get a positive response from DJI. If, and only if DJI do not give you support, I'd be interested in the backpack, the TX and any accessories like props etc..

Now that really is bad luck. I hope you get a positive response from DJI. If, and only if DJI do not give you support, I'd be interested in the backpack, the TX and any accessories like props etc..

Of course Numone. I will let you know.

Reactions: Numone
Sorry to hear that :( will you buy another ?

I'd love to but if I'm honest I can't afford it and I can't imagine spending another £4/5 hundred on just the P3A.. that would bring my total up to over £1600..

I gave DJI another call this afternoon to see where they were at with their decision and I've been told that it will be prioritised and my query sent to the relevant investigation team.

I thought it already had been!

Anyway, fingers crossed as the person I spoke to said I should know by the end of the week.

Reactions: Neon Euc and Numone
@BriG

I followed this on Saturday, and I was thinking about it on Sunday.

I lost my P2V+ and never found it. My wife said you had some much fun. I have never seen you so happy you have to get another.
In the summer we go out at least twice month, drive somewhere together and the dog and fly it.
She rides horses, and I don't ride anything with out a kill switch.

Yes, it really sucks, when you crash or loose it, really takes a toll on you, you didn't think that could every happen.

My sappy story to you.
It is something that fly's in the air and can disappear, flying saucers are picking them up. :rolleyes:

You only visit this Planet once, if you enjoy it, that's what credit cards are for. ;)

Rod

Thanks for the reply @RodPad.

I think we all have a story and yours rings truer than you realise. I've wanted one since the original Phantom and either had other commitments or not enough money so it kept being put on the back burner but just before Christmas I actually suffered quite a large heart attack.

While not able to do anything while recovering I was thankfully still being paid so thought I'd finally treat myself.

I came from a background of R/C Helicopters so flying the Phantom came really easy - even ATTI mode seems stable in comparison haha

When it fell I was devastated! I know it's only a thing but staring at the water in disbelief afterwards and then having to walk away was crushing.

I'm still holding out hope that DJI will replace it due to the motor failing.

Reactions: RodPad

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl