Mac Software coming for the Phantom?

Reaction score
I noticed that DJI commented on their facebook page that they are working on Mac software and they would have more info "soon."

SimonB said:
****, just after I bought Parallels for the Mac ;-)

well, parallels will still come in handy for doing other PC stuff (particularly if you get a non DJI brushless gimbal)

But who knows when DJI will actually release Mac software anyhow, could e many, many months

Should have waited, I just bought Parallels. After many hours of fighting the DJI CONTROLLER being used by someone else error message, I gave up and gave in.

DJI has been promising Mac software for quite some time. If the date on that Facebook post is recent my guess is that they are just recycling the promise. I use VMware Fusion on a 2007 Macbook and haven't had a problem using NAZA Assistant.

When they complete Mac software, I will finally purchase then. hope it's soon

Mac would be really nice as I have a few of them and they are the dominant machine in my home. However Linux is king in my house. I don't suppose it will run under WINE? To turn on IOC I had to use my work laptop. Even better would be a Java applet or HTML-5 based app that runs anywhere.

stogey said:
+1 for WINE inquiry... has anyone tried running with WINE on Mac or Linux box?
I'm running Linux.
As previously asked has anyone set up the IOC software with Wine yet?

I can get the Phantom 2 Vision Assistant to run under Wine without any tweaking (so I assume all versions of the Assistant software should run). What I can't get it to do is access the USB under Wine, so I can't actually connect to the aircraft. I don't think there is native USB support in Wine yet, but I'm not a linux power user by any means so getting past that is way beyond my skills and knowledge!

It's been months and they don't have a Mac solution. Apparently even though Apple makes all their stuff in China, the Chinese don't use macs.

Looks like DJI may be coming out with Mac OS X versions of Phantom software soon. See quote below for an extract from today's announcement from DJI regarding their high-end A2 flight controller. Of course at the moment the corresponding A2 download section still has only Windoze apps, but it often takes DJI up to a day or two to fully rollout new downloads.

Steve

from DJI A2 Flight controller firmware upgrade notice 2013-12-30:

<snip>

Assistant Software

1. Added RC status display.
2. Assistant Software released with support for Mac OS X 10.6(Lion)or above. Assistant software usages on Mac and Windows are exactly the same.

OK, first of all, DJI is referring to Mac OS 10.6 as "Lion". Uh, 10.6 is Snow Leopard. 10.7 is Lion. I sure hope they know the difference as it is not trivial. Secondly, why is everyone trying to virtualize Windows on a Mac with Parallels or VM Ware? Just run Boot Camp which is included free with every Mac and have better application compatibility. You have to own a copy of Windows in either case, and there is a distinct disadvantage in performance when virtualizing. Just sayin'.....

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl