Low Level Voltage LED not showing in NAZA Mode

Reaction score
I recently switched my Phantom 2 into NAZA mode through the software. Everything seems to be working fine except I don't think the Low and Critical Voltage LED notifications are working properly. It seems like the Low LED notification is skipped. It will go from the normal green flashing to rapid red flashing indicating that it is at or below 15%. Why is the 30% Low level alert not showing (slow blinking red)? All battery levels are the default within the software (30% Low and 15% Critical). One more bit of info to pinpoint the issue is that when my P2 begins it's rapid red flashing right after normal green flashes, it does not decend automatically as though it is the normal 30% Low level, but displays the 15% Critical level LED. Any help will be appreciated.

Can you confirm you are actually at either 30 or 15% when the blink happens? I don't recall exactly, but the blink codes are slightly different between Naza and phantom modes, it could be that you are actually seeing 30% and thinking it looks like 15%? Can you post a video of the craft showing the low voltage blinking?

I'll try to get some more info together for evidence. Next time I fly it I will land right when it goes from green flashing to rapid red flashing and hook it up to my computer to see what the voltage is reading through the software. I'm 99% positive that I understand the NAZA LED notifications and that they are different than the normal Phantom mode. According to what I have seen and read, the Low and Critical Battery LED alerts are the same in both Phantom and NAZA mode (Low Capacity: 30% slow blinking red; Critical Capacity: 15% fast blinking red). I'll gather up some info and I am also going to put it back into Phantom mode, fly it to make sure all is well with LED notification, and then put it back into NAZA mode to see if that changes anything.

If you are on 3.06, the battery warnings are completely different, you need to take into account the RTH-on-low-bat system.

Also, I keep saying voltage but on p2 the non-hidden triggers are via current counter. Probably good to clarify that.

As of last week I am up to date on all the firmware and software but I'll double check to see what versions I am on.
ElGuano said:
Also, I keep saying voltage but on p2 the non-hidden triggers are via current counter. Probably good to clarify that.
Could you explain a bit more what you mean about the non-hidden triggers? Thanks!

jrharrison45 said:
As of last week I am up to date on all the firmware and software but I'll double check to see what versions I am on.
ElGuano said:
Could you explain a bit more what you mean about the non-hidden triggers? Thanks!

3.06 is the latest. You can no longer set your percentage triggers but they do show up in the view tab still. The thing is, I don't know if Naza still respects them, because there is a new system to track you're distance from home point and be able to RTH before the battery goes flat. So in some cases 30% may not be enough, in others it may be too high...

The p2 has always used the current counter to let you select a percentage capacity remaining for triggering "low voltage" alarms; it's not actually using the voltage at all. Except that there is a "hidden" unreported alarm that triggers level 2 (autoland) when you hit 10.65v, which DJI determined as the absolute floor. IMO that's a bit high for how I fly, but it is what it is.

I'm at work and I just downloaded the latest assistant software and it has a few differences then what I have on my home computer. So that means I need to upgrade! I thought I was up to date. I will get that updated and check on those settings that you mentioned and then get back to the forum. Thank you for the assistance thus far.

I may have just found my answer. From the looks of this NAZA-M-V2 LED chart (see link below), there is only one battery alert which is a rapid flashing red. It says "Low Voltage Alert" so I'm assuming it is around the typical 30% level. Too bad there isn't a visual distinction between the two levels so the pilot knows when it is automatically descending.

http://wiki.dji.com/en/index.php/Naza-M-V2_LED_Description

Are you sure? I don't recall off the top of my head if this is a Naza-m or p2 distinction, but there should be a "slower flashing red" and "rapid flashing red"distinction somewhere.

According to what I'm seeing on the DJI wiki the Phantom mode has 2 LED battery levels but the NAZA-m mode has one. I don't see anything in the NAZA documentation about a Critical Battery level alert. I would hope that I'm wrong. See these links:

Phantom Mode: http://wiki.dji.com/en/index.php/Phantom_2-LED_Flight_Indicator_Status
NAZA Mode: http://wiki.dji.com/en/index.php/Naza-M-V2_LED_Description

Yesterday I updated my software to 3.2 and MC firmware to 3.06 and took it out for a test flight (in NAZA mode). The Phantom 2 LEDs acted normal - one green flash for sticks in neutral position and two green flashes for sticks more than 10%. Once it hit the Low Battery Level (~30% since the new firmware dynamically changes the level based on distance and altitude from home) it started its rapid red flashing. I flew it around close by for a bit longer until I noticed that it wanted to descend, assuming it hit its Critical Level but no visual LED indication that it was on that 2nd battery level.

Can anyone else confirm their Phantom 2 having only one battery level LED alert (rapid red flashing) in NAZA mode?

You could be right about that. I always set my level 2 alarm as low as possible such that it'll never trigger so I rarely if ever see it.

In Naza mode I only get the same flashing red warning around 19 min.(battery on 7th cycle) After that, approx. 4-5 minutes later it starts to auto land. So I have set alarm on my watch at 15 min and head home then. If and when I get fpv will use video info for return home time. I thought I read somewhere a new rev had added a flashing yellow for second battery warning but can't trust my memory.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl