Low-Battery Warning Horn

Reaction score
Newbie here. First post, and I'm looking forward to learning a LOT from this forum!

I have a P2V+ 3.0. I have not done any firmware updates since purchasing it about two months ago.

Yesterday I was flying it, and didn't pay attention to the battery level (actually, I couldn't see it due to glare on the smartphone screen...but no excuses). Suddenly, I got the klaxon low-battery warning horn from my phone, and my PV2+ starts flying away. For a moment I panicked and thought that I was finished and that the UAV was headed to who-knows-where. Then it appeared to be looking for my car, which is where I did the "compass dance" before flying. Sure enough, it started to descend right at my car, and I reached up and grabbed it. BIG RELIEF!

Here's my question -- Can the low-battery warning klaxon horn be set to go off "X" minutes or seconds before the UAV goes into go-home mode? If so, how do I make that change? (I'd much rather have advance notice and make a controlled descent rather than have it land on its own...)

Thanks.

short answer, no. but there are at least 3 other phantom apps out there with very responsive developers. i'd recommend reaching out to one or all of them with your idea.

short answer, no. but there are at least 3 other phantom apps out there with very responsive developers. i'd recommend reaching out to one or all of them with your idea.

Seems like a no-brainer to me. Oh well...thanks for your advice!! :)

Hi there and welcome. You cannot change the time as such before the klaxon sounds because that is when the battery is at a critical level, i think 15% it is or less and the aircraft will go home and land as you experienced. At 30% the rear leds will flash slow red and its at this time you should land. You do need to keep an eye on the app for the battery, also its best not to calibrate the compass near the car or anything metal as it can cause interference or false reading.

I think I saw a setting on one of the aftermarket apps where you could set the warning to go off at whatever percentage you want it to. I really cannot remember which one.

Next time just keep an eye on your battery percentage every minute or so. As long as your home point is set it should come right back to you. If you move away from your home point you can always reset it by toggling the S2 switch or even use Dynamic Home Point.
Glad you got a good lesson that didnt end in disaster! I know that sinking feeling and it aint good!

Reactions: SoCalUAV
OK -- Next (but related) question. I recall reading somewhere that the go-home function can be overridden and that I can retake manual control even if the UAV has gone into go-home mode. This would have helped my situation yesterday (or at least helped my panic) because I had a large area where I could have brought it down safely.

How does one override the go-home function?

Thanks again!

OK -- Next (but related) question. I recall reading somewhere that the go-home function can be overridden and that I can retake manual control even if the UAV has gone into go-home mode. This would have helped my situation yesterday (or at least helped my panic) because I had a large area where I could have brought it down safely.

How does one override the go-home function?

Thanks again!

You toggle the S1 switch. You should probably re-read the manual.

check out my blog post about regaining control, and also enabling better features to recover from flyaway. or in your case recovering from turning on your aircraft in a spot that you didn't want home to be set as. Not a bad idea to re read the manual theres always a tidbit of info you can pick up in there.

Fly Safe

check out my blog post about regaining control, and also enabling better features to recover from flyaway. or in your case recovering from turning on your aircraft in a spot that you didn't want home to be set as.

Just did. Well-written. Thank you!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl