low battery light when batteries are full

Reaction score
i have 3 dji phantom batteries, all show fully charged.

when I plug one in it shows the warning light then after a minute wont let me acend.

the other 2 show low battery lights right away once I take off and after a minute it force lands.

any suggestions on how to fix would be greatly appreciated

it says vol-low[4]

voltage low

but when i stick the battery in the charger after a minute it says the battery is full

gfagien said:
it says vol-low[4]

voltage low

but when i stick the battery in the charger after a minute it says the battery is full

Check the NAZA Assistant to see if the batterie is set to 3s lipo, if it is set to 4s instead of 3s you will get that message because it is expecting to receive 14.8v from the batterie.

rafaelrezende said:
gfagien said:
it says vol-low[4]

voltage low

Check the NAZA Assistant to see if the batterie is set to 3s lipo, if it is set to 4s instead of 3s you will get that message because it is expecting to receive 14.8v from the batterie.

+1

And if that's already set properly to 3s, check the actual voltage level the NAZA is reading in the voltage tab to make sure it matches what the battery has.

It is set for 3s, it shows the voltage at 10.8 and last night it was literally going lower by the minute.

can it be something inside the phantom?

Do you have any type of battery tester that shows the exact voltage? It's possible the NAZA just needs to have the voltage reading calibrated by you entering what is known to be correct on the battery.

Was the fast dropping voltage you're seeing while it was on the bench? If so, it could indeed indicate a short. Before even cracking it open, I'd start with looking at the main power lead starting with the yellow XT60 connector...it's fairly easy for that connection and cable to get worn/cracked through normal use.

I have the same problem. I have 2 fresh batts and the red light comes on every time during power up cycle of the phantom. I connected it to Naza software and it gave me a low voltage [4] message. I tried different voltage values for the voltage protection and I got no luck. It was still pulsing red led on startup. I then turned off voltage protection and was able to fly a solid 9 minutes on my Phantom 1 with zenmuse gimbal and upgraded board.
I never had that problem prior to installing upgrade board and gimbal.
Any thoughts?

Are your batteries the new "Smart" battery or the old standard lipo?

If dont already have one, it would be a good idea to buy a multimeter, you can get a perfectly usable one for $10

Then you can measure both the disconnected, off load, and connected onload voltage and see if the voltage sensing part of the phantom is correctly reporting the voltage,

One other thing to note is that I think that the voltage on a lipo battery is not a good indication of remaining charge in the battery.
From what I recall, the battery voltage stays at almost its maximum until the battery is virtually flat.

What systems that use lithium based batteries normally do, is track the usage and calculate how much charge they think the battery should have left, rather than just reading the voltage.

However I'm not sure how these systems reset their usage data.

You could try updating your phantom firmware as this may clear any battery data inside the phantom, then try again with a full battery

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akinproplumbing