Lost signal - phantam 4 Pro LOST

Cozy Canuck,

Did your wife happen to purchase the drone with a credit card? It's possible that you are covered for loss through them, give them a call.

Hey,

I had the same issue with my Mavic last week, however though the only warning I had was strong WIFI interference??? but that is weird, since we are 6 kms away from the exchange and my internet speed is only fast enough to load my hotmail LOL. Also I don't live near power lines and I wasn't flying near/under bridges? My backyard is the national park.

My Mavic was spinning out of control even when I had strong GPS signal (17) I think it was, but it kept on spinning and drifting towards nearby houses. The only thing I can contral was the camera on the drone.

Anyways it's with the Camera store now so hopefully I can get refund on the drone.
Sounds like a compass issue.

Cozy Canuck,

Have you or your wife contacted DJI on this?. If so what is their position regarding this matter. It is worth a shot, worst case scenario they may say no to a claim.

Hi there,
This is Cozy Canuck's wife. This is all foreign language for me :) so since I will try to make a case with DJI and I cannot bare to see this much money down the drain and especially seeing my husband's reaction when opening up his gift and then seeing him so distraught that the phantom is more than likely gone for good ....can anyone compose something based on the last flight log, to state my case that this should not have happened for X, Y and Z.... I need something worded so that DJI would understand my point, because I'm sure my case would be thrown out the window if I were to try to compose something. I wouldn't even know where to begin. ;)

If you have a friend with a drone nearby you could ask them to do a flyover of that area.

If you have a friend with a drone nearby you could ask them to do a flyover of that area.
Last fall my brother crashed/lost a RC spitfire plane. He and his RC club buddies searched for hours and always came back empty. I told him maybe my drone might be able to help. I created a Litchi WP mission consisting of evenly spaced flight paths covering the area of interest. While flying the mission we didnt see anything. At home I put the video on my pc and...... end of the first flight path, there it was. The plane was a write off but all the radio equipment still works.
lostplane2.jpg

I created a Litchi WP mission consisting of evenly spaced flight paths covering the area of interest. While flying the mission we didnt see anything. At home I put the video on my pc and...... end of the first flight path, there it was.

....that's a very, very good suggestion. Doing a flight path search grid tight-in (not too high, but high enough to clear the trees by 60 feet or so), then studying the video in slow-mo...

The problem now is snow cover (unless the drone is hung up in a tree...).

Cozy Canuck,

Did your wife happen to purchase the drone with a credit card? It's possible that you are covered for loss through them, give them a call.

Hi
This is the wife. It was purchased with a credit card and I did check to see if it was covered for loss and it isn't :(

Any idea how long it will take for DJI to acknowledge my claim or make a decision?

I sent an email to : [email protected] on Jan 2nd.

I would get into the live chat with them, I never have luck emailing them but always get prompt service through the live chat. You will have to wait in the chat que for a while but it is worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: The Ghost
I am in contact with DGI currently for my clean, they are asking for the serial number of the remote controller. I have sent a picture of the back of the remote controller because I cannot simply following the serial number. Does anyone know where is the serial number on the phantom 4 pro? I'd like to get this claim sent out and done with so they can give me an answer.

I am in contact with DGI currently for my clean, they are asking for the serial number of the remote controller. I have sent a picture of the back of the remote controller because I cannot simply following the serial number. Does anyone know where is the serial number on the phantom 4 pro? I'd like to get this claim sent out and done with so they can give me an answer.
There seems to be two possibilities for the serial number
1) on the back of the controller directly under the handle is a sticker with a QR-code and number printed on it
2) in the DJI Go app, select the 3 dots menu '...' on top right corner, then again select the 3 dots menu '...' then at the bottom of that menu, select about. It shows the P4p serial number, and the remote controller serial number.

I notice the serial numbers for either P4p or RC do not show until the P4p is powered on so this may not be easy if your' P4p is not running.
Also, my sticker number on the back of my remote is not the same number as the serial in the menu so the sticker may or may not be any use - I did notice the stickers on both my controller and a friends' are different numbers so maybe DJI can use it if you cannot get the DJI Go to show you the serial number there.

There seems to be two possibilities for the serial number
1) on the back of the controller directly under the handle is a sticker with a QR-code and number printed on it
2) in the DJI Go app, select the 3 dots menu '...' on top right corner, then again select the 3 dots menu '...' then at the bottom of that menu, select about. It shows the P4p serial number, and the remote controller serial number.

I notice the serial numbers for either P4p or RC do not show until the P4p is powered on so this may not be easy if your' P4p is not running.
Also, my sticker number on the back of my remote is not the same number as the serial in the menu so the sticker may or may not be any use - I did notice the stickers on both my controller and a friends' are different numbers so maybe DJI can use it if you cannot get the DJI Go to show you the serial number there.

I sent a picture of the whole back of my controller including evert darn number that's printed on my controller and still they ask me for the serial number so I am completely confused what exactly they want. I can't open anything up on my controler to see if there is something hidden...so where in the hell is this stupid number.

I sent a picture of the whole back of my controller including evert darn number that's printed on my controller and still they ask me for the serial number so I am completely confused what exactly they want. I can't open anything up on my controler to see if there is something hidden...so where in the hell is this stupid number.
It sounds like they want the controller number shown in the DJI-GO app about screen, gusss if your' bird wont connect then that would be a bit hard - is there a drone shop/workshop near you where they might let you connect to one of their P4 in order to retreive the number.
The only other way I can think is possibly some log files will include the transmitter number - I have never really looked in detail at what the logs hold - msinger will probably know if that is possible - he is one of the best genius on here - maybe send a Pm to him

Edit: here is the screen on the DJI-GO app which shows controller serial number...

IMG_3029.png

Last edited:

Hey, I am also a (not so) Cozy Canuck (very cold right now), and tho it is a very large country, Perhaps I am close enough to offer that flyover to attempt to locate your drone? Having said that, likely have to wait for snow to melt to have any actual chance of finding.

Currently a P3P owner (not sure for how long?)

There are serial numbers on the box but not a 'Flight Controller' serial number -try feeding those numbers to DJI if you still have the box...

Well, this is Cozy Canuck's wife. I made the claim, sent a picture of all numbers on the remote controller and today we got the best news. They have confirmed that the incident with the drone is a warranty case. So my husband is getting a new one :) so incredibly happy for him! Thanks everyone for you help and input. My husband and I really appreciate it.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jumperswaves